REVISED POLL - How old are you

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you been LEGALLY riding on the road?

• Under 1 year

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 2-5 years

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • 6-10 years

• 11-15 years

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • 16-20 years

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • 21-25 years

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • 26-30 years

• 31-35 years

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • 36-40 years (wow)

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • 41 or more ?

Votes: 16 14.2%

• Total voters
A lady doesn't state her age, of course, but I am one of the younger members of the forum.

I've been riding since I was about eight years old, on a bike that my Dad built for my brother and I to learn on. Took to the road at 5am on the morning of my 16th birthday with the ink still wet on my license, and Dad riding a safe distance behind me, on his bike. Met a guy with a bike a couple of years later, and did a lot of riding together. Married, car, kids, mortgage, no bikes for many years.

Kids grew up and we both got bikes again, about ten years ago. Kept upgrading to something better until I finally found the FJR. Then we moved into off-roading, which is one of the few things that the FJR does not excel at. Hope to be riding for many more years to come.

...I am one of the younger members of the forum.
Jill, with all due respect, that's not saying much.

Holy hell, even SacramentoMike is "one of the younger members" of THIS friggin' forum, and he's Niehart's age, fercryinoutloud.

(Most of these fellows have 30 years on you.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 62 and have been riding for 46 years, 48 years if you count the 2 years I rode illegally from age 14-16. On the street I live there are 5 other riders, 4 of which are younger than me. They all ride HDs and have been riding less than 10 years each.