Oregon RTE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked with the Best Western and there are 12 rooms left. You have to use my name (Ray Slocomb) to get the good rate and get one of the blocked rooms. Get your room early cause this is a small town.
Wow!! Talk aboot irony.. :blink:

I mentioned your name last week at the local livestock sales and got a special preview sale of the goats an sheep up for offer that day.

U are the man Ray! I bought 2 ewes and a goat that resembles McNamara, right down to it's half inch pecker..
I'm sure we don't need to know how you know about Mike's pecker and don't you have something better to do than muck up a thread that is about food and not about your love life of the lack of one. :eek:
Mike sends nudes to me sheep daily Ray.. I used to filter that shit personally as the uproar it caused was bothersome.. They no longer have interwebs access out back.

Hear ye, Hear ye; please acknowledge this Official Proclamation: Henceforth the Oregon RTE is to be known as The Bustanut Joker Traveling Clusterfuck, kindly accept no substitutes!

"The Bustanut Joker traveling clusterfuck is catchy.. I'm thinking of doing dog tags for this fiasco and that moniker seems appropriate.

So It's on your shoulders to give this shindig a name.

Added an extra day at the end of this so I could spend some time with my dads buddy in Phoenix."

Just checked with the Best Western and there are 12 rooms left. You have to use my name (Ray Slocomb) to get the good rate and get one of the blocked rooms. Get your room early cause this is a small town.
I just called the Best Western Newberry Station, and mentioned Ray and the RTE, no problemo, reservations made.

I just called the Best Western Newberry Station, and mentioned Ray and the RTE, no problemo, reservations made.
RPrice, thanks for the lodging informational feedback!

I called there too to check on rates, etc, and here's what they said: "Ray SLOCOMB!!?? If he shows his face around here again, I'll . . . "

Wait. Never mind. That was another place I called. At the hotel, they said they have a few rooms with queen beds, and 13 rooms with TWO queen beds, both at the same rate of $99. As a former student of arithmetic, I realized that sharing one of the doubles would save me about, well, quite a bit. So I didn't make a rez yet, but probably will soon for the night of the 15th, since we're timing our arrival for that morning from Sac.

After whatever that evening and once up and moving on the morning of the 16th, while others start heading out wherever, and the AZ-NM-MI bunch I'm coming up with starts their high-speed blast south, I figger do to some exploring around Ray's area, depending on what he and whoever has a suggestion comes up with. Anybody with time and interest would be welcome on that leg. I'm thinking I'll have my camp gear and probably use it some after the RTE.

So here's the question: Anybody want to double up on a room for the night of the 15th? I promise to snore as softly as I can (bring ear plugs). I don't have a room yet but will get one of the double queens by tomorrow whether I've heard from anyone or not, so there might be an extra bed available right up till show time. Let me know.

Mike sends nudes to me sheep daily Ray.. I used to filter that shit personally as the uproar it caused was bothersome.. They no longer have interwebs access out back.
You're the one interferin' with my first amendment rights!? Those sheep are of legal age damnit! The nappy lovers told me you were a jealous one, but I had no idea how far you'd go. And all because I'm bigger 'n you!

Pappy I wrote the same thing a couple hours ago and you didn't say nice things to me! :(

Hear ye, Hear ye; please acknowledge this Official Proclamation: Henceforth the Oregon RTE is to be known as The Bustanut Joker Traveling Clusterfuck, kindly accept no substitutes!

"The Bustanut Joker traveling clusterfuck is catchy.. I'm thinking of doing dog tags for this fiasco and that moniker seems appropriate.

Added an extra day at the end of this so I could spend some time with my dads buddy in Phoenix."

I was thinking of something less clusterish but I'll stay out of it. Not!!

2012 Run for a Reuben

Los Robustos approved

Pappy I wrote the same thing a couple hours ago and you didn't say nice things to me! :(
That's because I know for a fact RPrice has never had carnal knowledge of a stinky goat!

I was thinking of something less clusterish but I'll stay out of it. Not!!

2012 Run for a Reuben

Los Robustos approved
Well FJRay, you know that if you offered Bust a wet glove Vaseline hand job he will put anything on your dog tag that your heart desires!

. . . if y'all are leaving Sacto on Friday morning, and you plan on being in La Pine by noon on Saturday, there aren't that many options (roadwise) that'll get you there in time for lunch with Bigfoot Ray on Saturday. Running out and riding the north coast is a time-consuming thing, and it's hard to cover ground quickly up that way.

I'll let Sacramento Mike or one of these other locals help you make that call.
I am with you, I think we are biting off too much territory to cover by running out to the coast. Let's beeline it to La Pine.
It's just under 300 miles to Eureka, a trip I've taken a lot (my daughter lives there). That's six hours, and it includes TWN's famous highway 36. From there, up through Crescent City to Grants Pass is shown as 166 more miles via 101 and 199 (both fun, pretty roads), 3 hrs. 22 mins. A longish day, but real do-able with a fairly early start, with some coast and some great redwood sections. Plus I'm thinking we could beat those times by a little. :)

Google Maps says 3 hrs, 12 mins. from Grants Pass (if we stop there) to LaPine, 160 miles. A leisurely departure before 9 gets us there by noon Saturday easy.

You could definitely make it faster by jamming up I-5 if you want, but I'd hate to have you ride by all the good stuff. Up to you, though. I'll still let you sleep on my floor.

