SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New, Official Event Title:
Wheaton's Southeast Ohio Ramble 2014
He may or may not be there, but the rest of us will be...
YES,
punk.gif
I'll be there. Made reservation for Friday & Saturday..... looking for a roomie that doesn't (snore) keep me up all night...
omg2.gif
I'd volunteer, but like I said, I don't know what my job situation will be then.

...and so, the excuses start...
Pay attention. The excuses started earlier. Wake up Joe.
biggrin.png

...it's this little thing called reality. I really don't know where I'll be living or working in May. But if you really know me, you know that someone who's been leading people to the flat straight boring roads of SE Ohio for 5 years or so is gonna do what they can to try and be there.

Unless my pinky hurts...then I'm out.

OK, just a fair warning, I am now a big maybe to attend. Some would say "Whew!"........ won't know until we get much closer to the date.......

So the question becomes, which bike do you bring?

OK, just a fair warning, I am now a big maybe to attend. Some would say "Whew!"........ won't know until we get much closer to the date.......
The twisty-eating FJR of course! I have gone dual sporting with that too (in Ohio as well, not on purpose, with two FJR's following).

Well this be spouse-friendly? She's the one who likes cigars, I don't!

The counter to your question would be, is your spouse friendly? If mine is in a good mood, she'll be along. If she's cranky, I'll push the FJR half way down the street and leave with out her...

There are usually a few significant others who join - Mrs. BikerGeek is usually there - most likely to get sympathy from us for being "Mrs. BikerGeek". If my spouse is there, she'll surely find the need to tell more stories about goat trails I've taker her on...

Yes, she is friendly. She rides her own bike too, a Ninja, but prefers to travel on the back of my FJR.

The counter to your question would be, is your spouse friendly? If mine is in a good mood, she'll be along. If she's cranky, I'll push the FJR half way down the street and leave with out her...

There are usually a few significant others who join - Mrs. BikerGeek is usually there - most likely to get sympathy from us for being "Mrs. BikerGeek". If my spouse is there, she'll surely find the need to tell more stories about goat trails I've taker her on...

I think the only chance I have is bringing my wife along, assuming we can get someone to watch the baby. She's worried about going to these things under some weird misconceptions. She's an introvert at hear, which is where most of her hesitation comes from. Hopefully I can get her to go along, show her that most of these guys are harmless. Then maybe she'll go along to more events, which allows me to go to more.

I think the only chance I have is bringing my wife along, assuming we can get someone to watch the baby. She's worried about going to these things under some weird misconceptions. She's an introvert at hear, which is where most of her hesitation comes from. Hopefully I can get her to go along, show her that most of these guys are harmless. Then maybe she'll go along to more events, which allows me to go to more.
Well, I gota tell you she may not be all that wrong about her miconceptions, better make sure you introduce her to the right crowd.
omg2.gif

JUST KIDDING,
tonguesmiley.gif
I hope she'll go with you and I'm sure she'll have a great/good time.

Gotta get my digs in here -

CT or non-CT equipped FJR? If CT equipped, then I'm bring the SM so we can ride at a pace which allows you to catch up on the straight sections..

So the question becomes, which bike do you bring?

The twisty-eating FJR of course! I have gone dual sporting with that too (in Ohio as well, not on purpose, with two FJR's following).