Signup For E. KY Ride April 11-14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do I need to do if I can pull this off? Talk slow, I'm not real bright.

I'm a little aprehensive about anything called a "KY ride." I've been to jail before... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
What do I need to do if I can pull this off? Talk slow, I'm not real bright.
I'm a little aprehensive about anything called a "KY ride." I've been to jail before... :blink:
Bubba don't use KY, where we're going :eek:

Keith posted the Lodging in post 23...Friday night is reserved in a block, but you'd need to call to reserve Sat&Sun - Pine Mountain & Breaks - by the end of the month (tomorrow), and pay for the rooms. They're refundable, but must be paid in advance.

Hope you can make it!

I'm still working on the wife. I'm hoping she'll not have a problem with me going. I'm going to try "putting out" tonight to see if I can sway her opinion.

On second thought, I might ought to leave her alone for the best chance at going.

I'm still working on the wife. I'm hoping she'll not have a problem with me going. I'm going to try "putting out" tonight to see if I can sway her opinion. On second thought, I might ought to leave her alone for the best chance at going.
Just phrase it something like this. "Honey, I'm really excited about this KY thing. I want you to just relax, and be open minded. What do you think? I'd really like to go up there, but I want your permission first." ;)

On second thought..... Maybe you should just leave her alone...

I'll hold one of the extra beds for you for a week until you figure it out. Thing is, you would need a roomate, so hopefully someone else signs up to share your room. Or else your loding might be a little expensive for one person. But I do expect that one more person will join up in the next month.

Cool, mang. Jwilly is checking to see if he can come out and play also. We'll keep in touch as quickly as possible.

Awesome Shrek and Donkey JWilly and Scab off on another whirlwind, KY adventure. KY state that is, not the tube product.

:)

Let me see if I have this correct.

I just signed up to meet a bunch of guys I don't know in a park miles from my home to have the KY adventure of my life?

With that being said I have some questions.

Does anyone know of a good book on how to speak Appalachian-American? I want to be able to converse with the locals.

Is the county dry(alcohol not weather) where we are staying? Am I bringing or buying?

Jagermeister are you bringing Jagermeister? I have never had the privilege of trying it and what is a Jagerbomb?

Drew

Let me see if I have this correct.
I just signed up to meet a bunch of guys I don't know in a park miles from my home to have the KY adventure of my life?

With that being said I have some questions.

Does anyone know of a good book on how to speak Appalachian-American? I want to be able to converse with the locals.

Is the county dry(alcohol not weather) where we are staying? Am I bringing or buying?

Jagermeister are you bringing Jagermeister? I have never had the privilege of trying it and what is a Jagerbomb?

Drew
Ah, fresh northern blood! The only Appalachian-American you should worry about is "Oooh, he purty!" or any sentance ending with "sqeal like a pig."

On a previous thread (while the planning was in infancy), we discussed dry & wet counties. Beer is available within 5 minutes of each of these resorts. If you're partial to a particular liquor or brand, you may want to bring that.

Damn strait, I'm bringing Jager! You'll find religion in that dark, German nectar of the gods.

A Jagerbobmb is Jager and RedBull. College nightclub stuff, mostly. An unholy bastard, if you ask me.

I am interested in joining this ride. I may not be able to join up until the 12th am. Is their any rooms available, roomates needed? I would be riding solo out of Lancaster/Lexington KY.

I am interested in joining this ride. I may not be able to join up until the 12th am. Is their any rooms available, roomates needed? I would be riding solo out of Lancaster/Lexington KY.
Hey Lex! I am planning to ride over on the 12th very early as well....maybe we can pair up for the ride over there? I wont be able to stay that night, so when we hit Pine Mtn at the end of the day, I am going to have to break off and head back home on I-75. According to the GPS it looks like a 435 mile day! WOO HOO!

Welcome Lextrane,

I do believe that Scab is looking for a roomy. Might shoot him a PM. If I remember correctly, there was one spot left & Scab stood up to fill it. I think that his reservation would accomodate 2 riders... (you know, separate beds so you wouldn't need to sleep w/ his redheadedness) so, you might be golden.

I am really looking forward to shaking off the winter blues & doing this ride. Of course, here in VA, I can pretty much ride year round... but there is a point where I'll keep my bike out of the mountains for a few months. Right now, I'm chompin' at the bit to go.

It seems every day that I look at this thread, there is another EOM-past participant joining in. Keith, this is looking like a mini-EOM meet... w/ a line cook provided!

Our rooms arrangements are looking like a game of musical chairs. Here's what we got!

11th At Natural Bridge (No one paid yet, we pay when we get there)

1. Keithaba / Jager and S.O.

2. Drewvanracer / Borrec

3. Luvtoride / Haulin Ashe and Lovely Lady

4. Indianatom / Scab

Got their own rooms, meeting up at Natural Bridge in the A.M.

5. Ohio FJR and S.O.

6. Quicksilver and S.O.

12th At Pine Mountain

1. Keithaba / Indianatom

2. Luvtoride / Borrec

3. Drewvanracer / Scab

4. Haulin Ashe and Lovely Lady

Got their own rooms registered at Pine Mountain

5. Ohio FJR and S.O.

6. Quicksilver and S.O.

7. Jagermiester and S.O.

13th at Breaks Interstate Park

1. Keithaba / Scab (Drewvanracer gets the privelege of the floor)

2. Luvtoride / Borrec

got their own rooms registered at Breaks

3. Ohio FJR and S.O.

4. Quicksilver and S.O.

5. Jagermiester and S.O.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

As far as rooms go, we are full except for the 13th, Drew could use a roomate and then not have to stay on the floor!

hey folks. pardon the drive by here, but here in the roanoke/salem area forest fires and unbelievable winds have knocked out power for us for about a week, so I'm bored and sitting in the dark. poor syntax is due to my pda which is clunky to compose messages with. glad to see sw va getting some attention. for 18 years hungry mother was my back yard. breaks interstate is a pretty good ride and a really neat park with some good cliffs and not too far from some good white water for you steep creekers. anyone wanting to play around in that corner of va shoot me a message and I woule love to take you around. lots of back roads and national rec areas. if you like good food check out shatley springs in nc off of 58. great ride from marion. one could spennd a few days around here.

now back to you regularly scheduled program......

hey, me again. any problem with me meeting up with you all as you come thru here and tagging along that day? woulh love to put some faces to names...ky or no.