NorCal Int'l Bike Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
What a great time I had. I left Elk Grove @ 0730....37 degrees and foggy! At West Sacramento we were:

mm2

Flying Junior

Feeger

Ric-in-Sac

Gfran

Sacramento Mike

Dave Migliore (and Susan)

We headed to Vacavill for breakfast to meet up with the Hycles, Bluestreeks, etc. We were joined by an unannounced guest: James Burleigh! :yahoo:

Then 8 bikes headed for the show. We didn't get to San Mateo until nearly noon. There we saw uberkul and the Highlanders and I ran into a few other friends from the past. All in all it was a wonderful time....and we got to see some motorcycles.

Pictures to follow once they're uploaded, etc. I'm sure Hycle, Bluestreek and Highlander also have pictures.

BTW, IMO, Ducati motorcycles really are rolling pieces of art! All one has to do is admire a few of them at the display, sit on one or two and then wander through any other manufacturers booth. The difference is startling to me. :rolleyes:

I'm going to move some other comments from the Ride Planning thread over to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show today........ stunt bikes were cool.......I saw Silent there but no one else??

B.

Gentlemen
I plan to be at the show saturday when it opens in the morning. I will have a collection of Ignition Relay Harnesses with me for the people on the list.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=111493&view=findpost&p=519002

Relay harness next build of 50 units.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=111493&view=findpost&p=519002

Bring 50 dollars cash and you can have your harness on the spot. Sure beats paying for shipping. :)

Hope to see you all there.

Brodie
Thanks for bringing the harness Brodie! I didn't see this particular post til now tho :p

Glad I got a chance to see both you and fjronamission at the show. I also got a chance to catch up a bit with Del (painman) since he was working the gear trailer.

Good show

Gentlemen
I plan to be at the show saturday when it opens in the morning. I will have a collection of Ignition Relay Harnesses with me for the people on the list.

Relay harness next build of 50 units.

Bring 50 dollars cash and you can have your harness on the spot. Sure beats paying for shipping. :)

Hope to see you all there.

Brodie
Thanks for bringing the harness Brodie! I didn't see this particular post til now tho :p

Glad I got a chance to see both you and fjronamission at the show. I also got a chance to catch up a bit with Del (painman) since he was working the gear trailer.

Good show

Just got home from spending the afternoon at the bike show with some good friends. JB even met us at breakfast in Vacaville. Sorry we missed Silent, Brodie and fjronamission.
Had a nice time sharing lanes with the Bay Area traffic.

There were eight bikes on the ride down and five bikes on the ride home.

The show was good, but the ride and people I met were great! I'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys and gals again.

Sorry I missed you Silent. I haven't had a single problem with the mods we did at your house :) .

There were eight bikes on the ride down and five bikes on the ride home.

Correction: There were eight bikes on the ride down and three on the ride home.

What a great bunch of people -- all of us, plus the friends we met! What a great day to ride.

I hate to imagine riding in Bay Area traffic without lane splitting.

We met the Highlanders (Dave and Dianne) at the show. RogDeb asked for a picture of the KTM Adventure. It just happens I found Highlander checking out a replacement for his DL. :yahoo:

BikeShowl2009002.jpg

Santa says, "Ho-Ho-Ho! This one may get "lost" in my bag so I will have to keep it for myself!"
BikeShowl2009003.jpg

We were looking for a bike that had a low enough seat height for Mrs. Hycle. Terri found this one and most of us agreed it would be "perfect"! (Mike's vote was discounted as we thought he just wanted it for himself.)
BikeShowl2009008.jpg

This is unbelievable..... to the left of the MC, in the hate and white beard , is Brodie!!! and dead behind the MC in the blue/green shirt is me..

we missed each other all day and stood right across from each other at this show...... :p :lol: :rolleyes:

IMG_2853_wk.jpg

B

Caught the group after breakfast in Vacaville. Enjoyed the ride in and time spent. Thanks all.

Snapshots. (Sorry about the quality. No flash.)

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0857-1.jpg

Greetings.

IMG_0861.jpg

In now.

IMG_0862-2.jpg

Tim. We go way back. :D

IMG_0863-1.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884-1.jpg

Seany and Karryll.

IMG_0897.jpg

SacramentoMike, I hope you're feeling better amigo. Take care.

Merry Christmas to all of you NorCal riders I've had the pleasure of riding with and spending time with this year.

See you in '09, okay?

We had a great time yesterday.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Here are a couple pictures.

[SIZE=12pt]Terri trying out a KTM.[/SIZE]

TerriKTM.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Steve smiles big again, good looking women have that effect on him.[/SIZE]

SteveSmiles.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Madmike and Hycle load test the KTM.[/SIZE]

KTMloded.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Highlander trys out the KTM.[/SIZE]

HighlanderKTM.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Santa Madmike was getting presents early.[/SIZE]

SantaPresents.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]More cute kids, and Madmike is a leg man.[/SIZE]

CuteKids.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]As we looked at the classic bikes I saw five I had owned or taken for a ride. [/SIZE]

Terri pointed out that I am now a Classic model too, I think she was being kind.

Historic.jpg

Another great time with great company. Like you MM2 I drool over the Ducati's. The "Streetfighter" was very impressive.

Walt, Gary and I left at 3:30 as a flight of 3 via Stockton. Den Mother and I had a Christmas Party to attend. I can't believe I walked through that entire show without bumping into Highlander. I wanted him to show me how to touch toes on a KTM. We must have been covering the circuit in the same direction.

Looks like we all had a little Duc envy going.

440683470_nAJwF-XL.jpg

They definitely have the whole exotic speed culture thing figured out.

There's a few more here. I worked hard all day trying to get my brother to commit to something... easier said than done. :dribble:

I think a fun day was had by all

Hycle found something he liked.

Not sure what that is coming from between his legs ( maybe an ice cream scoop) :p

IMG_1728.jpg

I could have a lot of fun with this bike cruising the interstate

IMG_1733.jpg

MM2 checking out the Man Strom

IMG_1734.jpg

Cyndi found this little number to be just her size and it even comes with a side bag that attaches to to rear view mirror

IMG_1735.jpg

Sorry I missed you guys last Saturday! Both boys wanted to go, so we caged it down there, arriving shortly before 10 am. Lots to see and do, most of which is well covered above. Below are a few highlights of the 12:00 stunt show.

Do these guys ride like idiots? Yes. Are they entertaining? Most definitely! Enjoy!

StuntIntro.jpg

The Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEr3UbmE07s