REVISED POLL - How old are you

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you been LEGALLY riding on the road?

• Under 1 year

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 2-5 years

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • 6-10 years

• 11-15 years

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 21-25 years

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • 26-30 years

• 31-35 years

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • 36-40 years (wow)

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • 41 or more ?

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters
Man it's not looking good. 4 more years and i start to drop off. :huh:

I better get some more ridin in. SEE YA! :p

There's a missing gap in the riding time - below 2 years, longer than 1 year.
I'm 24. When I'm 25, hopefully my insurance premiums will go down...

EDIT: Who's the other guy that clicked 20-25?

EDIT: Who's the other guy that clicked 20-25?
Me.

...EDIT: Who's the other guy that clicked 20-25?
That'd be me. B)

I'm 24. 'bought the FJR last year in April, I was 23 then. Been riding since August 07.

Who knew I bought a geezer bike.... :lol:
Sounds like I got you all beat, scraping the barrel on the bottom side at 22.

jbeeb31 - Excellent poll now, great job. Now could you break it down by sex and ...... JK.

I'm still in the middle of the 41-55 year old riders but on the high end of years of experience. Great demogrphics thanks for taking the time.

Ride safe.

Now get off my lawn.
Fabulous, Tenchi! You're wise beyond your years. Hell, you're wise beyond mine.

I'm pushin' 46. Been legal since '85(?) but took about 9 years off. Did a summer or two of semi-legal riding before that but not enough to dent the odometer. I have about 110K under me now on the Feej and the Viffer (keep milkin' that VFR!). Wish I had more time and season to ride.

What a nice ride down Memory Lane!

years riding - 34

years legal - 0

miles put on fjr in the last 10 months - 14,354

miles put on xt600 in the dirt last summer - ~4500

Maybe someday I'll learn to ride. :blink:

Help, I don't know what I should put in the vote. I'm 45 this week but next week I turn 46. So what should I do - try to hang on to my youthfulness for one more week or go ahead and admit I've moved up into the old fart territory on the polls. I'm so confused, this must be a sign of old age setting in!

In Villa Park, east of Orange in the Santa Ana mountains, there was a stretch of road that had been marked out for 1,320 feet for our weekend nights drag racing ala "American Graffiti". I first got beat by just two feet by a Royal Enfield 750 Interceptor; just like our FJRay of LaPine, Oregon still owns. I got my clock cleaned by a friend's brand new 1969 Mach III.
My buddy, after kicking my ass, swapped bikes with me. What a freaking eye opener when that two stroker got on the pipe!
Which road? I wanna know!!

I'm in Villa Park every day delivering/pickup daughter from school ~!
Hal, It was Santiago Canyon Road at Holy Sepulcher Catholic Cemetery. Back in the sixties it was just the graveyard on the east side of the road and an orange grove on the west. We OC street bike racers would laugh that if we crashed at midnight, the Priest could toss our bodies over the fence and have us buried by 9am. Live Forever When You Are Young!

55, been riding legally 40 years since 15.5. 1st bike was a 100cc Kawi TrailBoss 2 cycle with 10 speeds (had a low range gear box) That thing would climb a tree if it had traction, top speed in low 1st gear was like 3.5 mph...at redline. Damn thing fouled plugs on the street with a top speed of about 65 in high 5th gear...put 25K on it in 9 months...I used to ride it up steep trails I was too scared to ride down. Made for interesting adventures on other peoples property...young hooligan that I was, I always carried a spare plug and wire cutters...

Last edited by a moderator:
***UPDATED 3-19-09Ok, after reading many of your requests for more accurate data, I've revamped the poll.

Because the forum only allows you vote once, I started a new one here to achieve the more accurate results.

I left my original question so the results will remain, and two new questions here.

I humbly rescind my initial claim to being the youngest FJR owner at time of purchase to all of you sub-30 somethings... :mellow:

I'm impressed by the vast expanse of both age and riding experience here.
58 now, got my MC license in '67 or '68; rode Bridgestones and Suzukis (X-6s). Hung it up for 25 years in the early '70s to raise a family. Started up again in '96 with a used XS650 and haven't looked back. FJR is one of four bikes I currently have on the road (2 others down for rebuild) and enjoy the hell out of all of them. Been down, been scared, been hurt, but I can't imagine giving it up again.

In Villa Park, east of Orange in the Santa Ana mountains, there was a stretch of road that had been marked out for 1,320 feet for our weekend nights drag racing ala "American Graffiti". I first got beat by just two feet by a Royal Enfield 750 Interceptor; just like our FJRay of LaPine, Oregon still owns. I got my clock cleaned by a friend's brand new 1969 Mach III.
My buddy, after kicking my ass, swapped bikes with me. What a freaking eye opener when that two stroker got on the pipe!
Which road? I wanna know!!

I'm in Villa Park every day delivering/pickup daughter from school ~!
Hal, It was Santiago Canyon Road at Holy Sepulcher Catholic Cemetery. Back in the sixties it was just the graveyard on the east side of the road and an orange grove on the west. We OC street bike racers would laugh that if we crashed at midnight, the Priest could toss our bodies over the fence and have us buried by 9am. Live Forever When You Are Young!
Hey you guys that's my hood! Know the area well. It's changed a lot. ;)
There are some nice roads around there, not very long but twisty and fun.

I'm 61 and have been riding for 48 years. That's funny, it doesn't seem like that long. Oh well, I probably just forgot.
Yeah, Bill! Remember the old saying, "Memory is the second thing to go....I don't remember what the first is..." :unsure: