running bad (feeling blessed)...limped home (walking on air)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is an overage of funds after taking care of everything. I would propose that any extra be sent to support the forum itself. It is the glue that holds us all together.

Sorry...This probably isn't the time or place, but I disagree about sending overages to the forum. I have offered that in the past and never received a response.

The money I sent for this is for Patriot and only Patriot. I expect that 100% of my donation will go to his cause. If there is extra, send it to him for maintenance of his bike or for his family. Actually, I wouldn't object to giving some to Redfish Hunter for his time and fuel.

If the forum wants/needs money, all they gotta do is ask. I'll happily donate to that cause too.

Sorry...This probably isn't the time or place, but I disagree about sending overages to the forum. I have offered that in the past and never received a response.The money I sent for this is for Patriot and only Patriot. I expect that 100% of my donation will go to his cause. If there is extra, send it to him for maintenance of his bike or for his family. Actually, I wouldn't object to giving some to Redfish Hunter for his time and fuel.

If the forum wants/needs money, all they gotta do is ask. I'll happily donate to that cause too.
I concur with Rodzilla. If the money sent pays for the new engine and leftovers can buy new tires then trow em on there too. All money should go to Patriots bike...

Contribution happily sent
smile.png
............. good on ya Fred and good luck Mike.

And yeah .... all monies should go to Mike.

Rog n Deb

Agreed here - Mike could use the leftover funds to purchase tires and wear and tear items. At least for a short while, he can enjoy his Patriot Guarding for less out of pocket money.

We've done a good thing here, my friends.

agreed let the extra go to mike to keep him on the road!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - what is left over should be sent to Mike for use as Mike sees fit - tires, maintenance, fuel on PGR missions - I don't care what he uses it for so long as he uses it. Thanks for bringing this up 'zilla.

Sorry...This probably isn't the time or place, but I disagree about sending overages to the forum. I have offered that in the past and never received a response.

The money I sent for this is for Patriot and only Patriot. I expect that 100% of my donation will go to his cause. If there is extra, send it to him for maintenance of his bike or for his family. Actually, I wouldn't object to giving some to Redfish Hunter for his time and fuel.

I would agree except that I don't like Zilla. If we pretend someone else came up with the idea, I will go along with the crowd.
Well, actually 'graler' suggested any excess going to the forum. Zilla, correctly IMHO, disagreed and woke up the whole asylum.
smile.png

Does that work?

Al.

I concur, overages for tires and fish gas.

I'd suggest PR3's
wink.png

Speaking of overages. I managed to tear a spark plug boot getting it out, If one happens to be left over....

What are we going to do with the left over good parts? Do we send everything back home with Patriot? Surely he could find a place for an FJR block and heads, perhaps in the kitchen cabinets? Perhaps under his bed?

Seriously, if there is anything left over from all this that is worth saving, do we want to store it somewhere for the next unfortunate forum member? Maybe we could send them all to Howie and he could assemble a complete engine from all the parts? (Don't hate me Howie!)

Hey, I'm up for it, but damned if I know how I could test the bitch...be kinda tough with no fueling system...or induction system...or starter...or spare ECU...or spare cooling system...or spare electrical system to run everything.

Never mind, it's a HORRIBLE idea! :D

I guess I learned a lesson about quoting or in this case not quoting. There was a post a couple before mine that brought up overage of funds. That post suggested another proposal - keeping it around for a future rescue. I thought I would make another suggestion. I know that I would not want to be in charge of such a fund and that it would likely get complicated. The obvious full disbursement to patriot eluded me at the time. Over and out.