Signup For E. KY Ride April 11-14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife made reservations today, so we will be doing this ride!! :yahoo: Found a room at the Red River Inn for the 11th, Got a room at pine Mtn for the 12th, and a room at Breaks Interstate on the 13th. So, where and at what time should we meet on the 11th? or do we just meet up on the morning of the 12th?

Keith can give you the official answer, but some of us will make it to Natural Bridge in the early afternoon Friday 11th, then hike a little, ride a little, etc. Join us then, if you can.

The wife made reservations today, so we will be doing this ride!! :yahoo: Found a room at the Red River Inn for the 11th, Got a room at pine Mtn for the 12th, and a room at Breaks Interstate on the 13th. So, where and at what time should we meet on the 11th? or do we just meet up on the morning of the 12th?

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!

Jagermeister, his S.O., Indianatom, and I will all be arriving at the state park early afternoon, probably between 12-1. We will take the skylift to the top of Natural Bridge and walk around up there for a little. Probably do a short, mild ride after that, just to do some sightseeing, take some pictures, no real agenda. Once we get back, we are going to whip up a fire in the big cabin, play some cards, grille some burgers, and have a few cold ones.

Housekeeping

Confirmed

1. Keithaba

2. Borrec

3. Luvtoride

4. Jagermeister and S.O.

5. OhioFJR1300 and S.O.

6. Indianatom

7. Quicksilver and S.O.

and a possible guest appearance by Daddysbike.

Would each of you please PM me your Full Name, cell phone (that will be with you on the trip), and an emergency contact.

Let me know if you don't have the gps files and I will send them to you.

Also, anyone oppposed to cheeseburgers or omlettes/eggs?

Finally

I would love for more people to come along. I have 2 more days to hold the room reservations. After the 30th, there will only be 2 slots left as I have to pay for the lodges in advance.

If you have been thinking about going, sign up! The money for the hotels is fully refundable up to 7 days prior to arrival. Better to cancel than not be able to go because you can't get a room.

I've already put a bug in the ear of several FJR-ites about this trip.

The menu sounds great to me, Keith.

I've got a nice longggg ride out to meet you guys so, I think that it's safe to say that ya'll won't be seeing me until sometime in the early evening on Friday. Hopefully, it will be in time to eat.

It'll be in the neighborhood of 550-600 miles for me to get to Natural Bridge. Bummer really, I'd love to see Natural Bridge & play with you guys on Friday afternoon.

I will probably take 460 west all the way as far as I can. It appears to be the most direct route.

Really looking forward to this, Heidi

Heidi,

Since you're coming in Friday, be careful between Grundy VA and Salyersville KY; Lots of Coal Trucks on weekdays. I almost got creamed by these asshats twice this month while driving a freakin' SUBURBAN! Not going near one on a bike, and there are thousands out there. Plus, they spray crap all over you. Fortunately, they mostly stay East of Hazard KY, and most are off the roads for the weekend, so we should be fine Sat-Sun.

If you don't mind a few hours of slab, an easy alternative is 64 from Bluefield/Beckley to Mt. Sterling KY (exit 110), then 11 South. Bonus, you might make it before dark.

Jager at Sundown!

I've already put a bug in the ear of several FJR-ites about this trip.
The menu sounds great to me, Keith.

I've got a nice longggg ride out to meet you guys so, I think that it's safe to say that ya'll won't be seeing me until sometime in the early evening on Friday. Hopefully, it will be in time to eat.

It'll be in the neighborhood of 550-600 miles for me to get to Natural Bridge. Bummer really, I'd love to see Natural Bridge & play with you guys on Friday afternoon.

I will probably take 460 west all the way as far as I can. It appears to be the most direct route.

Really looking forward to this, Heidi

Jager, thanks for the heads up. & about Rte 64... I'm about 2 miles from access to 64W. I think that I might look at your suggestion as strictly taking 64 out if'n access to Natural Bridge is that easy. I had originally considered 460W because it was direct... BUT it goes through a boatload of small po'dunk towns... & then there is the coal truck scenario. 64 would be high speed the entire way. I really don't like slab but realistically, I've found it to be so much faster to them thar hills.

Grassy ass (that's thank you in Spanish!) Will be seeing you guys in the spring, Heidi

I too would stick with 64. I know the slab sucks, but you have got quite a way to go. Can you leave directly from work Thurs. evening? It would just cost you a little extra to get a cheap hotel when you get halfway to the park, but would get you to the park a lot earlier and break things up.

Either way we'll save some food for you!!!!

I'm going to consider the scenario of leaving Thursday night after work. I'm going to look into it. That would mean that I can come out to play at Natural Bridge. Thanks for the advice Keith, Heidi

I would love for more people to come along. I have 2 more days to hold the room reservations. After the 30th, there will only be 2 slots left as I have to pay for the lodges in advance.
I would love to go but just can't get out of my scheduled business trip. I don't return until the 12th. Please, please, please take lots of pics and share the experience. Have fun!

I would love to go but just can't get out of my scheduled business trip. I don't return until the 12th. Please, please, please take lots of pics and share the experience. Have fun!
Shiznit!

I will definately do a ride report! I am already thinking about how I will probably do a very similar route again in the Fall. The difference between spring and fall folliage makes it look like 2 different places.

Okay, Haulin Ashe & Cinderella are confirming attendance. Sending PM to Keithaba now for further instructions.

:)

Cool Jeff, this is looking sorta' like a small EOM reunion.

I am a sucker... I looked back at post #18... but I agree with you Jag

Confirmed

1. Keithaba

2. Indianatom

3. Drewvanracer

4. Luvtoride

5. Borrec

6. Jagermeister and S.O.

7. OhioFJR1300 and S.O.

8. Quicksilver and S.O.

9. Haulin Ashe and S.O.

and a possible guest appearance by Daddysbike.

I have 1 extra room at each hotel, which means, there are only 2 slots left for this ride. If you want to come along, let me know soon!

yeah c'mon folks... fill that last slot. We need to REALLY test out Keith's short order cook cooking skills.