Signup For E. KY Ride April 11-14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I would really like to go on this ride but I am having serious room issues!

Pine Mountain wants $87.96 + taxes and fees and Breaks quoted me $72.99 +taxes and fees! OUCH! I also called Lil'Abners and that looks OK, but I can't afford these rates at Pine and Breaks and there is no group discount anymore!! Would anyone like a room mate?

Keith, thanks for the files but I can't get them to open in either my Magellan or in MS Streets & Trips. I take it that on Friday April 11th, the group is meeting at Natural Bridge state park and that we will be staying in that area for the day? I figure this because the hotel, Lil'Abners is just a few miles away! :unsure:

So if anyone would like to split the cost of these rooms I'm interested 'cause I stuck other wise!

Thanks,

Jay

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I would really like to go on this ride but I am having serious room issues! Pine Mountain wants $87.96 + taxes and fees and Breaks quoted me $72.99 +taxes and fees! OUCH! I also called Lil'Abners and that looks OK, but I can't afford these rates at Pine and Breaks and there is no group discount anymore!! Would anyone like a room mate?

Keith, thanks for the files but I can't get them to open in either my Magellan or in MS Streets & Trips. I take it that on Friday April 11th, the group is meeting at Natural Bridge state park and that we will be staying in that area for the day? I figure this because the hotel, Lil'Abners is just a few miles away! :unsure:

So if anyone would like to split the cost of these rooms I'm interested 'cause I stuck other wise!

Thanks,

Jay
Hope we can find one more person to come along. The prices are high for rooms, makes it a lot better when your splitting it. State parks always jack things up a little, but it is nice to be in the parks.

Kickstands up at 9:00 AM from Natural Bridge Park. From there, we go south to pine mountain. It would definately be best to meet up before we depart.

I rearanged my vacation time and am in for this ride. I made reservations at Nat. Bridge on the 11th, and Pine Mt on the 12th. Breaks was closed, I have to call them tomorrow.

Violione,

I PM'd you if you want to hook up on the rooms. If you want to do Lil Abners the 11th instead thats fine cuz all the Park had left was a cottage for $132, but I can cancell that.

Now the tough decision. 850 miles from CT to Slade. One day or two. Hmmmmmmm.

Well, there ya' go Jay! A roomy.

Looking forward to meeting you S76... or do I already know you. Met lots of folks at EOM. Almost always remember a face... not always good with names.

Is it April, yet???

Sh!t, I'm really ok with it NOT being April. (No offense to anyone attending this ride) I just want to go into the mountains REALLY soon.

I went flatland riding on Sunday. It felt good to be on the bike. It'll really feel good when I can finally go into the mountains. Cabin fever is getting to me.

All righty then,

I just PM'd S76 about possible room sharing. That's been my biggest issue, no rooms or can't afford (one) of them. I was thinking about camping, but Pine Mountain is a resort and has NO CAMP GROUNDS! What the ....? :angry2: We'll see what S76 says, I gave him some personal stuff about my habits, I hope I didn't scare him to much about the thing with the gerbils and screaming in my sleep! :dribble: (Just kidding!) We'll see, I think that I might be attending this shindig after all!

Violione

Also of interest... camping in April (in the mountains) can be really sketchy temperature-wise. I'd hate to have to come over to your campsite & chip you from your sleeping bag because you froze during the night. OOh, I'd hate that!

Getting all cheap hotels is probably the best solution.

All good.

Violione and I are all set. I finished the reservations. Seems like a good guy. He had no problem with me bringing my inflatable doll and didn't even flinch when I told him they only had "single bed" rooms available!

:D :D

I need to put the bike together as it's in a thousand pieces getting it's 30K tuneup, suspension upgrade, new Dunlops, and yearly disassembly and polish. Now, where did I put those Gerbings so I can get out of New England in April. I actually like to ride in the cold, but I don't like to be cold.

Can't wait for this ride. Thanks for having me.

How did that Reba song go...

"When whoever's in New England is through with you..., grab your Gerbings and I'll ride with you too..."

Sumpin like dat

The Violione is on board for the KY ride! Can't wait! :yahoo:

S76 sounds like you got to get cracking on putting the bike back together! I did fork oil, new fork springs, swing arm and pivot point maintenance just after Christmas, but haven't put a whole lot of LD miles on the bike since the service, just back and forth from work and an occasional ride with the Star Rider club members.