(Edit for p.s., if some of you want to take straight, flat, ugly I-5 from here, and anybody else wants to ride fun, twisty, hilly 36-101-199, I'll still be glad to lead that leg, departing early 9/14, Friday morning.)

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . if y'all are leaving Sacto on Friday morning, and you plan on being in La Pine by noon on Saturday, there aren't that many options (roadwise) that'll get you there in time for lunch with Bigfoot Ray on Saturday. Running out and riding the north coast is a time-consuming thing, and it's hard to cover ground quickly up that way.

I'll let Sacramento Mike or one of these other locals help you make that call.
I am with you, I think we are biting off too much territory to cover by running out to the coast. Let's beeline it to La Pine.
It's just under 300 miles to Eureka, a trip I've taken a lot (my daughter lives there). That's six hours, and it includes TWN's famous highway 36. From there, up through Crescent City to Grants Pass is shown as 166 more miles via 101 and 199 (both fun, pretty roads), 3 hrs. 22 mins. A longish day, but real do-able with a fairly early start, with some coast and some great redwood sections. Plus I'm thinking we could beat those times by a little. :)

Google Maps says 3 hrs, 12 mins. from Grants Pass (if we stop there) to LaPine, 160 miles. A leisurely departure before 9 gets us there by noon Saturday easy.

You could definitely make it faster by jamming up I-5 if you want, but I'd hate to have you ride by all the good stuff. Up to you, though. I'll still let you sleep on my floor.

(Edit for p.s., if some of you want to take straight, flat, ugly I-5 from here, and anybody else wants to ride fun, twisty, hilly 36-101-199, I'll still be glad to lead that leg, departing early 9/14, Friday morning.)
Hey Guys, let's get some input on this proposal. 9.5 hours and 450 miles on SacMike's route, but bear in mind Bust has been having back problems lately.

However, if the main Oregon RTE group wants to continue on to Eureka with SacMike I'll accompany Barry on to Grants Pass; for sexual favors, of course!

https://www.hotels.com/search.do?destination=Grant%27s+Pass%2C+Oregon+United+States&searchParams.arrivalDate=09%2F14%2F2012&searchParams.departureDate=09%2F15%2F2012&rooms=1&searchParams.rooms%5B0%5D.numberOfAdults=2&children%5B0%5D=0&asaReport=HomePage%3A%3ANoSuggest&destinationId=&searchParams.landmark=&hotelId=&searchParams.resolvedLocation=destination%3A1503407%3AEXACT_RED%3AHIGH Here's a list of Grants Pass Hotels! $59 for TravelLodge and $77 for Shilo Inn. La Quinta & Comfort Inn are $94.

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU'RE ATTENDING AND ARE NOT ON THE LIST BELOW-GIVE ME A SHOUT AND I'LL ADD YOU ASAP! Current Attendance Roster for Oregon Ride to Eat in September! List as of 7/2:

IN LIKE FLYNN:

Longrider

dcarver

Fairlaner

huchieglide

puppychow

Tucson Joe

Fly Bye

wingshot

GalaxyBlue

Bugnatr

NightShine

Dr. Rich

SacramentoMike

RPrice

Bustanut joker

FJRay

escapefjrtist

alchemy

Old Michael

BeemerDonS

rogdeb

Panman

Niehart

Tyler

FarWestFastEddie

AuburnFJR

blufjr

n20sx

Kph

Dudewado

ShinyPartsUp and Kat

VStromDewey

HotRodZilla

barb

Still fecking around list:

juniorfjr

Bokerfork

SkooterG

BikerGeek99

RenoJohn

Big-D

Put me down for this one. :yahoo:

That's because I know for a fact RPrice has never had carnal knowledge of a stinky goat!
That's right, never!

I thought they were all sleeping in your barn with the goats. :huh:

Just checked with the Best Western and there are 12 rooms left.
Wheatie, I'd appreciate it if you'd not paint us all with the same brush. As it is, Ray's Rabid Reuben Riot is gonna leave scars that'll never heal.

9.5 hours and 450 miles on SacMike's route, but bear in mind Bust has been having back problems lately.

However, if the main Oregon RTE group wants to continue on to Eureka with SacMike I'll accompany Barry on to Grants Pass; for sexual favors, of course!
Who knows how the back will feel 10 weeks from now? (For that matter, who knows how MY back will be feeling?) Things come and go. Barry can make that call when it's a lot closer. I'm just saying it's a long way to come for just the sandwich. There's lots to see on the way, if folks want to push some to see more of it. We don't really have to decide now.

Just checked with the Best Western and there are 12 rooms left.
Wheatie, I'd appreciate it if you'd not paint us all with the same brush. As it is, Ray's Rabid Reuben Riot is gonna leave scars that'll never heal.
Yeah Wheatie, word is Sir Michael prefers larger, more challenging partners like female homo sapiens. Big cajones on that one. Personally I don't see the attraction, but to each their own.

OK room booked for sat night!

Let's talk Sunday, may I suggest a sweet paved forest road below Doris Ca from hwy 97 to ca 89. From there we could motor down the high country as it is too damn hot in Sept to ride anywhere else. I can get you guys as far south as you want to ride in a day. Reno or Carson City is good and would be a cheaper place to stay than small towns plus it's a week before Butt Vibrations.

We could ride through Lassen Nat park but that is a slow ride, plenty of options to make better time and stay above the real heat.

AJ, I'll wear my Toas shirt and ride with you as long as you bring the get out of Jail Free Card :lol: