Ride plans for EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's too bad.. Damascus is a wonderful "launch to ride" spot.

Holy crap! So many routes... so little time. These routes look awesome! The twisty blast... backroad heaven right there! Lee, how did you find these roads? I think that I may be inclined to do that route. I'd also consider the one that you emailed me. That looks like so much fun!

I'm taking Monday off. I haven't decided if it'll be a day of rest (already home) or a day to finish my ride home because I twisted Sunday away.

My route plans are "head south, by hook or by crook".

I am going to yoink part of the north east corner of the Twisty Blast route for my trip to WV/VA/TN in a few weeks. Hey, somebody has to pre-run them. I'm good that way.

My plan was to leave Annapolis area Thur. and arrive Fri. afternoon/evening; BUT after looking at the event itinerary and getting caught up in all the excitement I might leave work early Wed. and head south! Perhaps overnight near Lynchburg or Roanoke VA

Nikk, (EOM noob)

Nikk, keep me up on your plans. That's not terribly far from where I plan to plant myself for the eve... it'd be fun to have some folks to ride south with (taking the fun way) on Thursday. Have you ever been down through Shady Valley (The Snake)? That's where I'm thinking about heading.

The Snake? That looks like a nice not to out of the way detour going from CFO to EOM.
I think the Snake is a better ride than the Dragon. But Rte 16 between Marion and Tazwell is better than both combined - it's now called back of the dragon or hump of the dragon or some such.

Nikk, keep me up on your plans. That's not terribly far from where I plan to plant myself for the eve... it'd be fun to have some folks to ride south with (taking the fun way) on Thursday. Have you ever been down through Shady Valley (The Snake)? That's where I'm thinking about heading.
Yup, I'll post my plans here as they develop; and yes I've ridden that area some. Rt. 16 between Tazewell TN and Marion VA is also a crazy fun ride

Agreed... 16 is an awesome ride. Unfortunately, won't be riding it this trip.

I've been riding all these years with the XS1100 bunch so this will be my first FJR meet, though I've been riding the FJR two years now. Last year I was at Ironhorse Inn for XSsouth. This year I'm looking forward to meeting the FJR riders.

I, too, may change my plans to leave Wed nite. Typically, after 1900 since I-66 crawls til then. I plan to overnight in Lexington VA where my son attends VMI. Its about a 3 hour ride and a good place to stop, for me. Thu I plan to superslab to vicinity of MV. Of course I can modify these plans if I meet up with others.

I'm feeling pretty confident about a Wed. (18th) departure; likely to end up at the:

Watstull Inn, Buchanan, VA

or

Some Chain Hotel, Bedford, VA

Nik

1. Wander around getting there.

2. Wander around while there.

3. Wander around getting back from there.