As I was telling Heidi, I got to burn some rubber off the Shinko's so I can get new skins for NAFO and EOM this year!

Well, I'll keep checking this thread to see what going, but April can't come soon enough!

V

As I was telling Heidi, I got to burn some rubber off the Stinkos so I can get new skins for NAFO and EOM this year!
There, I fixed it for ya'.

Jay, I'm sure that'll happen. I've got some rubber to burn myself b4 a new set. I figure that I'll be in need of new tires by the time that "rebate" for all of us US citizens comes flying around. That's what I'll be doin' with some of that money... stimulating the tire dealer called SWMoto. Being that I'm not a true-blue Avon enthusiast any longer, I think that this time I will try a full set of Strada's.

To keep on topic: Is it April, yet? I can't wait to see Keith dressed as a line cook.

[SIZE=12pt]It's only March 5th--- ACK! :eek:fftopic: Dang, lost the bolt out of the rear ABS sensor this week some how. Don't know how that happened, I even had Loc-Tight Blue on the threads after doing the swing arm and pivot point lube in January! I hope I can find a replacement bolt before April 10th. Catch that luvtoride, April 10th, half day hookie! :eek:rc: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=18pt]It's Alive![/SIZE]

Finished assembling the bike. Started right up first try after turning over twice. Not bad for sitting for 4 months without a battery tender or anything. I balanced the carbs in the basement and its ready to go. (You can only run a bike in the basement for 10 minutes before the carbon monoxide alarm goes off upstairs. Just in case you were wondering.)

Need to get a couple of shake down runs on it and see what tweaks need to be done to the suspension and that's about it. Good to go.

I'm pretty anxious to take it to work. It's $55 a week cheaper in gas than the truck. But even more anxious to take it to KY. Can't wait!

Finished assembling the bike. Started right up first try after turning over twice. Not bad for sitting for 4 months without a battery tender or anything. I balanced the carbs in the basement and its ready to go. (You can only run a bike in the basement for 10 minutes before the carbon monoxide alarm goes off upstairs. Just in case you were wondering.)

Need to get a couple of shake down runs on it and see what tweaks need to be done to the suspension and that's about it. Good to go.

I'm pretty anxious to take it to work. It's $55 a week cheaper in gas than the truck. But even more anxious to take to KY. Can't wait!
Good for you, and you got the bike fixed too! :)

My girls absolutely love it when the direct drive air compressor fires up in the garage. It's directly across the living room wall and blends in nicely with a scary movie at night.

When the CO alarm went off, did you say... "Honey, are you cookin' again?"

(I'm multiple-divorced)

:)

I'm pretty anxious to take it to work. It's $55 a week cheaper in gas than the truck. But even more anxious to take to KY. Can't wait!
Good for you, and you got the bike fixed too! :)

My girls absolutely love it when the direct :D drive air compressor fires up in the garage. It's directly across the living room wall and blends in nicely with a scary movie at night.

When the CO alarm went off, did you say... "Honey, are you cookin' again?"

(I'm multiple-divorced)

:)
:D :D

She wasn't too good of a cook when we first got married. But, then when she realized the smoke alarm and the oven timer had 2 different purposes things started to improve. (Nope, Brunette.)

Well, just about 1 month to go until we hit the appalachians!

I think everyone has the gps files already, other than Violione (I'll get them mapquested this week).

If anyone else needs gps files let me know.

Everything is lined up so far, now all we gotta do is wait and hope for good weather. We just got 12 inches of snow this weekend, so hopefully mother nature got the cold out of her system!

For the month of April, the average high is 67 and the average low is 46. However, we have seen highs in the upper 80's and lows all the way down to the 20's.

I'll be doing my good weather dance every night for the next month, which will hopefully land us highs in the mid 70's and lows in the upper 50's.

I hope you guys have some versatile gear. Gear with a removable liner would be good, as it tends to warm up quite a bit between 12:00 - 3:00.

Well, just about 1 month to go until we hit the appalachians!
I think everyone has the gps files already, other than Violione (I'll get them mapquested this week).

If anyone else needs gps files let me know.
I could use a copy of the route files if you have them. I was not aware that the route had been posted. I better go back and read some of the older messages. If you could send them to me at rickpat at usa dot com Thanks for making the files available. If it matters, I'm using a Garmin Zumo 550.