"San Diego ride"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, who gave Mike the super secret password to get into the San Diego section?? ;) You'all didn't give him the secret handshake too, didja?

Dale, Not sure if Janet will be free that weekend or not, but she is interested in being pillion on my bike for this ride. I'll know later next month.

GalaxyBlue, Sorry weekdays are togh for me to get away. Have fun though!

BTW, if anyone wants to borrow a tankbag with music and GMRS radio, I have an extra magnetic bag someone can use. Only problem is you will need a powerlet outlet to plug it into, and you would need to use my extra helmet with the speakers and mic in it. Just an FYI.

[SIZE=12pt]Just a suggestion, don’t anyone take this the wrong way.[/SIZE]

I’m a bit heavy handed on the throttle and therefore would suggest we meet and greet at the designated locations, then break into two groups:

1. Sightseers and or those with SO

2. Spirited riders – I’d be glad to lead this group :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

We would set meeting spots along the way or one just for lunch. :assassin: :glare: :rolleyes:

I’m a bit heavy handed on the throttle and therefore would suggest we meet and greet at the designated locations, then break into two groups:

2. Spirited riders – I’d be glad to lead this group :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

We would set meeting spots along the way or one just for lunch.

:assassin: :glare: :rolleyes:
Well, count me in on the sightseer/SO group. My SO is kind of terrified of motorcycles, so I have to be pretty gentle with her.

She spent part of the afternoon looking at sites like Ride To Die, so she's not in the best frame of mind.

I agree completely with the two groups approach (or more depending on how many riders they are). Count me in with the sightseers either way.

Please, re-comfirm the date for me. Has this ride already been done?? If not, When is it? :unsure:
I think they are talking about doing it on May 24th. I live in Corona but my backyard is in Norco so if you want to ride up to the meeting spot together let me know.

Please, re-comfirm the date for me. Has this ride already been done?? If not, When is it? :unsure:
I think they are talking about doing it on May 24th. I live in Corona but my backyard is in Norco so if you want to ride up to the meeting spot together let me know.

Yep the date is May 24th.... :yahoo: So I guess it is Idyllwild by way of popular demand... I will meet you guys in Escondido and we could cut over lake wolford to the 76 and go out that way????

Here is the meeting spot.....

Starbucks at 272 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido,

Last edited by a moderator:

We would set meeting spots along the way or one just for lunch.

:assassin: :glare: :rolleyes:

That is fine but, I say at key points alone the way we regroup and head out again. I can lead the second group, I will be keeping it mellow for a couple of reasons... One of course I will be two up.

I will map out the route for everyone when I get a chance. And of course we will go over it the day of the ride. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to go, and can make in on the 24th. The SO wants to go, too, and she's a little scared of bikes, so I don't wanna get into a situation that will make her leery of riding. Something a bit more relaxed would work great for us.
Also, Sunday is a homework day for me, so a really long ride wouldn't work.

Idyllwild is still somewhat of a long ride. But being that you are from Escondido you should be able to be home by 2:00 or 3:00

Hi everyone, I'm up for this ride on the 24th.

Do we have a meeting time?

I'm in Mission Viejo, anyone else from my area going?

Ynotride, wanna meet up at this end of Ortega or yon end?

Hi everyone, I'm up for this ride on the 24th.Do we have a meeting time?

Ok you guys will have to arrange your meeting times as you come south and gather people up. But I say for the final meet spot in Escondido we make it 9:00 am, that should give people time to get down this way....

Yep the date is May 24th.... :yahoo: So I guess it is Idyllwild by way of popular demand... I will meet you guys in Escondido and we could cut over lake wolford to the 76 and go out that way????

Here is the meeting spot.....

Starbucks at 272 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido,

Again this is the meeting spot in Escondido at 9:00 am everyone else make arrangements on your meeting times and spots as you come south to Escondido....

9am in Escondido, don't you guys like a lay in bed on Saturdays?

Especially after the mandatory a couple of pints on Friday night to wrap up the work week.

I guess I'll be joining the scenic tour at that time of the morning then! :sleepysmiley03:

9am in Escondido, don't you guys like a lay in bed on Saturdays? Especially after the mandatory a couple of pints on Friday night to wrap up the work week.

I guess I'll be joining the scenic tour at that time of the morning then! :sleepysmiley03:

Well I just figure considering the destination. We should meet early and get on the road early... By the time we do a pre ride and have coffee and BS we probably will not get on the rd. till 10:00 am or so...

But I am open to a meet time.

Hi everyone, I'm up for this ride on the 24th.Do we have a meeting time?

Yes I am going and will meet up with you to ride to the meeting spot. Maybe we can have a spot near the 15/74 for us northern county people to meet up and ride down to escondido.

Sounds good ynotride.

How about the first gas station on the right, east of the 15 on 74.

I think there are 3 stations right there, 2 on the right and an Arco on the left.

Sounds good ynotride.How about the first gas station on the right, east of the 15 on 74.

I think there are 3 stations right there, 2 on the right and an Arco on the left.
Sounds good to me. We will confirm time as the date gets closer.