NEW Sport Touring tires from Avon !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebuilt already by your friends at GPSuspension.
Yep, haven't even been able to try it out yet, waiting on a new fender. (Fender arrived yesterday).

GPSuspension also installed the *correct* spring rate using a splendid Eibach spring, as the Wilbers (HyperPro) spring was significantly lower than what it what it should have been.

Ready to go back in when I re-build the rear of the bike:

rebuiltWlbers.jpg

Rebuilt already by your friends at GPSuspension.
GPSuspension also installed the *correct* spring rate using a splendid Eibach spring, as the Wilbers (HyperPro) spring was significantly lower than what it what it should have been.
Awesome!! (The rebuilt shock part that is.) GP made a world of difference on my shock before the big rally last year with the Eibach and tuning. I even went up there with my bike at rally weight.

Iffin ya don't mind my asking, what did they getcha for on the rebuild. I plan on getting mine in their before too long, at least before the big rally next year. Perhaps even this winter but I'm afraid I'd pile on too many miles before August.

dougc

Hey Avon Tyres (if that is your real name),
That's fine and all. But could AVON manufacture a tire a little more in balance. I am an Avon user and probably will continue to be but geez... :clapping:

-Okay, balance aside, I do notice that the FJR is FEATURED in the Storm ST advertisement.

Well I was a Avon user. The last pair ... I couldn't stand the wobble anymore. :glare:

I also didn't like the amount of weight I had to put on the rims to balance them.

Check out the New Storm Sport Touring tires at the Avon website
AV55/56 Storm ST

Sport Touring Radials

•A-VBD Advanced Variable Belt Density

Densely wrapped belt in center for stability, wear, & mileage; less dense on shoulders for huge, compliant contact patch

•ES-System (Enhanced Stability)

Design reduces flex for improved grip & stability

•SiO2-HD (High Dispersibility Silica)

Fast warm up times & superior grip

•ATAC (Advanced Tread Arc Combination)

Varied tread profile maximizes handling & stability

•Deep Tread Depth & New Pattern

High resistance to wear and excellent mileage

•EAF (Enhanced Aqua Flow)

Tread gives optimal water dispersal

•Road Hazard Warranty

Covers the first mm of wear

Apart from the road hazard warranty mentioned above, what can users of this new tire expect compared to the Azaro, since I have quite a few miles ridden on them? I mean, you don't expect to come in here with 1 post and not give us a real world assessment now would you? I don't care if your viewpoint is biased,(sorry I couldn't resist :D ) just give us some honest feedback from one rider to another? And maybe addressing the previous points mentioned by the membership.

I really appreciate you making everyone here aware of your new product, and your presence at WFO, but this post just kind of feels like the classifieds in one of my cycle mags.

Last edited by a moderator:
..... it was waaaaaay overdue for a rebuild, since it had about 29,000 miles since installation. So, in the end, this was my own doing... :(
So what your saying is that my Wilbers with 55,000 miles on it is REALLY due for a rebuild? And that MY Gerlach oopsie was the direct result of a worn out Wilbers and not any poor judgement on my part?

Yeah, ok. I like that. :D

Iffin ya don't mind my asking, what did they getcha for on the rebuild. I plan on getting mine in their before too long, at least before the big rally next year. Perhaps even this winter but I'm afraid I'd pile on too many miles before August.
+1

what did they getcha for on the rebuild. I plan on getting mine in their before too long, at least before the big rally next year. Perhaps even this winter but I'm afraid I'd pile on too many miles before August.

+1
<whispering>

Hey guys, let me work the Group Buy details before I spring all the indo to everyone, okay?

The GPSuspension GB will offer all the following options:

- Ohlins and Penske rear shock options

- complete FJR1300 fork overhaul, using Ohlins or Eibach springs, and all custom Race Tech internals

- complete Wilbers overhaul, including a new Eibach spring, if the current one is incorrect.

- a couple other options I am still working.

Patience, dudes.... look for this Group Buy to launch right around mid-November.

</whispering>

;)

Awesome!!!!!!

GP Suspension is practically right next door to me. (whispering)Way to go Warchild.

Bill

I have a set of the new Avon Storms coming early next week.
They'll be going on the Blackbird.... but not until I finish repairing the damage on it... :(
Warchild... so can you tell us where your getting the new Avon Storms from? I've done a little searching on the Internet and it seems that no one has them advertised for sale.

Patience, dudes.... look for this Group Buy to launch right around mid-November.
I could be a lot more patient than that. I don't think my family will appreciate motorcycle parts in their Christmas stockings. :glare:

I have some fairly deep contacts within the vendor world..... only two North American distributors have a line on the "Storms" at the moment (TR and PU), and only TR has the part numbers (AV-55 and AV-56) listed in their system.

PU has them on the water right now (on the boat from England)... should arrive in a couple weeks. But Sunnyside is scoring these from TR.

I just put on a pair of Avon ST 45/46's and they did not require any weight to balance either the front or the rear.

Ride is perfect with no wobbles anywhere.

I have never had to use much weight on the at least six pairs of them I have had on bikes.

I just put on a pair of Avon ST 45/46's and they did not require any weight to balance either the front or the rear.
Ride is perfect with no wobbles anywhere.
Ditto - Smitty141 helped me mount my tires last month and after finding the balance point on the rims then adjusting the tires accordingly, zero weight was used and stable up to 130mph

Smitty141 helped me mount my tires last month and after finding the balance point on the rims then adjusting the tires accordingly, zero weight was used and stable up to 130mph
What happens after that?

Errr? What's this? Farkles for my farkles? Great. Just when my bank account thought is was safe again... Gee, thanks - I think. :blink:

Can't wait to hear a mileage report on the new Storms. I like the current offering in every way except mileage (the low speed wobble was no big deal to me). I've got new Z6's going on this week so by the time I have to make my next choice maybe Avon will be back in the hunt!

Hey Avon Tyres (if that is your real name),
That's fine and all. But could AVON manufacture a tire a little more in balance. I am an Avon user and probably will continue to be but geez...
I wish Mr. Tyres would pop back in and respond so this would seem less like spam.
Found some.

Just wanted to bring this thread back near the top again. Looking to hear how the new Avons work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.