Possible stator woes!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ripple seems to play a role in this also.
Hate to point out the obvious, but how could a perfectly good beverage have anything to do with an electrical problem? (unless you spill, then you deserve whatever you get!)

Good luck WC - at least you're not dealing with the Prince of Darkness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the faith bro. I'm sencing voltage regulator problem. Get that puppy out and slap a new one in. And keep prayin. Blessings, PM. <>< ;)

I'm sensing voltage regulator problem. Get that puppy out and slap a new one in.
Only problem with that is you don't know what caused it to fail... Maybe it was just normal mortality, or maybe it was caused by the new stator... you may slap a new one in only to have it go tits up shortly thereafter if the culprit is the new stator.... :huh:

Only problem with that is you don't know what caused it to fail... Maybe it was just normal mortality, or maybe it was caused by the new stator... you may slap a new one in only to have it go tits up shortly thereafter if the culprit is the new stator.... :huh:

Electrical is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure to check out the stator is a simple test. If it checks out, then the check on the regulator is the next step. If the regulator is on the whack, get rid of that sucker. I've had some regulators play with my mind causing me to have fits at night as which our benevolent dictator has experienced. Regulators usually work or they don't. But some have had one tit up and one tit down...causing much confusion. PM. <>< :eek:

Jeez. Just put black tape over your eyes and ride on.

Typical sarcastic female answer, there, mark. Let me quess....you are married.

Apparently I am the only one on the forum that is going to chase your "female" side....lolol

I'm sensing voltage regulator problem. Get that puppy out and slap a new one in.

Pre-06' RR, rated 35A (420w)

New stator rated 49A (590w)

06' RR, Rated 50A (600w)

Typical sarcastic female answer, there, mark. Let me quess....you are married.
Would Odot be what you would call a "Troll"?

His posts are almost always Your Gay or in some way call the poster's sexuality into question.

Regarding the stator, has anyone called the mfg. for comments?

I bought one, but have yet to install it.

I am the king of trolldom. My legacy expands the nether regions of uranus to the vast poppy seeds of idiocy. (or shall I say hops and barley seeds). My minions are the knights who say "NI!!!". NI! NI!

"We are no longer the knights who say...ni! We are noooow the knights who say iki iki iki vakang zoopoing dow" :p

Electrical is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure to check out the stator is a simple test. If it checks out, then the check on the regulator is the next step. If the regulator is on the whack, get rid of that sucker. I've had some regulators play with my mind causing me to have fits at night as which our benevolent dictator has experienced. Regulators usually work or they don't. But some have had one tit up and one tit down...causing much confusion. PM. <>< :eek:
Point taken -- electrical can baffle many. But, it's all understandable and check-able (by some). iirc, WC also replaced the battety with a non-oem model about the same time as the stator install. Until resolved, all components in the system are suspect.... To throw parts at the problem is called, in the biz, the "easter egg" method of troubleshooting. :unsure:

To throw parts at the problem is called, in the biz, the "easter egg" method of troubleshooting.
What biz would that be? In electronics it is known as "shotgun troubleshooting" -- real man work term unlike the :limpwristgaysmilie: "easter egg" method. :lol: Ya don't have to be good if you use enough power and dove shot.

Is there any possibility that adding another RR in parallel would increase the regulation capacity?

I agree with Rogue's findings that it looks as if the present RR is undersized for the new stator's output.

If having two regulators in parallel won't work, I'll still replace my stock RR (this winter, when/if I install the new stator) & relocate it to the rear somewhere in the airstream.

I hope to get an answer/opinion about doubling up on the RR.

dobias :glare:

I fart in your general direction; now get back to the post topic, will ya? Warchild, save us, and report on your findings. (Hopefully not stranded with a dead battery somewhere.)

Status
Not open for further replies.