Quiet Forum These Days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With some of the people who were the heart and soul of this place gone, permanently, the reason to pop in and see what's going on is much diminished.
No offense to the newer posters, but, those presences can not be reproduced, or replaced.

le sigh
Hubba Hubba JSNS

Glad to see you posting again, Bustanut! Long time, no....umm....chuckle.
You are top of the list of the old guard! No matter what the admins say

smile.png

He's also top of the list for a colon transplant.

Donors are heard to find though.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SacramentoMike" data-cid="1382220" data-time="1509178582"><p>Donors are heard to find though.</p></blockquote>

What? There used to be an abundance of assholes around here. One would think there'd be an extra one or 12 laying around for Bust...

wink.png

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="SacramentoMike" data-cid="1382220" data-time="1509178582"><p>Donors are heard to find though.</p></blockquote>

What? There used to be an abundance of assholes around here. One would think there'd be an extra one or 12 laying around for Bust...

wink.png
Who would think that we'd have to explain that size matters to Barb, huh Mike?

Barb: It'd have to be a very, very large asshole, . . . believe me. And this is the internet - just because someone reports a large anatomical part asshole doesn't necessarily make it so in the real world.
Cranial sized rectum? (Rectum? Damn near killed em)

I hear sheep colons can be quite large.

And ... things are back to normal.
Sigh.....

Finally! Drival of sufficient magnitude to bring the best forward!

JSNS and https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

Hugs n' Kisses
Paging OM to the white courtesy phone.......
to_become_senile.gif

Quiet Forum?? YOU WANT ME TO YELL?? It's good to see a couple of the old class clowns chiming in. I remember, back in the day, when I would sit here with tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Like Mem, I would get on, just to make sure I wasn't missing something good. Then, of course, all things change, but I have an opinion about that. Big surprise. However, if you have easily hurt feelings, you should stop reading now!

Remember, we had a couple fights about joking too much, off-topic thread drifting, and some other cry-baby bullshit I don't really remember. Then, after we were all deemed somewhat socially acceptable, we got inundated with many new members who were nothing but a bunch of whining thin-skinned pussies and hurt-butt candy-asses. Those changes even embolded some of the older members who fell within that description. Of course, not all were/are like that, but they're lurking. If you're reading this and you feel the need to explain why you're not that person, because your sensibilities are hurt, guess what!! It used to be super fun around here, and now it just is. There are things I still enjoy, but not like a few years ago. Hell, in 'Jokes and Fun Stuff,' the only updated thread is the 'Wildcard Moto-Tag Game." I used to go there for my daily dose of full-on irreverent laughs, and now, it's just stale. The death of a couple of those pushing the irreverent envelope hasn't helped either.

The other issue is the technical side. We used to have some awesome discussions about real issues that really needed fixed. Now, it's lots of new people bitching about things that aren't really problems. My favorite are the ones that ask for advice and then bitch about the advice because they know more than we think. Really?? Then why in the **** did you ask?!?!

It's not like it used to be, but as things change, I guess we have to also. I still come here lot, just to see what's up if anything fun is going on. Though, now, there are areas I skip all-together. Like 'Ride Reports.' Those used to be fun. Now they are a contest to see who can write the most existential bullshit about how the fading blue of the cloudy sky reminded them of their 4 hours in the birth canal and how delicate we are. OMFG, give me a break! I love my friends, and miss some. Barry, Marty, Bob and Don come to mind. I also just want to keep in touch with the ones still here. I'm amazed at how many faces I know and how many places I can go where I know someone. Shit, Richouse will be here on Tuesday, on his way through, and we're going to ride. In all my life, I would never have a reason to meet him, but we'll be hanging out on Tuesday! If you ask me, technical stuff and the friendships we make are the two biggest advantages of this place. There has to be fun mixed in there somewhere, or the second thing doesn't happen.

Honestly, I've REALLY been thinking of selling my FJR. I could use that money to buy dirt bikes for my girls. I've been riding the shit out of my KTM, and FJR trips usually mean I've left everyone at home. If we all had dirt bikes, we could be out most weekends together. Maybe, we'll see. Either way, I'm betting I'd still come around, just to see who is up to what, but I'll still skip some sections, and Ill still miss the long gone daily updates to the really fun threads. Simply put, It is what it is.

I have the best, smartest, twin...

Thanks HRZ for taking the time and sticking your ass out there by writing that

What made this place special is gone; died, moved on or regulated out.

Nothing is left but a shell chock full of Mad TV Stuart's

I admit I am generalizing, there are exceptions, as always, but...

I miss the old days, I miss the feeling of connection to special folks

The one thing that remains, for me, personally is, "you really do meet the nicest people riding an FJR"

But I dont meet them here anymore, just cherish the ones that stay in touch

Good times, there were many many. Happy memories abound. For that alone, I will always be grateful to have been a member here

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been here since we all came over from the Yellow Board, but now I'm fully retired, riding more and posting much less. Iggy did drop by this Summer - and brought his lovely lady friend and a beautiful CanvasBack red with him.

We got to see quite a few of the old guard when we did our South by Southeast tour in April/May - but several of them are persona non grata here now sadly.

I hear there are gonna be more than a few of the FJR Forum mossbacks at a certain rally in Nakusp BC next June - JS&NS. Y'all come up and see us now!

