NEW Sport Touring tires from Avon !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess I'll be the guinee pig. I place an order with Gary at University today. These tires are supposed to arrive with both Tucker and Parts Unlimited Whses on Nov 30th and will be out for distribution then. They will ship to me asap after that. University was $7 per tire hire than Toecutters link (but support the supporters, Right?)

Anyone get their Storms yet? Mine were 'posed to be in yesterday, but alas, they were not... Another week of almost-to-the-cord riding - gosh, I can see skooter beaming with pride from here!

Ordered my set from SWMototires on Friday, were shipped the same day. Should see them on Tuesday or Wednesday. No matter, my forks are off and into GP Suspension so I won't get to try them out right away but can at least get them mounted.

Bill

Anyone get their Storms yet? Mine were 'posed to be in yesterday, but alas, they were not... Another week of almost-to-the-cord riding - gosh, I can see skooter beaming with pride from here!
Same here on the cord. They were supposed to be at University Motors Thurs then off to me. Now they are due to arrive at Univ on Monday.

You guys BETTER post how they work. My Avons will need to be replaced next year and if I can't get the 45/46's I want to know how the Storms are.

Tom

You guys BETTER post how they work. My Avons will need to be replaced next year and if I can't get the 45/46's I want to know how the Storms are.
Tom

Just ordered some today from Southwest Moto.

Hope to have them on within 2 weeks. I'll post my impressions when I've had a chance to ride with them.

I hope they last longer than the OEM tires that came on the bike. I've had good luck with Avon's on my VTX1800C.

LC

Tom

Just ordered some today from Southwest Moto.

Hope to have them on within 2 weeks. I'll post my impressions when I've had a chance to ride with them.

I hope they last longer than the OEM tires that came on the bike. I've had good luck with Avon's on my VTX1800C.

LC
I've got over 6000 miles on my Avons now and they look like I SHOULD (YMMV) get about 10k out of them before I need to replace them. I sure hope someone posts their results on the new Storms before I have to replace mine.

Tom

Same here on the cord. They were supposed to be at University Motors Thurs then off to me. Now they are due to arrive at Univ on Monday.

That's why you need a great second bike like my VTX1800C for a backup when the FJR is down :) ;)

LC

I wonder if Avon is going to continue to manufacture the Azaros, now that they are coming out with the Storm?

My OEM Metzlers are shot. Just under 10K of mostly highway riding. Surprised they made it this far.

I have a pair of Storms coming direct from Avon, thanks to the door prize I won at WFO. You know, nothing is better that getting fresh shoes on your steed. "Cept maybe getting the shoes FOR FREE!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

That's why you need a great second bike like my VTX1800C for a backup when the FJR is down :) ;)

LC
OK, send the VTX over and I'll ride it :D

Hoo-Rah!

Real men ride their tires to the cords!

I just put on a pair of Avon ST 45/46's and they did not require any weight to balance either the front or the rear.

Ride is perfect with no wobbles anywhere.
Ditto - Smitty141 helped me mount my tires last month and after finding the balance point on the rims then adjusting the tires accordingly, zero weight was used and stable up to 130mph
Soooo, not being on the in with the balancing act of the Avon's, (or any other tire for that matter), once one finds the (best) balance point on the wheel in relation to the tire, the tire and rim are mated at that point, (no remarks please), and then the process of adding weights is reduced and the too many weights/wobbles problems mentioned with this tire are mostly eleminated? I really like the looks and stats of these tires and would appreceiate the help. Just not really clear on the term, "balance point". Thanks, PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put on a pair of Avon ST 45/46's and they did not require any weight to balance either the front or the rear.

Ride is perfect with no wobbles anywhere.
Ditto - Smitty141 helped me mount my tires last month and after finding the balance point on the rims then adjusting the tires accordingly, zero weight was used and stable up to 130mph
Soooo, not being on the in with the balancing act of the Avon's, (or any other tire for that matter), once one finds the (best) balance point on the wheel in relation to the tire, the tire and rim are mated at that point, (no remarks please), and then the process of adding weights is reduced and the too many weights/wobbles problems mentioned with this tire are mostly eleminated? I really like the looks and stats of these tires and would appreceiate the help. Just not really clear on the term, "balance point". Thanks, PM. <>< :unsure:
Try this

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;hl=balancing

:)

So you Avon guys that have also tried Pirelli Diablo Stradas... please let me know what you think of the new Avons. I only have two sets of new tires in the garage so I will be ready to order again in a month.

:)

So you Avon guys that have also tried Pirelli Diablo Stradas... please let me know what you think of the new Avons. I only have two sets of new tires in the garage so I will be ready to order again in a month. :)

Now, that's too close to the truth to be funny. :dribble: But it's still funny :lol: :lol: :unsure:

LC

Mine on on The UPS truck to ME now and due on the 7th. So They are out there now boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.