Signup For E. KY Ride April 11-14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, just about 1 month to go until we hit the appalachians!
I think everyone has the gps files already, other than Violione (I'll get them mapquested this week).

If anyone else needs gps files let me know.
I could use a copy of the route files if you have them. I was not aware that the route had been posted. I better go back and read some of the older messages. If you could send them to me at rickpat at usa dot com Thanks for making the files available. If it matters, I'm using a Garmin Zumo 550.
Do you have mapsource? What version?

Well, just about 1 month to go until we hit the appalachians!
I think everyone has the gps files already, other than Violione (I'll get them mapquested this week).

If anyone else needs gps files let me know.
I could use a copy of the route files if you have them. I was not aware that the route had been posted. I better go back and read some of the older messages. If you could send them to me at rickpat at usa dot com Thanks for making the files available. If it matters, I'm using a Garmin Zumo 550.
Do you have mapsource? What version?
Yes I have the latest ver. of Mapsource 6.13.7 which was available from Garmin a few weeks ago.

I hope you guys have some versatile gear. Gear with a removable liner would be good, as it tends to warm up quite a bit between 12:00 - 3:00.
I am planning to wear my mesh & bring my pants liner & heated jacket liner. I'm thinking that I'll be good to go with those items. Also in tow... a pair of flannel lined jeans. I believe in being prepared.

Keith, are you packing your spatula?

I'm bringing a heated liners, heated gloves, T-shirt and a thong. Oh, you didn't need to know that did you!?

:)

(I didn't say who they are for! Perverts!!!)

I'm bringing a heated liners, heated gloves, T-shirt and a thong.
(I didn't say who they are for! Perverts!!!)
At this point, I don't think it matters. Say what you will, but redemption won't be found in a reassignment of words.

You're just a sic mo-fo, and that's all there is to it.

Embrace your sickness. Be true to yourself. Make the Village People proud.

Butt-floss-boy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo, Admins! Could I get a little correction made to the JeffAshe title?

Could you change the "HaulinAshe" to "Flossin'Ashe?"

You think he'll update his avatar for that one? (think Fencer)

You think he'll update his avatar for that one? (think Fencer)
Besides, that isn't what Jeff's avatar should say.

As usual I'll be riding with the music playing too loud. So when we stop you'll have to give me a moment to shut the thing off.

I won't say what I'm wearing while I'm riding but they do make me feel free!

Steve

[SIZE=12pt]Late Breaking News - Roomie needed for KY Ride![/SIZE]

S76 has a family commitment and will not be able to attend but has offered me the reservations he made for this trip. I was to be his roomie but now I looking for a roomie!

If anyone is interested in this KY ride, PM me ASAP, PLEASE????!!!! Not sure how long S76 will be able to hold the reservations before he either needs to hand them over to me or cancel.

Thanks,

Violione

P.S. - previous post about screaming in my sleep was just good fun, no really! :unsure:

Jay, I think that Keith mentioned Drewvanracer at Breaks. If Drew indeed wanted to join, perhaps one night would be covered since he's supposed to sleep on someones floor.

Jay, I think that Keith mentioned Drewvanracer at Breaks. If Drew indeed wanted to join, perhaps one night would be covered since he's supposed to sleep on someones floor.

Yes a bed would be nice. Only if you don't get someone to take up your offer for the weekend.

Drew

Yes a bed would be nice. Only if you don't get someone to take up your offer for the weekend.

Drew

Hey Drew,

Are you doing the whole trip Friday through Sunday?

I was luckily enough to find S76 offering to share his reservations, it would have benefited us both cutting the cost in half for this trip, but if I am back to square one, the first night at Natural Bridge would bust my budget wide open; I would have to go without gas and food for the next three days! :blink: I have even though about camping, but Heidi has said that she refuses to chip the ice off my sleeping bag each morning! :glare:

Drew

Hey Drew,

I was luckily enough to find S76 offering to share his reservations, it would have benefited us both cutting the cost in half for this trip, but if I am back to square one, the first night at Natural Bridge would bust my budget wide open; I would have to go without gas and food for the next three days! :blink: I have even though about camping, but Heidi has said that she refuses to chip the ice off my sleeping bag each morning! :glare:
Drew has a room already for the first two nights. If no one else can come, the best thing to do would be to just go to the Lil Abner motel the first night. Only $45. I think that's less than what it costs to split a cabin. The second night, I don't know what you'll do. I'm not sure if there are any cheap hotels around Pine Mountain. The third night you can split a room with Drew at breaks.

Drew

Hey Drew,

Drew has a room already for the first two nights. If no one else can come, the best thing to do would be to just go to the Lil Abner motel the first night. Only $45. I think that's less than what it costs to split a cabin. The second night, I don't know what you'll do. I'm not sure if there are any cheap hotels around Pine Mountain. The third night you can split a room with Drew at breaks.
Keith,

Thanks for clarifying.

Drew

Well, it looks as though this may end up being my first ride of the new year. (f'in weather ruined last weekend!) I'm busy for the next couple of weeks, sooooo IS IT APRIL 10TH YET?

Well, I am still on for the ride. I am going to get rooms at Lil'Abners and then in Middleburg and I trying tomorrow to get the room at Breaks switched over to my credit card. We'll see if Drewvanracer is still looking for a roomie.

Heidi, this weekend was a bummer; the wife and one of the girls came down with the flu Friday night and then Saturday morning. I had to be Dr. Dad over the weekend. Poor girls, they were sickies. :bad:

Until the next episode,

Violione