NY - Adirondack's Ride June 14th 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be in the same area Friday night -- taking the Lee Parks course at Hudson Valley Community College on June 14th -- and would love to join the group for dinner to meet some of the forum folks. When the dinner plans get made, any objections to me crashing the party?

I'm glad you like the plan....Route 47 is kind of narrow also (sort of like 42 I think) but it's a real pretty road and runs along a creek.
Oops, I just realized that CR47 is Oliverea Road. I ride it frequently. There is some gravel on the road near the hiker parking lots but otherwise a nice ride. One spot has an interesting waterfall.

The Woodstock site is at 3567 Hwy 55 in Bethel. There is a museum there now and a plaque overlooking the field. A little about it here.

I'm going to be in the same area Friday night -- taking the Lee Parks course at Hudson Valley Community College on June 14th -- and would love to join the group for dinner to meet some of the forum folks. When the dinner plans get made, any objections to me crashing the party?

Absolutely no objections squeeze... & I'm sure that I speak for the whole group. Looking forward to meeting you, Heidi

Friday Dinner seems likely at Ruby Tuesday's in Latham at around 7ish. For those that can't make dinner, we plan on going to Starbucks (right down the road from Ruby Tuesday's) after dinner.....like around 8pm.

Friday Dinner seems likely at Ruby Tuesday's in Latham at around 7ish. For those that can't make dinner, we plan on going to Starbucks (right down the road from Ruby Tuesday's) after dinner.....like around 8pm.
Starbucks right b4 bed? Oh myyyy... Maybe I'll be exploring one of their decaffeinated items.

Isn't the Woodstock site at Yazger's Farm?

The actual "Woodstock" site is in fact at Yasgur's Farm near the Town of Bethel.....not really near the town of Woodstock (oddly enough).

It's an added 35 mile detour which I think will be fun.

Heidi, are you coming up to Latham Friday night and then riding back down to Geezer's and then back up again on Saturday morning?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on arriving at Geez's Thursday. It'll depend if he's going to be home as to whether I arrive at his place in the morning or in the evening. I'm not negatively impacted if I have to explore the area before he gets home.

I've talked w/ my bud Nancy who lives in NJ. I am planning to leave here after work on Wednesday night, ride to NJ, spend the night at her house & finish the ride into NY in the morning... trying to avoid traffic.

I'm up for whatever Geezer's up for. So, perhaps that dinner ??? should be directed at him, Heidi

PS... Of interest to me... is Latham far from him? If so, would it be possible to have dinner somewhere 1/2 way between us?

I work from home most days and plan to be home Thursday, Friday, and Monday. I took Friday off so I can ride all day with a clear conscience.

I live about 90 minutes from Latham. It is OK with me if we find some place about half way between for dinner. If that doesn't work then those who don't need to ride north are welcome to my place for some eats and beverages after riding Friday.

Wherever & whenever, sounds good to me. We should be arriving Latham mid-afternoon Friday, would like to eat dinner with some of the group. Close-by sounds good, we would be able to walk <1 mile to Ruby's from the hotel, because it means I can drink at dinner. On the other hand, we're also open to taking a short (say 45 minutes) ride from the hotel to meet up at a worthy dinning place. [Kind of like we did last year at Carlisle, even though I didn't get to watch the fireworks on the way home, I still enjoyed the ride.] Afterwards, I intend to find a bar within walking distance of the hotel, or maybe a cab to get me to one.

Can I get that cappuccino decaf with a shot of butter rum schnapps?

Jim and I are meeting people in Latham that I know will not be able to ride half way on Friday night because of other plans. We will stick with our plan to have dinner in Latham.

I can ride at night, but prefer not to when there's the added possibility of dodging deer.

Sounds like split group dinner plans on Fri night, then. If we make it in it would likely be time for a Java and night cap in Latham.

Jim and I are meeting people in Latham that I know will not be able to ride half way on Friday night because of other plans. We will stick with our plan to have dinner in Latham.

I can ride at night, but prefer not to when there's the added possibility of dodging deer.
I can see just fine at night, even have some sparkly PIAA bulbs, but I've been wondering if it would be smart for me to ride back & forth to/from Pittsfield for dinner. If any of you much wiser and smarter folks have advice, I'll take it.

I can see just fine at night, even have some sparkly PIAA bulbs, but I've been wondering if it would be smart for me to ride back & forth to/from Pittsfield for dinner. If any of you much wiser and smarter folks have advice, I'll take it.
John,

ARe you riding with us on both Friday and Saturday? If just Saturday then you'll have a chance to dine with the group after the ride on Saturday.

John,

ARe you riding with us on both Friday and Saturday? If just Saturday then you'll have a chance to dine with the group after the ride on Saturday.
I get every other Friday off, and was lucky enough that this fell on my off-Friday, so I figured it was "a sign" and am planning on riding both days unless something comes up.

I guess I missed the chapter on Saturday dinner, so that'll work.

Ooh, I feel the luv!!! Geez, you feel the love, too?

I think that it's safe to say that it looks like we'll be remaining close to your Ponderosa.

I guess I missed the chapter on Saturday dinner, so that'll work.
There wasn't a chapter on Saturday's dinner, just me assuming that folks would stick around to socialize. :friends:

I guess I'd been interpreting the opposite, in that I figured folks would mostly be looking to get home after a long day riding.

What the heck, if I can ride home after dark on Sat. then I can ride home on Fri.

There is a Saturday dinner up at Bolten Landing.

I'll re-post Saturday's agenda and post a map too.

Ok....I think it's time for a preliminary head count.

Friday's Headcount (so far as I know) here's the list of peeps:

Geezer

Luvtoride

Nice Rumble

Jmarran

ZOOOMM

herfjr

MartyA and Sally

fjrjon

revlimitbounce

Saturday's headcount (so far)is as follows.......

Geezer

Luvtoride

Nice Rumble

Jmarran

ZOOOMM

herfjr

MartyA and Sally

yellowmagnaman

Mr. Bill

S76

Fred W

RacinRay

FJRski and Mrs.

Tim05fjr

and Cheryl

Conrad

ShawnKing & Mrs.

DailyCommuter

fjrjon

VanHarlan

revlimitbounce

FJrider1 ?

Greg E ?

Let me know if you have edits to this list, and I'll update......

If anyone wants to join up for the ride out from Worcester or join along the way? I have two plans:

1) Really boring slab - 2 hours, leave Worcester at 5

2) Really scenic SR122 to SR2 - 3 hours, hmm the diner is on SR2. Pretty hard to get lost going this way! Leave Worcester at 4