Signup For E. KY Ride April 11-14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm soooo glad ya'll are still having fun with all this trailer and fiance BS.
I suppose that you figured that ignoring the comments, like your mom used to tell you to do w/ bullies, we'd forget those two little tidbits?

Scab, from what I understand there is plenty of coal to be found in SE Kentucky hills... so, a lump of coal is sounding like a real live likelihood as a tangible souvenir.

I'm good to go!

I'm vacationing with wife/kids in Bryson City, NC for 5 days then heading out on bike Wed. April 9 to Beckley WV. I'm riding around New river Gorge Thursday then will head over to Natural Bridge KY Friday. I booked a room at the Lil' Abner Motel in Natural Bridge and will catch up with you sometime Friday. I'll ride with the group Sat. and have booked a room at Pine Mtn State Park.

If anybody wants to pm me their cell phone # I'll send mine.

Steve

I'm good to go!I'm vacationing with wife/kids in Bryson City, NC for 5 days then heading out on bike Wed. April 9 to Beckley WV. I'm riding around New river Gorge Thursday then will head over to Natural Bridge KY Friday. I booked a room at the Lil' Abner Motel in Natural Bridge and will catch up with you sometime Friday. I'll ride with the group Sat. and have booked a room at Pine Mtn State Park.

If anybody wants to pm me their cell phone # I'll send mine.

Steve
Kewel, another joiner. Welcome Steve. Looking forward to meeting you.

Tha Lil Abner Motel.... how far is it from Natural Bridge? I may have a local friend iterested in coming if he can indeed find lodging. I think that is the only bound up lodge, correct?

Off topic: Been meaning to ask you... that avatar... that's one hell of a goose egg. Is that your yungun' critter? He's a cutie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil Abner is really close to the park, about 2 miles. It's an older motel, but I've stayed there and the rooms are generally clean. Should be pretty cheap too.

Clicky

I know they have 2 double bed rooms. Same with pine mountain. Steve said he could use a roomie on Sat. maybe he could use one Fri. at the Abner as well.

We are up to 9 and a 1/2 bikes now! (Scabs FZ6 only counts as 1/2 since it's only 600cc) :bleh:

EDIT* Wait, since OhioFJR is coming on a goldwing, that counts for 1.5 bikes due to weight. That means with his and scab's bike combined, we are at 10!!!!

Off topic: Been meaning to ask you... that avatar... that's one hell of a goose egg. Is that your yungun' critter? He's a cutie.

Yeah, That's my boy a year ago-he whacks his head all the time (just like I used to) and doesn't even blink.

3 weeks ago he fell out of bed and hit his head on the night table, got up and went back to bed. He got up and the morning and came into our room sucking his thumb, face covered in blood. My wife said "Andrew what happened?". She took him to a surgeon where she works and he gave him 5 stitches. She said he never blinked and just talked to the Dr. and nurse the whole time. They freaked out that a 3 year old did so well.

Kid's a trip!

Lil' Abner motel located on 1000 Natural Bridge road so can't be too far from park. Room was $45 including tax.

Steve

Steve,

Buy that kid a 50cc, chest protector, boots and helmet. I'll build his engines.

:)

PM Sent

You can call my cell and I can converse with you from the bike. Might come in handy if you are trying to meet up with the group after everyone is mobile.

Steve,Buy that kid a 50cc, chest protector, boots and helmet. I'll build his engines.

PM Sent

You can call my cell and I can converse with you from the bike. Might come in handy if you are trying to meet up with the group after everyone is mobile.
I'm looking forward to getting him (and me) a little dirt bike, he has no fear.

Thanks for the cell # I'll send you mine as well.

Steve

Steve, you lookin' for a roomy?
I'll spare you the horror. I have sleep apnea and look like a freak show hooked up when I sleep. Also I alternate with the machine making odd noises when I sleep. Other than that I'm normal.....

I only feel comfortable making my wife suffer nightly.

Steve

I'll definitely take that as a no. Like I said earlier on, I have a friend who might be interested in joining & he'd be the one suffering thru the freak show.

Will tell him of the cheap rates, though.

Somebody print this out and bring it on the trip. I want to show this to Karen in person.

Hey, that can be my souvenir! A picture of Jeff getting his ass kicked in the parking lot!

Somebody print this out and bring it on the trip. I want to show this to Karen in person.

Hey, that can be my souvenir! A picture of Jeff getting his ass kicked in the parking lot!
He could use it as an avitars as well! :clapping:
Or...even better, she could sign up as a member and use it for HER avatar! Her forum name could be: Kickin' Ashe!

What makes you think GF is the least bit interested in marrying ME?

Hell, she just likes the way I ride. Says it's better than a weekend pass at Busch Gardens.

Now can we please get back on topic here? After all, this is the East KY ride thread.

He could use it as an avitars as well! :clapping:
Or...even better, she could sign up as a member and use it for HER avatar! Her forum name could be: Kickin' Ashe!
:lol2: :lol2:

I'm sorry--off topic laughter -- you guys are gonna have SOME fun in KY, that's fer sure!

Keith,

Are there any rooms left?? Heidi is bugging the crap out of me to go on this ride and it sounds like fun. :rolleyes: Do you have a map of the route? My GPS is an Magellan, so the Garmin files won't work on it. I will have to input way points manually, its easier with a map to look at.

Thanks,

Jay (Violione)

Keith,
Are there any rooms left?? Heidi is bugging the crap out of me to go on this ride and it sounds like fun. :rolleyes: Do you have a map of the route? My GPS is an Magellan, so the Garmin files won't work on it. I will have to input way points manually, its easier with a map to look at.

Thanks,

Jay (Violione)
PM headed your way.

Keith,

Thanks,

Jay (Violione)
Jay, You are welcome to come along, but I'm not sure how to figure out rooming at this point. Rooms are already worked out, and I cancelled all other pending reservations.

Here's what I would reccommend. Get your own room at Lil Abner motel (listed above) on the 11th for 45 bucks.

Look around for a cheaper place to stay at pine mountain.

Room with Drewvanracer at Breaks, as he is supposed to sleep on the floor right now, but could use a roommate.

Short of another person signing up, I'm not really sure how to work it out.

As for GPS files, does anyone know if you can save the files under a format from mapsource that can be opened with the magellen software?