SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, Jim and Iris not making it. Bummer. Don't blame you though. There can be some rough weather on Wednesday. I think this is the shortest ride I've ever had to a rally, so I'll be there. Hope to see you all again later in the year. Weather looks decent for the weekend.

Just needed one of those Star Trek transporters to skip over the serious crap we'd be hitting on Tuesday/Wednesday. Those that are close enough for a 1 day ride-in or coming from a different direction, should make out OK.

Have fun kids. We'll catch you all next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably going to run into something weather-wise. I figure it's part of the territory & I will slog on.

FJRPittsburg says that Iris & Jim have also canceled. Do they have a reservation waiting line or something?

a

Fred, Jim and Iris not making it. Bummer. Don't blame you though. There can be some rough weather on Wednesday. I think this is the shortest ride I've ever had to a rally, so I'll be there. Hope to see you all again later in the year. Weather looks decent for the weekend.
If weather on Friday is not up to par, you might want to join me in making a straighter line to Cadiz to meet Joe, then continue the theme of straight boring roads to Marietta. Friday actually looks like the best day of the week.

If anyone is coming from the north or east on Thursday, and needs shelter about 3-hours northeast of Marietta, in Murrysville PA along US 22, near the turnpike, let me know. I actually have 3 empty bedrooms. Pool is not yet in business due to weather.

For reservations at the Microtel, call the desk. The reservations systems may not be fully up to date. 1-740-373-7373

Tom,

I may follow you westbound if it looks drier than going east Friday morning.

I will send you a PM or give you a call Thursday evening when I decide.

a

If weather on Friday is not up to par, you might want to join me in making a straighter line to Cadiz to meet Joe, then continue the theme of straight boring roads to Marietta. Friday actually looks like the best day of the week.

If anyone is coming from the north or east on Thursday, and needs shelter about 3-hours northeast of Marietta, in Murrysville PA along US 22, near the turnpike, let me know. I actually have 3 empty bedrooms. Pool is not yet in business due to weather.

For reservations at the Microtel, call the desk. The reservations systems may not be fully up to date. 1-740-373-7373
Hoping I'll be able to show you some of the fun roads from Cadiz down to Marietta, Tom...they are alot more fun when dry.

Weather won't stop us from getting there, we have to trailer for schedule reasons. I just want the mini-vacation.

Wife will set the bar for the weather we ride in. We both bought new cold weather jackets for the occasion. We're hoping to find her some new riding boots and possibly some warmer riding pants at Iron Pony. My wallet is afraid to go there, I've never been.

Is it Friday yet?

Wife will set the bar for the weather we ride in. We both bought new cold weather jackets for the occasion. We're hoping to find her some new riding boots and possibly some warmer riding pants at Iron Pony. My wallet is afraid to go there, I've never been.
You'll be like a kid in a candy store...everytime I walk into the place...it's kinda like Christmas morning.

Started my trek west: Albany, NY to Syracuse, NY this morning for two and a half days work, then meeting up with Iris, Jim, Fred & Jack? in State College, PA Wednesday night. Well Fred & Jack have bowed out due to bad weather forecast and Iris and Jim are worried about getting their new beautiful bikes dirty, so if I make it to Ohio will anyone be there? Hey Iris & Jim, maybe TopSpeed will volunteer to wash your bikes in Ohio. I've seen him wash a bike and he does a real good job.
Steve knows it! C'mon down Jim n Iris, I'll polish yur new gorgeous bikes. I'll most likely will be doing mine anyways (especially if I see rain coming down)... heck, so what's another one two bikes? OK, no climb aboards, this is a New Yawker only offer!

I rode all day Saturday in on/off heavy rains. Sunday it was nice, so I cut down a dead tree from the past Winters grasp, threw my back out.. but, I'm still in for the Ramble. I may need to see a chiro-cracker-backer tho. Fred's weather forecast wasn't much pain relief either.
Based on what you rode with to CFR last summer, a bad back shouldn't slow you down too much!
I don't care who you are, that there Is funny! BTW, I'll be there, rain or shine!

Glad I gave you guys entertainment ...at my painful expense!. I still owe 'Fitter for taking us down that one real bad pot-holed Kanucky road 100mph (and I know, he was in klicks mode).
wink.png

Based on what you rode with to CFR last summer, a bad back shouldn't slow you down too much!
A mans balls shouldn't clack together when he walks.

Def no room (space) for clacking there Steve!

You're wallet should be very afraid...

I will say that in the past, when my wife was shopping for riding gear, there was two different ladies there that were very helpful in suggesting brands that match her shape / size.

If I'm waiting out front next to an R1 and a couple of garabage bags Friday, you'll know my visit didn't go too well...

Weather won't stop us from getting there, we have to trailer for schedule reasons. I just want the mini-vacation.

Is it Friday yet?

I still plan on going, yes, I may have to drink more to relieve my back pain/spasms. So, I may welcome the end of the days rides with a huge grunting smile
smile.png

My Ride-in Skinny;
Meeting my buddy 'Mike the Wine Guy' at Texas Hot Diner for Breakfast 10-11am. It's a family owned hole, but very good chow.
(28 Field St. Kane, PA for anyone wanting to join up). KSU from breakfast is 11am as our trek into Marietta (utilizing part of the East Loop) with NO slab, will require about 6+hrs from this meetup location.
texashotlunch.jpg

My ride into Kane is only 3+hrs, so I may arrive a lil early as additional coffee may be needed! (like 9:30ish).

Fri & Sat rides are flippable for me, depending on where the masses are (or not). I'm planning on....

SEO West Loop
WV Highlands Pkwy Loop (I have the GPX on this loop also, PM me your email and I will send it to you)

I still plan on going, yes, I may have to drink more to relieve my back pain/spasms. So, I may welcome the end of the days rides with a huge grunting smile
smile.png

My Ride-in Skinny;

Meeting my buddy 'Mike the Wine Guy' at Texas Hot Diner for Breakfast 10-11am. It's a family owned hole, but very good chow.

(28 Field St. Kane, PA for anyone wanting to join up). KSU from breakfast is 11am as our trek into Marietta (utilizing part of the East Loop) with NO slab, will require about 6+hrs
texashotlunch.jpg
KJ,

I don't think your being very realistic about the time, if you are planning on doing part of the East Loop with no slab from Kane, PA to Marietta, OH.

I was just puting a little route together from Cadiz, OH to Marietta,OH utalizing some of the East Loop roads...and it's looking like about 4.5-5 hrs.

See you guys Friday...night

When do ya think you'll be there? The IP is about 15 minutes from home.

When do ya think you'll be there? The IP is about 15 minutes from home.
Assuming Nick has his shit together when we go get him, I'm thinking about 3 PM. I can give you a call on our way when I think we've got a better estimate if you want to meet us there.

Hmmm....I've never been to the Iron Pony.....and it adds about an hour on the trip up.....is it worth the detour?