"San Diego ride"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I write this. 4:55pm Thursday, it's raining heavily here in OC with thunder and lightning.

So much for 20% chance of rain!

Mmmmmmm I gotta tell you boys, if it's like this Saturday morning, I'm doubtful. :Snorkle:

As I write this. 4:55pm Thursday, it's raining heavily here in OC with thunder and lightning. So much for 20% chance of rain!

Mmmmmmm I gotta tell you boys, if it's like this Saturday morning, I'm doubtful. :Snorkle:
Been watching the news.

We're having flash floods around the area we'll be riding and OC. Lightning is all over the place, it's rained at about 2.5inches per hour, and hopefully it'll be gone by Saturday.

Also a tornado touched down just west of the ride area. A big rig has blown over and a train derailed right next to each other, all due to wind on the 215 near March AFB.

Pray for blue skys... or at least no flash flooding or lightning. Lets ride!

As I write this. 4:55pm Thursday, it's raining heavily here in OC with thunder and lightning. So much for 20% chance of rain!

Been watching the news.

We're having flash floods around the area we'll be riding and OC. Lightning is all over the place, it's rained at about 2.5inches per hour, and hopefully it'll be gone by Saturday.

Also a tornado touched down just west of the ride area. A big rig has blown over and a train derailed right next to each other, all due to wind on the 215 near March AFB.

Pray for blue skys... or at least no flash flooding or lightning. Lets ride!

As I write this. 4:55pm Thursday, it's raining heavily here in OC with thunder and lightning.So much for 20% chance of rain!

Mmmmmmm I gotta tell you boys, if it's like this Saturday morning, I'm doubtful. Snorkle.gif

Ok here is the deal, if it is raining hard on Saturday I am going to push the ride of till Sunday!!!!!!!! But if the weather is ok, I will ride on Saturday. Lets keep this thread going and see what happens, regardless, I want to make this ride happen, be it Saturday or Sunday!!!!

Maybe you could post at 7:30am to confirm or cancel the ride?

We got lots of rain in Escondido for 5 minutes and then it just stayed dreary for the rest of the day. Somehow I don't see it raining for 3 days around here?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea but lets be realistic. In So Cal it shouldnt be called Accuweather. It should be called Notsoaccuweather.

If I can get my boat maintanence done tomorrow I plan on riding on Saturday. My weather gauge will be my eyes when I wake up and maybe a call to someone in Idylwild.

We got lots of rain in Escondido for 5 minutes and then it just stayed dreary for the rest of the day. Somehow I don't see it raining for 3 days around here?!
Good idea but it nees to be more around 6am. Those of us coming from the north need to leave early. It rained here in Corona pretty good but it only lasted for about 10 minutes.

We're still a couple days away. Lets see how it goes. I'm sure just as fast as this hit us, it'll be gone. The weather dodos didn't see this coming, and they can't see anything coming in the future very well. They can only see hurricanes forming because it's like watching a slow freight train coming down the tracks...

We'll be riding! :yahoo:

I will check the weather bright and early on Saturday, here and Idyllwild, if the weather is crap, I will post up and push the ride to Sunday!!!!! Everyone else do the same, we will ride!!!!!! :clapping:

We're still a couple days away. Lets see how it goes. I'm sure just as fast as this hit us, it'll be gone. The weather dodos didn't see this coming, and they can't see anything coming in the future very well. They can only see hurricanes forming because it's like watching a slow freight train coming down the tracks...

Yes we will!!!!!! :yahoo: :clapping:

Yea but lets be realistic. In So Cal it shouldnt be called Accuweather. It should be called Notsoaccuweather.
No. It shouldn't. It should be called "Inaccuweather".

Brevity is the soul of wit, my friend.

I will check the weather bright and early on Saturday, here and Idyllwild, if the weather is crap, I will post up and push the ride to Sunday!!!!! Everyone else do the same, we will ride!!!!!! :clapping:

No. We won't. My dad is coming in from Dallas on Saturday afternoon. It's Saturday or nothing for me.

No. It shouldn't. It should be called "Inaccuweather".

Brevity is the soul of wit, my friend.

No. We won't. My dad is coming in from Dallas on Saturday afternoon. It's Saturday or nothing for me.

Well lets pray for good weather for tomorrow! I will ride in scattered showers but not severe weather, other wise I will postpone the ride till Sunday.

At this point, it doesn't look too bad. Both weather.com and accuweather.com are predicting rain until 9am tomorrow, and then just clouds. Looks like we can expect a little bit of wet, but not much.

Guess its a crap shoot really. Still, it looks like any rain after 9am tomorrow will be the exception, not the rule. Keep an eye on the weather reports and roll them dice...

At this point, it doesn't look too bad. Both weather.com and accuweather.com are predicting rain until 9am tomorrow, and then just clouds. Looks like we can expect a little bit of wet, but not much.
Guess its a crap shoot really. Still, it looks like any rain after 9am tomorrow will be the exception, not the rule. Keep an eye on the weather reports and roll them dice...

yep yep I just put links up on the beginning post to both Escondido hourly forecast and Idyllwild hourly forecast... :yahoo:

Good article and photo of Cooks Corner (local biker hangout here in OC) in the paper today, showing guys sweeping the water and mud out of the bar from a flash flood yesterday afternoon.

One guy was quoted as saying I said to my buddy "Hey it's raining hard out there" next thing a wave of muddy water came through the bar and the water was rising rapidly. We all panicked and swam out.

I hear they will be having mud wrestling as a feature this weekend.

I'm beginning to get cold feet on this ride tomorrow boys, riding in the mountains in thunder and lighting is not my cup of tea. Leaving at 7am in the rain does not appeal either. Decision time in the next 12 hours.

I'm beginning to get cold feet on this ride tomorrow boys, riding in the mountains in thunder and lighting is not my cup of tea. Leaving at 7am in the rain does not appeal either. Decision time in the next 12 hours.
Don't panic... yet. :eek:

We have about 18 hours to go for 6am.

I'm going to wake up tomorrow, look at the inaccuweather forecast at Escondido and Idyllwild, then check the post here. If all the scopes are green and the Ride Master hasn't canceled it, I'm on my way!!! ;)

You guys in the SD area are the best barometer to tell how it is, so let us know.

Good article and photo of Cooks Corner (local biker hangout here in OC) in the paper today, showing guys sweeping the water and mud out of the bar from a flash flood yesterday afternoon.
One guy was quoted as saying I said to my buddy "Hey it's raining hard out there" next thing a wave of muddy water came through the bar and the water was rising rapidly. We all panicked and swam out.

I hear they will be having mud wrestling as a feature this weekend.

Funny stuff!!!! :)

Jordy check the links they now say no rain tomorrow!!!! So lets keep our eyes on this and a positive attitude!!!!!

Idyllwild weather Saturday May 24th

Escondido weather 5-24

Don't panic... yet. :eek:

We have about 18 hours to go for 6am.

I'm going to wake up tomorrow, look at the inaccuweather forecast at Escondido and Idyllwild, then check the post here. If all the scopes are green and the Ride Master hasn't canceled it, I'm on my way!!! ;)

You guys in the SD area have the best barometer to tell how it is, so let us know.

I have links going on the start of this thread so lets all keep checking. :yahoo:

My chick will not, under any circumstances, ride in either cold or rain. She's already iffy on riding pillion even in perfect conditions.

It's looking like I'm out, at this point, barring a miraculous change in the weather.

My chick will not, under any circumstances, ride in either cold or rain. She's already iffy on riding pillion even in perfect conditions.
It's looking like I'm out, at this point, barring a miraculous change in the weather.

Ok it looks like it is breaking up!!!!! I will post in the am....

Latest posts