oil

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CatPleaseDontLetThisThreadDie.jpg
Amazing....prayer DOES work!!!

I've always wondered which oil to use...

...hopefully I'll finally get an answer on this thread.

Staying tuned. Subscribing to this Thread...click.
Since ya axed, here is the answer. Follow these guide lines and Yamaha can not refuse a claim for a destroyed engine just because of an oil failure. When was the last time you ever read anything about an engine failure solely due to an oil failure?

2003-2008 Yamalube 4 (20W40) or SAE20W40 Recommended engine oil grade: API service SE, SF, SG type or higher

2009-2011 Yamalube 4 (10W-40 or 20W-50, SAE 10W-40 or SAE 20W-50 Recommended engine oil grade: API Service SG type or higher, JASO standard MA The included temperature scale indicates from 10°F to 110°F use 10W-40 and from 50°F to 125° use 20W-50

Note that the temperature table in the 2011 manual is not correct.

Understand that the FJR engine from 2001 to 2012 is the same engine. What ever oil the owners manual specifies is both forward and backward compatible.

No oil supplier was named beyond Yamalube but the oil specification was. Meet this specification with ANY oil supplier and you are golden.

Thanks Alan. Now I know exactly which oil to use.

...10W-40 or 20W-50, SAE 10W-40 or SAE 20W-50 Recommended engine oil grade: API Service SG type or higher, JASO standard MA The included temperature scale indicates from 10°F to 110°F use 10W-40 and from 50°F to 125° use 20W-50

Last edited by a moderator:
Upon reviewing this thread, there just seems to be something missing..... I notice this after looking at Howie's completely excellent Hurt Feelings report....

We're missing.... the Wambulance!!!!

wambulance_logo.jpg

wambulance.gif

Whambulance.gif

waahmbulance.jpg

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

A GREAT big thumbs-up for the "Wambulance."

thumbs-up.jpg

However, may I suggest a slight edit to include someone who has become a Cultural Icon:

wambulance.jpg

Feel free to steal it and use it at your discretion. :rofl:

(that's what I did!)

I'm looking for the edited part of Howie's post, but I seem to have trouble finding anything other than boobs with thumbs. . . . .

Well maybe if "steve" learned how to set up his forum account, he'd have a clue when responses were made. But then.... if he had a clue, he'd not be asking about what oil to use. And that girl with the strawberry is a sloppy eater! And what's with the string on the strawberry? They don't grow them like that around here. :lol:

Besides, life is bumpy now and then.... and that's not always a bad thing.

5b8aib.jpg

Ah, the ubiquitous oil thread; almost always read it, rarely respond to it, but always interesting content. (just like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get) and then there's that eye-contact thing again................. :)

This is the first time I have been in " Never-Ending Pointless Recurring Threads". I had no idea how much fun you people were having over here!!

Better late than never!