Sliders-2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
Has anyone found sliders for the 13? I just grabbed the set that was on my 07 and they are not going on the 13 without plastic cutting, which will not happen to my new bike.

My wrencher (Dustin @ DTR Motorsports) is pretty sure he can get a standard pair on by shaving them just a bit to clear the plastic. I'll keep you posted.

I ordered the Euro ones, they should be here soon we will see how they look...a little over $400 with shipping.

R

I ordered the Euro ones, they should be here soon we will see how they look...a little over $400 with shipping.

R
Yamaha-Canada has them listed at $299 on their website. Is there any reason(s) not to go that route, as I would think that shipping would be less expensive than Europe?

Mostly because i didn't think to look there.......

I just looked there and it appears you can't buy them online....you have to send your list to a dealer near you...

R

Last edited by a moderator:
i am guessing by the time i get shipping from Canada and import duty they will be close to $400 also.

R

Yamaha-Canada has them listed at $299 on their website. Is there any reason(s) not to go that route, as I would think that shipping would be less expensive than Europe?
I have a pair on order and they are in stock. Yamaha Canada has a $500 gift card for accessories, so I ordered those and the mirror mounted handguards, on the condition that if I don't like the looks of the handguards, I don't have to take them, since no one can show us pics of what they look like from the mirror side.

This is how shitty the hand guards look.......

file-3.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

Hope this helps

R

I really don't see how those are any more or less ugly than the VStrom guards everyone uses. They are definitely a farkle with a need for function over form.

That hideous paint job certainly doesn't help though.

I really don't see how those are any more or less ugly than the VStrom guards everyone uses. They are definitely a farkle with a need for function over form.

2003, 2010, or 2011 silver. And I think Armadillo boy was talking about the funky reflective police decals.

Those are HUGE. Wait till you see them in the flesh so to speak. I don't think the V-strom guards are ugly. Guess I have been looking at them long enough that they just seem part of the bike. A part that should have been there from the factory.

Those are HUGE. Wait till you see them in the flesh so to speak. I don't think the V-strom guards are ugly. Guess I have been looking at them long enough that they just seem part of the bike. A part that should have been there from the factory.
Yeah, now that I look more, the VStrom guards may not be as obvious; although, still not pretty, they seem like they'll be more functional than the mirror mount ones. Just because they're closer to the hands.

And, I was talking about the Police decals. There's no mistaking those bikes.

Thanks for the pics of the mirror mounted "handguards".

According to Fairlaner, the Vstrom handguards will not fit 2013 FJR, as they will hit the cockpit at full lock.

I'm not crazy about the look, but - for me - the price is right. There's nothing else in the OEM accessories list that I would want, and I have $500 credit to use up.

Back to the 2013 sliders, I look forward to Fairlaner's assessment of their functionality, pics and installation. Mine have been ordered and will be delivered when I pick up the new bike in the next week or so.