I have the best, smartest, twin...Thanks HRZ for taking the time and sticking your ass out there by writing that

What made this place special is gone; died, moved on or regulated out.

Nothing is left but a shell chock full of Mad TV Stuart's

I admit I am generalizing, there are exceptions, as always, but...

I miss the old days, I miss the feeling of connection to special folks

The one thing that remains, for me, personally is, "you really do meet the nicest people riding an FJR"

But I dont meet them here anymore, just cherish the ones that stay in touch

Good times, there were many many. Happy memories abound. For that alone, I will always be grateful to have been a member here
The first post of mine that Barb ever responded to was when I asked about sliders. Then, after like two responses, I went ahead and bought the one's I was looking at anyway. I posted that up, and Barb responded, "Is it Friday yet?" AllI could think, was, "How was that helpful, smartass?" Then I learned what 'Dog Pile Friday' was, and realized what I had done. I was lucky she was snarky instead of full-on letting me know I was a dumbass. My thought was, "This chick makes me laugh," and she has ever since. From what I see now, her response and my thought process would lead to an entire drift about how the response was hurtful and we should be more aware of whatever people's whiny-assed sissy-boy feelings dictate. Honestly, **** that!! My God people, grow a pair, let the stoggyness go, and have fun. Send out some jabs, and fully expect some jabs to get thrown back. Shit, there's pictures floating around here of me photoshopped into a stunning brown dress. I KNOW that was you OM. I'll get you some day!

It was a few years later that Barb and I found out we are twins, and she is definitely the prettier one. We talk, every birthday and it's one of the things I genuinely look forward to.

What I've noticed is this: The keyboard ninjas that never show their faces at a gathering have a tendency to be a problem. They have no feared repercussions because they never meet the people they are jerks to on the Internet. Those that make gatherings, even one every couple years, are the ones who's opinions matter. Hell, I can talk all the smack I want, but when I show up at EOM, SWFOG, or some other place, I should expect someone may call me out.

Hell, guys and girls, LAUGH! This cannot be serious, this isn't life. Life is sitting 18 inches from me, and comes with its own problems. When I was here, laughing my ass off at Howie berating Don, serious life crap took a back seat. Honestly, it's not that far away. Dorks!

(snip)
Honestly, I've REALLY been thinking of selling my FJR. I could use that money to buy dirt bikes for my girls. I've been riding the shit out of my KTM, and FJR trips usually mean I've left everyone at home. If we all had dirt bikes, we could be out most weekends together. Maybe, we'll see. Either way, I'm betting I'd still come around, just to see who is up to what, but I'll still skip some sections, and Ill still miss the long gone daily updates to the really fun threads. Simply put, It is what it is.
I hesitate to say this because if you sell your FJR then I will probably not see you again at some rally somewhere. However, you know how fast those girls are growing up and it won't be long before you start talking about weddings followed by grandchildren. You will be very happy if you get those dirt bikes for the girls and spend as much time as possible with them now while you still can.

Not many years ago all three of my girls had their own motorcycles and we rode together often. Now they all have kids of their own and none of them own a motorcycle. I have a spare motorcycle that we use on the rare occasion that one of them has a chance to ride with me.

What I've noticed is this: The keyboard ninjas that never show their faces at a gathering have a tendency to be a problem. They have no feared repercussions because they never meet the people they are jerks to on the Internet. Those that make gatherings, even one every couple years, are the ones who's opinions matter. Hell, I can talk all the smack I want, but when I show up at EOM, SWFOG, or some other place, I should expect someone may call me out.
I just got back home from SFO. There were some really nice people there. 'Zilla, they would have been happy to see you. Some of them couldn't respond to this thread if they wanted to. JSNS

AJ, your old pos 07 ain't worth shit. Keep it so every once in a while we can see Carrie.

Even though my 04 is long gone I hang out here for the peeps. My wife and I feel many of the best people we have met in the last 12 years have been through the FJR. Perhaps the new admin (I saw the position was up grabs?) will lighten up a bit and we can all sing campfire songs again like Old Michael does.

I joined this Forum BECAUSE every thread would eventually slide off into bestiality or a photo of Salma Hayek or some other juvenile crudity ... but the foundation was tecnical discussions or stories of far-off places explored with friends that were respected for their knowledge, their riding ability, or both.

Would I have ever done an SS1K without this Forum? Probably not. But now I have done several, ridden to Colorado and San Diego and three times to West Virginia and a half dozen towns named Atlanta, and just got back from a cold and rainy weekend, laughing and enjoying friends Id never have met otherwise.

God willing, next summer Ill ride to Niagara and Mackinac and another half-dozen Atlantas, and ITS ALL BECAUSE OF THIS PLACE.

Hell, Id probably still be putt-putting around on a V-twin in a leather vest if it wasnt for folks I met here and then rode a couple hundred miles to shake their hand.

See you at Reuben Run 2018!

Fucking iPhone wont post apostophes.

Zilla! I nominate your posts 67 & 71 for the posts of the year. They are spot on. Somebody had to say it. Kudos. Most of the refugees of which you speak slid over to FB and we laugh all day and fix each others mechanical problems too. (My personal Shout Out to Brodie) for getting my bike to the EOM this year. I do miss this place but, it stopped being fun. When that happens, its time to move on. I still do lurk once in a while. Im not completely gone. :)