Sliders-2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont plan on trying there functionality
rolleyes.gif
but i will let you know how they fit....

And as far as the Vstrom hands guards i am planning on reevaluating them at the tech day this weekend....I think they might fir with the Heli Risers....

Will let you know.

R

I dont plan on trying there functionality
rolleyes.gif
but i will let you know how they fit....

And as far as the Vstrom hands guards i am planning on reevaluating them at the tech day this weekend....I think they might fir with the Heli Risers....

Will let you know.

R
The hand guards would be a good thing. I have to find something other than $400 sliders.

I just think any kind of regular sliders that are "made" to clear the plastic will not be very strong due to the length needed to clear the fairing.

R

Sliders didn't help this guy........

Follow up pictures of the guy who went over the edge of the dock........

Lolo2.jpg

480048_10151149226126994_179892302_n.jpg

R

not sure what you mean by ISSI number?????

ok so the sliders arrived today and i gotta say i am NOT very happy that you have to remove and cut both fairings.......

Tech day tomorrow....

R

not sure what you mean by ISSI number?????

ok so the sliders arrived today and i gotta say i am NOT very happy that you have to remove and cut both fairings.......

Tech day tomorrow....

R
How much are they asking you to cut? Are we talking a couple of channels with a dremel or is this major surgery time?

FWIW - Here is the reply from GSG-Mototechnik.de on their sliders:

Hello,

thanks for your interest on our produce and your question.

We have produce new frame sliders for FJR 1300 "13" and can send out
in the middle of januar 2013 - cost price for a set ca. 169,00 EUR
For mounting you must not cut the fairing.

with best regards E. Schweppe

it is not very much and it won't be visible even with the sliders removed....I guess i will be doing it soon....pictures to follow.

R