running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the nastiest jobs in the world, replacing that infernal wax ring. Ick!
It's not that bad if you hold your nose the whole time. I passed out twice but, it's doable. :)
A perfect solution for your nose is a clothespin
smile.png
Works great!
laugh.gif

a big relief...I just needed the flange replaced where the toilet "plugs" into the sewer pipe at the bottom of the toilet. With the toilet "in my arms" and unattached, I rebuilt it with new flowmaster valve, seals, flapper, and wax ring. Figured I'd get a new seat too.
Hey Mike.

I hope you checked the FCT (flush chain tensioner) while you were at it?

Good luck to you, hope to see you're riding again soon.

Al.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would never work. Your bike is too clean and does not have enough stickers.
smile.png

That is a viable alternative though, yours looks great.
Should it come to a replacement bike for Mike, I'm sure we all have a few stickers around we could donate.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

a big relief...I just needed the flange replaced where the toilet "plugs" into the sewer pipe at the bottom of the toilet. With the toilet "in my arms" and unattached, I rebuilt it with new flowmaster valve, seals, flapper, and wax ring. Figured I'd get a new seat too.
Hey Mike.

I hope you checked the FCT (flush chain tensioner) while you were at it?

Good luck to you, hope to see you're riding again soon.

Al.
lol.gif

oh my gawd...my favorite color and friggin' ABS too

Bastard

Since it is an '04 everything would transfer straight over. Isabella, only with ABS and 5xxxx miles on it.
punk.gif

I would even be up to delivering it to you...

Last edited by a moderator:
when it rains it pours

AIW (Angelic Italian Wifey) had a scare spending 14hrs in the ER with chest pains, pressure, shortness of breath

no cardiac indications could be seen or diagnosed...either a bad reaction to a new antibiotic for bronchitus, or her very low thyroid function...homebound rest, doses of synthroid, and mental withdrawl from the stresses of life were prescribed.

SURE...my booteeful, wonderful, hard headed dago mama's definition of rest and adjustment of letting go of her family, even temporarily...let's just say is different than mine. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

so I've been a bit distracted by more pressing issues and will be for a few days

I know mechanic friend Aaron will do his best on my part, and good things are worth waiting for. All of you, especially RFH Andrew have lovingly led me to a good place and I'll never forget your kindness. I enjoy repeating that fact.

I promise to keep you good people informed. I certainly feel your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.

19 yr old is home from college looking for a job, graduation in 2 weeks. 17 yr old is playing softball with daily games. She also is looking at colleges with visits being scheduled including Tulane Univ here in New Orleans this Friday.

So busy overall is probably good.

Again, I promise to post as info comes in.

Sorry to hear that AIW is not well. If I understood your post correctly, she is now at home. Forget about the machine and take care of your family. It sounds like you have your priorities in good order. I wish you and AIW well.

I also send my best wishes for your wife's health. I know she was at the doctor while we were delivering Isabella and you had some concerns then. Do not worry about the bike. When it gets a diagnosis and or a repair, we will cross that bridge then. With any luck, the bike and the wife will both be good as new soon. Until then, I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to go retrieve Isabella.

Best Wishes for your wife's health. That is of upmost importance.

There are a ton of forum members out here waiting for the good new to come thru.

Hang in there Patriot.

Slardy