RIDE to Borrego Springs - 12/20

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa Fe Dreamin'

Reaction score
[SIZE=36pt]THIS RIDE IS CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

If it hasn’t become intuitive obvious to all, I need to cancel this ride.

From the reports I am getting from CALTRAN, the road conditions in the East Mountains are “…unsafe at best…” for two wheels and getting worse.

Typically, it takes them the better part of a week to clean up the “crap” covering the roads after one really good rain. But with what we are witnessing and with the possibility of more later this week/weekend, I’m postponing this ride until Jan. 17th. I will start a new post the 1st of January. [SIZE=14pt][/size][/SIZE]

We just don’t get out enough! And, with the weather turning a bit on the chilly side, I was thinking about “A Ride To The WARM” – a ride to Borrego Springs.

Let’s meet at “our spot” in the Escondido area – the Starbucks in the Shell station strip center at the NW corner of Hwy 15 and Via Rancho Pkwy.

Saturday, 12/20 KSU 9:30 AM

So far we have:

[SIZE=14pt]Will Bes:[/SIZE]

Santa Fe Dreamin

fairlaner

FJRPilot

KevinPutz

FJRBluesman

MCRide "...can we do Mesa Grande as well?"
One of my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordylad

Tonyrob (with a pink bike?)

Skuehl

Slappy

Ynotride

[SIZE=14pt]Poss-a-Will Bes: [/SIZE]

Jorstin

Malve

fjrpat

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
We just don’t get out enough! And, with the weather turning a bit on the chilly side, I was thinking about “A Ride To The WARM” – a ride to Borrego Springs.
Let’s meet at “our spot” in the Escondido area – the Starbucks in the Shell station strip center at the NW corner of Hwy 15 and Via Rancho Pkwy.

[SIZE=14pt]Saturday, 12/20 KSU 9:30 AM[/SIZE]

Who’s interested?

:yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:
Nice date you picked there. My birfday. Enjoy the ride.

[SIZE=14pt]Saturday, 12/20 KSU 9:30 AM[/SIZE]

Who’s interested?

Nice date you picked there. My birfday. Enjoy the ride.
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come join us for the ride.

Unfortunately, I won't be ale to make this one either. The rest of the month is pretty much spent for me. (I'll be on Palomar Mountain chasing bambi - wave as you go by) Enjoy, and safe ride for everyone!

I live in the Palm Desert area and it is raining and in the forties presently. The forcast for Saturday is a high of 59 and sunny. Best of ludk to you all for warm weather. I would join you but I left my FJR in Salem, Oregon this winter.

Jer

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt]THIS RIDE IS CANCELED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

If it hasn’t become intuitive obvious to all, I need to cancel this ride.

From the reports I am getting from CALTRAN, the road conditions in the East Mountains are “…unsafe at best…” for two wheels and getting worse.

Typically, it takes them the better part of a week to clean up the “crap” covering the roads after one really good rain. But with what we are witnessing and with the possibility of more later this week/weekend, I’m postponing this ride until Jan. 17th. I will start a new post the 1st of January.