New Member - Geese - Question on MMOTO and aftermarket side cases for the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geese

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello joining the forum. I have a 2018 FJR bought in 2020 brand new. Went in to by a BMW 1250 RT but couldn't pass up the deal. Glad I did the money I saved allowed me to customize with custom seat, lower, wide screen and most important a very nice 2014 Ultimate Trailer.

I have been riding for 50 years, road tripping around the west, for 45 years and currently enjoying riding camping trips with my sons.

Prior to getting the FJR I road a Triumph 1050 outfitted with Giva Trekker 46L side cases. While I have always been able to make the FJR work with the small side cases I have missed the storage. I have never found any substitutes available.

Recently I stumbled across an old post on the forum while searching for alternate bag sources again that said MMOTO had a welded luggage rack system that works for the FJR.
https://www.mmotoracks.com/product/whole-welded-luggage-rack-system-for-yamaha-fjr1300
https://www.mmotoracks.com/product/...r-fastening-aluminum-cases-for-yamaha-fjr1300

1st question has anyone had any experience with the MMTO welded system either the FJR systems above or others. 2nd question, has anyone MMOTO. They are a Ukrainian company. I have done business with Ukrainian and Russian companies before as I have found some interesting after market set ups by them (cages, lowered/adjustable pegs) and never had a problem but that was before the war.

Any comments appreciated.

Thank you I look forward to following the forum.

First off, welcome aboard. Second, you might want to PM or search for posts by a member Called OldJeep. He has a nifty setup of larger cases and I think they are made by Givi. They're a top quality brand.

I run that system, beefy but required a little persuasion to install. They are in Ukraine, so not sure what delivery is like these days.
I'll find some pics

One thing to note is that if you are running huge rectangular cases like my Kappa KGR46 sides and KGR52 top that you need to use something like a givi adapter place to space the top case up enough to clear. If you are using smaller bags, the top case would hook right on their rack,
IMG_20210704_061805.jpg

IMG_20210704_145639_1.jpgIMG_20210830_170932_1.jpgIMG_20210830_171007_1.jpg

First off, welcome aboard. Second, you might want to PM or search for posts by a member Called OldJeep. He has a nifty setup of larger cases and I think they are made by Givi. They're a top quality brand.
Mine are Kappa - the other brand that Givi makes - same mounting. The Kappa are mostly available in Europe but you can order them here, they are cheaper and I like the styling better.

Mine are Kappa - the other brand that Givi makes - same mounting. The Kappa are mostly available in Europe but you can order them here, they are cheaper and I like the styling better.
Thank you for the info Chuck P. , Old Jeep Great pix.

You bring up the following questions.
1. Was the 'persuasion' you talk about getting the rack to fit or the spacer you had to use for the top case?
2. It looks to me like you have the same rear cage part I do, that is good to see. The bolt on that gage fits into a hole on top piece which runs to the muffler. I assume the rack lower fwd bar fits on the inside of that fitting meaning a longer bolt would be required and then a nut to hold the rack. Am I looking at that right?
Below the red circle is the inside piece of the bolt I assume I will need for the front low mount.
3. Where did you get the Giva spacer plate from? I don't see it under accessories or spare parts on the Giva site or am not recognizing it. It looks like it worked great. I assume I could make the "universal" mount work also. Had one on my Tour Deluxe.
4. Finally do you know of any reason it wouldn't fit on the 2018. They list 2006 to 2012 and your pix show a 2007 I assume. They all look the same in the rear end to me but don't know that they are for a fact.

Thank you for your time and info.

mounting bolt end.jpg

1) The persuasion was bending one of the legs a little with a ratchet strap to get it to line up.
1721222068690.png
2) Yeah, longer bolt and nut for the mounting point that the rack and luggage guard uses. My luggage guards are r-gaza.
3) There isn't really a spacer, it is just a givi universal mounted on top the rack (E-251)
4) No idea if it would fit a 2018.

Last edited: