SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ck-ing Marietta...

Thu May 1
28.png
59°

44°

Mostly Cloudy
  • Chance of rain:
  • 20%
  • Wind:
  • WSW at 10 mph
Details

Fri May 2
26.png
59°

44°

Cloudy
  • Chance of rain:
  • 10%
  • Wind:
  • WSW at 12 mph
Details

Sat May 3
11.png
61°

41°

Few Showers
  • Chance of rain:
  • 30%
  • Wind:
  • WSW at 11 mph
Details

Sun May 4
30.png
65°

47°

Partly Cloudy
  • Chance of rain:
  • 20%
  • Wind:
  • WSW at 11 mph

No too shabby and I'm hoping for improvement (of course!)

Started my trek west: Albany, NY to Syracuse, NY this morning for two and a half days work, then meeting up with Iris, Jim, Fred & Jack? in State College, PA Wednesday night. Well Fred & Jack have bowed out due to bad weather forecast and Iris and Jim are worried about getting their new beautiful bikes dirty, so if I make it to Ohio will anyone be there? Hey Iris & Jim, maybe TopSpeed will volunteer to wash your bikes in Ohio. I've seen him wash a bike and he does a real good job.

wow, I didn't realize how cold it was going to be up there, I may have to re-think what riding gear we take....and remind Brenda to pack extra socks and a jacket. It was in the 80's here over the weekend and the heavy rain that is forecast there just passed through here today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your departure from the meet, Fred. I guess we'll have to have a beer together some other time. I'm going whatever the weather. Look... you change your plans & it'll end up being beautiful. Murphys Law you know.

It has been decided, though. I'm wearing my winter gear.

wow, I didn't realize how cold it was going to be up there, I may have to re-think what riding gear we take....and remind Brenda to pack extra socks and a jacket. It was in the 80's here over the weekend and the heavy rain that is forecast there just passed through here today.
yea...doesn't look much like a mesh gear kinda weekend.
nea.gif

Weather forecast for Thurs. Fri. and Sat. Marietta, Ohio:

Sunny and mild

High in the mid 70's

Winds light and variable out of the South Southwest

JSNS

Where are you finding that info, Ray? I'm looking @ Weather Underground & they're showing low 60's for the weekend.

Yes the ride down will most likely suck but I am not deterred. The rest of the weekend once I get there looks good. Sorry to here you cancel Fred but there is plenty of time to hook up later this year.

Dave

Still warmer temps than we've seen thus far this year. IN!
Yes, the Canadians will be there. You haven't seen weather suck until you've lived in Canada...no big mystery why the Canadian population hugs the USA border. :)

The weather may suck, but it will suck less than being "up there". The Canadians will be there.

Canada is a great country, and most that I have met have been great people...they just happen to be just stuck in the worst weather on the North American continent.

The Canadians will be there...and will laugh at the rain.

Besides, there's no hockey left for them to watch anyways, right?

I rode all day Saturday in on/off heavy rains. Sunday it was nice, so I cut down a dead tree from the past Winters grasp, threw my back out.. but, I'm still in for the Ramble. I may need to see a chiro-cracker-backer tho. Fred's weather forecast wasn't much pain relief either.
Based on what you rode with to CFR last summer, a bad back shouldn't slow you down too much!

I rode all day Saturday in on/off heavy rains. Sunday it was nice, so I cut down a dead tree from the past Winters grasp, threw my back out.. but, I'm still in for the Ramble. I may need to see a chiro-cracker-backer tho. Fred's weather forecast wasn't much pain relief either.
Based on what you rode with to CFR last summer, a bad back shouldn't slow you down too much!
I don't care who you are, that there Is funny! BTW, I'll be there, rain or shine!