• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Finished Rack Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can now order any of our racks and backrest directly from our website. Our website also includes a lot of audio equipment for your motorcycling needs, including satellite radio mounts, earphones, XM power units, in-line volume controls, audio ampliers, raincovers, etc. Check Us Out!

Premier Cycle Accessories

OHFJR,

Just wanted to thank you for the Givi rack and backrest. Love them both. My wife will finally ride on the back.

BMort

Just installed the E250 Givi monokey rack and V46 trunk -- fit like a charm on OHFJR original size rack!

Hand grab protector piece still fits with no clearance problems for the lid of the GIVI trunk.

Used the nylon spacers OHJFR sent (thanks!) under the forward counterbores, but skipped using OHFJR's 6mmX1 fasteners, and used CRES (stainless steel) fasteners, and locktite (blue) (don't really like/trust nyloc fasteners supplied by GIVI) instead.

Aft side rack holes lined up perfect with the webbing holes in the E250.

Looks good, and just wanted to say thanks OHFJR.

OHFJR, I apologize for the lateness of this post. I have no excuse other than that I am generally useless (jus ask me wife). The fit and finish of your sport rack/backrest is outstanding, fits sleek to the lines of the bike, gives bike a full fledged touring look AND the rest is fully pillion comfort approved. Thanks for the great product and delivery that was light years more prompt than my post.

OHFJR,

I too am very pleased with my Mini rack... Installed in two minutes and looks great.

My original intent was to install the Givi E250 to mount my v46. I ordered one from TwistedThrotte. Fearing it wasn't going to be here in time for EOM I took the rack off my other bike and bolted it on. The E350 showed up today. What a POS. I had no idea this thing was plastic.

Fred was right, no way I'd trust those holes without putting some spacers or something under it. The rack I pulled from Zed is Aluminum or cast something or other. Way stronger and it probably wasn't that much more expensive.

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. Since it's my intent to put Zed back to stock, or at least in a non-touring config, I'll probably stick with the stronger version of the mounting plate.

Though this has absolutely nothing to do with OHFJR's workmanship, only GIVI's cheapening of the parts.

-MD

just orderred the 52L Givi and E250 bracket from Univeristy Motors, Fargo, SD. Now need to know procedure for ordering your little gem.

Thanks for the quick delivery, all is good, precise alignment. Suggest you go easy on the popcorn in the packaging. It'll save money and hate to put that stuff in the landfill!The rack is tough enough to take anything they dish out. E52 coming from univesity motors.

I'll post my 2 cents worth here too. This is QUALITY piece here! Everything bolts up just right and looks great. Shipping was fast too. I can't understand why Givi came up with the installation they did. I found an E250 rack at BMW Ft. Worth and it bolts up perfectly, just trying to decide on which top case to order. Thanks Duane!!

OHFJR

Installed the sport rack and backrest this past weekend on my 06. These are quality parts, the RAM mounts and your satellite radio mount worked just fine again thanks for the help with this,my wife say's the backrest made her feel more comfortable riding.

Yet another coolness of the OHFJR rack (original size) -- easily accepts the Helmet Guardian (with a simple piece of angle, and drilling 4 holes in it.)

Putting it higher than the tag and -- vioal! No more helmet in the dirty fender or on the hot exhaust!!

Link with pictures

Thanks again Duane --

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT! We are excited to introduce a new feature that we have incorporated into all of all our racks. We have added the capability of adding helmet locks to the bottom of our racks. A feature the FJR sorely lacks. We will be using the Helmet Guardian locks system with our own brackets that mount the locks individually, one on each side of the rack. Several of our customers have already mounted the Helmet Guardian locks under our racks and are very happy with the results. The Helmet Guardian is the best helmet lock system on the market today, but mounting it behind the license plate on the FJR does present some problems. When mounted behind the license plate, the helmet on the left side hangs down and actually hits the hot exhaust pipe. The helmet on the right side does not hit the exhaust pipe, but does lie against the bike fender which may be dirty from road grim. When the Helmet Guardian is mounted underneath our racks, the helmets hang higher and further away from the bike. Therefore your helmets do not hit the hot exhaust pipe or lay against the bike's back fender.

Our racks have been redesigned to easily mount the helmet lock bracket to them. All racks shipped from this point forward will have this feature built into them so you can add our Helmet Lock System to them at anytime. Customers who already own our racks will be able to add this feature to their racks if they would like. It will require a drill bit and an 82 degree countersink, but it is pretty easy to adapt an existing racks.

We are currently making the brackets and we are probably 3 weeks away from shipping the helmet lock kit. The kit will consist of a Helmet Guardian lock system and two brackets designed to fit onto our racks. We will only sell the helmet locks in pairs so please do not ask to buy a single lock. We will sell just our brackets to anyone that already has a Helmet Guardian lock already. Final pricing for the locking kit has not been determined yet, but it is expected to be around $50.00. I do not have any pictures yet, but will post some as soon as possible. I am making this announcing a little bit early since customers that have received our new racks have been asking what the four new holes are for. Hopefully this will clear up the questions.

[SIZE=12pt]Attention 2003-2005 Owners!!! [/SIZE]

Our line of luggage racks and backrests are now available for the earlier model years. We have designed an adapter kit that allows our standard racks to bolt up to your bike. The kit consists of two aluminum standoffs and three stainless steel allen bolts. We have already successfully fitted our rack onto an 03 model with great results! The installation is pretty easy, but you do have to drill two 3/4" holes thru the plastic on your bike. We have complete information about the features and benefits of our racks on our website listed below.

[SIZE=10pt]Premier Cycle Accessories[/SIZE]

Premier Cycle Accessories is having a 15% off Christmas Sale on all Luggage Racks and Passenger Backrest. This is our way of thanking the FJR community for a great year. Sale prices are good for orders received by December 22, 2006. Merry Christmas!

PREMIER CYCLE ACCESSORIES

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT! We are excited to introduce a new feature that we have incorporated into all of all our racks. We have added the capability of adding helmet locks to the bottom of our racks. A feature the FJR sorely lacks. We will be using the Helmet Guardian locks system with our own brackets that mount the locks individually, one on each side of the rack. Several of our customers have already mounted the Helmet Guardian locks under our racks and are very happy with the results. The Helmet Guardian is the best helmet lock system on the market today, but mounting it behind the license plate on the FJR does present some problems. When mounted behind the license plate, the helmet on the left side hangs down and actually hits the hot exhaust pipe. The helmet on the right side does not hit the exhaust pipe, but does lie against the bike fender which may be dirty from road grim. When the Helmet Guardian is mounted underneath our racks, the helmets hang higher and further away from the bike. Therefore your helmets do not hit the hot exhaust pipe or lay against the bike's back fender.
Our racks have been redesigned to easily mount the helmet lock bracket to them. All racks shipped from this point forward will have this feature built into them so you can add our Helmet Lock System to them at anytime. Customers who already own our racks will be able to add this feature to their racks if they would like. It will require a drill bit and an 82 degree countersink, but it is pretty easy to adapt an existing racks.

We are currently making the brackets and we are probably 3 weeks away from shipping the helmet lock kit. The kit will consist of a Helmet Guardian lock system and two brackets designed to fit onto our racks. We will only sell the helmet locks in pairs so please do not ask to buy a single lock. We will sell just our brackets to anyone that already has a Helmet Guardian lock already. Final pricing for the locking kit has not been determined yet, but it is expected to be around $50.00. I do not have any pictures yet, but will post some as soon as possible. I am making this announcing a little bit early since customers that have received our new racks have been asking what the four new holes are for. Hopefully this will clear up the questions.

We are now shipping the helmet kits for that mount underneath our racks. Check out pictures and ordering information on our website. www.pca-one.com

Premier Cycle Accessories is having a 15% off Christmas Sale on all Luggage Racks and Passenger Backrest. This is our way of thanking the FJR community for a great year. Sale prices are good for orders received by December 22, 2006. Merry Christmas!
PREMIER CYCLE ACCESSORIES

The sales has been extended until Tuesday morning at 7:00AM Eastern time. Merry Christmas!

[SIZE=12pt]Oh, man. Suckered again. :angry2: [/SIZE]

Naturally when I saw the thread about the new rack, I expected to see something like this:

wish_these_were_brains.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Or at least like this: [/SIZE]

deer_rack.jpg

Yeesh you guys. Is motorcycles ALL you ever think about!

Jb

With apologies to Silver :huh: