Rolling Colorado Rockies FJR Ride July 22-26, 2013; bag the high passes; Estes Park, Leadville, Gunnison & Silverton overnights; no rally fees - FUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to make this also. Will have to see if all will work out.

Should be retiring at the end of July and this may cause a problem.

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Problem? Retirement? How do those words fit in the same sentence? Sorry, Joe, just don't understand. We're talking English here, right?
dntknw.gif

Colorado Clusterfuck 2013...that's what this is..)
Could this be the 2013 version of the annual FJR Rolling Clusterfuck in the tradition of the 2011 Wheatie/Airboss West Coast Tour and the 2012 FJRay Reuben Run? Sounds like it might be developing that way. My plans are fluid but I'm starting to think about this one too.

SkooterG is right about Cortez though.
I have to agree with CootieG on Cortez. If you do end up in that area, I can recommend the "Dolores Mountain Inn" 800-842-8113 in Dolores, CO. A motorcycle friendly motel, the owners are very nice and Dolores is a cool small town on the river with good restaurants, the Dolores River Brewery has excellent craft beers and great pizza. About 10 miles North of Cortez and a much better place to stay.
Many thanks for the recommendation Moto99 - Ron, I personally may stay in Dolores on my way up to Estes Park on Sunday, July 21; if so I'll then definitely stay at the "Dolores Mountain Inn", but on Thursday night 7/25/13 we will all stay in Durango, CO.

FJR CCF 2013...I like it!

Two days there, five days riding and two days back -- doable. Keeping the calendar open for this one Don. Sounds like fun interesting!

--G
Gorgeous George has seconded the nomination of WheatonFJR's recommendation of "FJR Colorado Cluster **** 2013"!

And so it shall be my Fine FJR Forum Friends, Post #1 has been amended to reflect this most appropriate M/C ride moniker!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else notice that when mi bastard step-pappy starts a thread, he is also the one who always responds the most in them?

Does that make you wonder how much he talks to himself when he is at home?

Or is it just a pathetic attempt at bumping up his post count?

Or, mental illness?

Does anybody else notice that when mi bastard step-pappy starts a thread, he is also the one who always responds the most in them?

Or, mental illness?
1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) Definitely Yes.

When I saw this in the new posts, and saw who'd posted last (again), I actually opened it up to count how many of the 47 replies (as of now) were made by el robusto. Lol'd when I saw this post.

But being perfectly serious, in answer to your serious question, yes. Someone else noticed. :lol:

Or, mental illness?
Trick question(s) ?

--G

Ya know, Durango is only a couple-three hours from the Moki Dugway ....

MokiDugway_zps81ce9822.jpg

IMG_2565_zps6bc383b2.jpg
Good Call Old Michael! Mick is right on, if you have an extra day after the "FJR Colorado Cluster **** 2013" I highly recommend riding the Moki Dugway! Can definitely be negotiated on an FJR 1300!

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional Clarification and Information on the "FJR Colorado Cluster **** 2013!:

CO 2013 will start off at a motel in Estes Park, Colorado on the evening of Monday, July 22; it will end Friday morning, July 26 at a motel in Durango, CO when we say our farewells. I am leading the FJR Forum to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for the last week of January and the first week of February; and I am the Rallymaster of FJR Owners of Dual Sports over March 28-31 - FODS VI.

So, I'll not start researching CO 2013 motels to reserve until mid-April. 7/23 we'll overnight in Leadville and 7/24 we will stay in Gunnison. Each morning we will look at our Butler Maps and our Motorcycling Colorado Guides and decide on our daily routes, as a group we may split up into different sections and perhaps even over different routes. Very glad to hear that You and your SO can make this trip, it will be great fun on a budget!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Oh, and to increase my post count I thought I would reply to my reply by saying that OM is pussyfooting around about this ride and probably won't commit until the morning of. JSNS

Mark

Sounds like wifey and I will be seeing lots of FJRs going the opposite direction between Gunnison and Ouray.

Honk if you love FJRs!