Our Son Andy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned previous, you guys are still in our prayers and hope the good progress continues. PM. <>< :good:

you guys have had so many trails and tribulations...

but, your faith and love seem to carry you thru...

happy to read the improvements in andy...

dana

Hey All, Update time.At long last !!!!!!!!! been the longest 28 days of our lives -- some good news. :)

Breathing tubes removed for 2nd time 36 hours ago, and so far all is well. He's managed a few whispers but we communicate mostly by nods of the head and facial expressions. He made it over the hump, but the illness has left him with an irregular heartbeat and very high heart rate which is now being treated. He's indicated he's "going home now" and is irritated cause that won't be happening for a while. Doesn't matter to me if he's in there another month, as long as the outcome is good. His memory? - that's another thing. Some he remembers, some not, and that's just the previous 24 hours. Last thing he really remembers is throwing up at home -- 28 days ago. He does have memories of being in Central America though (although he's never been there) and tossing grenades at nurses who were performing tests on him --- extremely good drugs huh? :)

We're lucky -- his admitting doctor told us he's amazed that Andy is alive !!

Things are looking up .. gotta thank you all for your good thoughts, prayers and best wishes, they really helped. Now a quick snack before we return for visiting.

Rog n Debs
Better news at last! wish him well from us in England. Graham & Sue.

I just read this for the first time. You definitely are in my prayers! Prayer works....obviously eh? God is good and will turn this around. Look to Him for strength. He will never leave you!

Catching up on what I've missed over the last few weeks, and came across your post RogDeb. Wow! You guys have been through the mill, with all that's happened.

Glad to hear that Andy's on the mend. What's the latest?

The memory loss is completely normal, given what's happened to him. During the time he was intubated, part of his sedation protocol will likely have included a benzodiazepene like Versed or Ativan. These drugs have amnestic properties.

Your family are in my prayers. If you need explanation of any of the medical 'stuff', drop me a line. I can't promise to know the answer, but this is what they pay me to do all day.

Jill

RogDeb, I just found this thread. Terrible thing to happen. Maybe I should be happy i didn't find this thread until the news was good. I'm really hoping that Andy keeps improving and that they get a handle on his heart.

RogDeb, Hope and pray all is still going in your direction with your son. Stay strong and may God bless all of you. Steve

Things are good guys -- more thanks for your support :)

Andy was discharged March 31st and would have been headed to a nursing home, instead was sent home as long as we could guarantee 24/7 care. That's where his wife, Deb, me and his Mom (came down from CA/OR border) are involved - a relay of care. He has a nurse and phys. therapist who will be there 3 times a week also. He cannot walk too well yet so a walker and wheelchair are his help. He knows how lucky he is and has promised to be a better person :rolleyes: :lol:

I printed out this topic for him to read - he's amazed at the number of good people who wished him well, and thanks you all.

So ---- bit more hard work -- and it's all good from now on.

Maybe we can even manage a short ride one day :yahoo:

Things are good guys -- more thanks for your support :) Andy was discharged March 31st and would have been headed to a nursing home, instead was sent home as long as we could guarantee 24/7 care. That's where his wife, Deb, me and his Mom (came down from CA/OR border) are involved - a relay of care. He has a nurse and phys. therapist who will be there 3 times a week also. He cannot walk too well yet so a walker and wheelchair are his help. He knows how lucky he is and has promised to be a better person :rolleyes: :lol:

I printed out this topic for him to read - he's amazed at the number of good people who wished him well, and thanks you all.

Wonderful news. I have been looking in to see whether there were updates. Glad to hear that things are better. Andy is lucky to have such a loving, caring family. Get well soon lad from Graham & Sue in Manchester UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are good guys -- more thanks for your support :) Andy was discharged March 31st and would have been headed to a nursing home, instead was sent home as long as we could guarantee 24/7 care. That's where his wife, Deb, me and his Mom (came down from CA/OR border) are involved - a relay of care. He has a nurse and phys. therapist who will be there 3 times a week also. He cannot walk too well yet so a walker and wheelchair are his help. He knows how lucky he is and has promised to be a better person :rolleyes: :lol:

Roger you come up near the Oregon Border and I guarantee I'll find the time for a ride with you.

Great news indeed! Prayers do work and hope your son's recovery is through and speedy. Take care, PM and family. <>< :yahoo:

Andy was discharged March 31st and would have been headed to a nursing home, instead was sent home as long as we could guarantee 24/7 care.
You guys are the best! Family care at home beats a nursing home, hands down, any day. After Andy's (DH) accident it was expected that he would go to a SNF (Skilled Nursing Facility) but we managed to avoid it. Those kinda places are well intentioned, but the only ones I've ever seen are sad, lonely places staffed by a transient group of overworked, non-English speaking immigrants on minimum wage. The smell as you walk in tells what kind of place it is.

Hope your Andy continues to makes progress. I'm sure he appreciates the first class care he is getting.

Jill