Rolling Colorado Rockies FJR Ride July 22-26, 2013; bag the high passes; Estes Park, Leadville, Gunnison & Silverton overnights; no rally fees - FUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in...This should be a bad ass ride. Some good roads there Don. I'll see if I can get that pussy Patch to bring his daughter and come along. See how many FJRs he can embarrass on his GSA.

There's nothing wrong with Leadville. I wouldn't wanna live there, but for some food and a place to sleep, it is just fine. Gawd...Skooter is like a spoiled woman.

The idiot is right about Cortez though...Durango is a better place to stay. I know Cortez puts you closer to home, but it's only about an hour's difference.

If you stay the last night on Durango, I'll go there too. If you're dead set on Cortez, I'll prolly peel off and stay in Pagosa before heading south to come home.

Count me in please! I can't do the SWFOG on any of the dates listed and can't do you dirty ride because of my lousy schedule.

Did you say the weather would be fair to partly cloudy? No snow?

Monarch%2520Pass.jpg

The idiot is right about Cortez though...Durango is a better place to stay. I know Cortez puts you closer to home, but it's only about an hour's difference.
What's wrong with Cortez?

Criminal element? Louanne and I are staying there on our travels just before we cross paths with this rolling clusterfuck.

Criminal element? Louanne and I are staying there on our travels just before we cross paths with this rolling clusterfuck.
Nothing is "wrong" with Cortez. Just on this ride, it looks like we'll be heading down the Million Dollar Highway right into Durango anyway, and Durango is definitely nicer. BUT...Just like Leadville, for just one night and a place to sleep, there's very little difference.

For ME though, Cortez is farther west than I wanna head home from. From Durango, I can take 550 all the way to Bernalillo, just north of Albuquerque. From Pagosa, I hit Chama, Espanola and Santa Fe. From Cortez, I'd end up riding south to Gallup and then 170 miles east to Albuquerque.

Your plans are fine...BUT your SO will like Durango better too. Especially if she has time to shop.

Nothing is "wrong" with Cortez. Just on this ride, it looks like we'll be heading down the Million Dollar Highway right into Durango anyway, and Durango is definitely nicer. BUT...Just like Leadville, for just one night and a place to sleep, there's very little difference.

For ME though, Cortez is farther west than I wanna head home from. From Durango, I can take 550 all the way to Bernalillo, just north of Albuquerque. From Pagosa, I hit Chama, Espanola and Santa Fe. From Cortez, I'd end up riding south to Gallup and then 170 miles east to Albuquerque.

Your plans are fine...BUT your SO will like Durango better too. Especially if she has time to shop.
I get it...thanks.

I would like to make this also. Will have to see if all will work out.

Should be retiring at the end of July and this may cause a problem.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

I'm in...This should be a bad ass ride. Some good roads there Don. I'll see if I can get that pussy Patch to bring his daughter and come along. See how many FJRs he can embarrass on his GSA.

There's nothing wrong with Leadville. I wouldn't wanna live there, but for some food and a place to sleep, it is just fine. Gawd…Skooter is a totally fucked up spoiled woman!

If you stay the last night on Durango, I'll go there too. If you're dead set on Cortez, I'll prolly peel off and stay in Pagosa before heading south to come home.
Actually AJ this's the kind of constructive, useful and pertinent information I'm looking for! Consider it done, we'll change 7/25/13 lodging to Durango over Cortez.

What we don't need are suggestions where we're spending $150 a night for "high end gay bars and weekend spas" in places such as Ouray and Telluride!

PLEASE NOTE: Thread Title and Post #1 have been changed to show us lodging in Durango, Colorado on Thursday night July 25, 2013; around $75 a night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to make this also. Will have to see if all will work out.

Should be retiring at the end of July and this may cause a problem.

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Tucson Joe we all promise to do our very best to keep that Jackwagon HotRodZilla from kicking you off of your motorcycle like the last time we rode Colorado.

Hopefully, we can get Herr Petey to bitch slap him before he starts acting like a bullying TOOL!

Count me in please! I can't do the SWFOG on any of the dates listed and can't do your dirty ride because of my lousy schedule.

Did you say the weather would be fair to partly cloudy? No snow?

Monarch%2520Pass.jpg
Mr. Bill, that is great news you can attend the FJR Forum Rolling Colorado Rockies Ride. However, no promises on Colorado weather, when our Dave "Pinhead" and his wife "Mountain Mama" got married on July 25 it snowed on their Wedding Day.

So FJR Forum Folks, be seriously prepared for any kind of weather in the Colorado Rockies!

Oh, my, you guys are the coolest.......

....when I grows up I want to be just like youse guys......

OOooh this sounds so tempting Don. It would be the perfect cure for not be able to go to SW-FOG this summer. This time I might try to squeeze in a more "spirited" ride up to the top of Pikes Peak whilst I'm out there.

FJR CCF 2013...I like it!

Two days there, five days riding and two days back -- doable. Keeping the calendar open for this one Don. Sounds like fun interesting!

--G