Sliders-2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FairlanerCan you please post the link to get sliders?Also , I am not at all a tech guy, will yamaha dealer install it for us ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, a shout from Germany. Yesterday I signed the contract for the 2013! My 2007 Dark Cherry is now history. I will be having the Yamaha sliders put on mine as well as the color coordinated foot guards installed prior to pick-up in February. I bought the color "Magnetic Bronze" (VDO0M1) I will state there is no, repeat no cutting necessary for either farkle if you are using the original Yamaha equipment. I will be installing the sliders from Yamaha for the 2013 and the part number # is 1MC-211DO-00-00. If any of you guys are serious and want original Yamaha sliders or foot guards (in your bike color) that go directly on your bike without cutting, ect, and the US doesn't have them, perhaps I can be of assistance. Again, no cutting, easy direct mounting on both items. Okay, outta here....Happy Holidays!

not sure what you mean by ISSI number?????

ok so the sliders arrived today and i gotta say i am NOT very happy that you have to remove and cut both fairings.......

Tech day tomorrow....

R
It's tomorrow. No rush. How'd it go? Pics yet? No rush. It's tomorrow though......
rolleyes.gif

<snip> Also , I am not at all a tech guy, will yamaha dealer install it for us ?
Once you have the sliders, I'm sure any Yamaha dealer would be happy to install for you. Other than what sounds like some minor fairing trimming from fairlaner, it's a bolt on proposition.

--G

I ordered the Euro ones, they should be here soon we will see how they look...a little over $400 with shipping.

R
Yamaha-Canada has them listed at $299 on their website. Is there any reason(s) not to go that route, as I would think that shipping would be less expensive than Europe?
I ordered mine from Bob's Motorsport - Canada total cost including shipping to US is 328.65.

I am a little nervous about having to trim the fairing.

Holy cow...$330 for sliders?? Someone needs to take their '13 into OES Accessories and get them measured. They're in Tennessee...Sheesh.

I ordered mine from Bob's Motorsport - Canada total cost including shipping to US is 328.65.

I am a little nervous about having to trim the fairing.
Post #41 says you DON'T have to trim the fairing.

Waiting to see what Fairlaner does his show and tell.
wink.png

Richard installed his sliders yesterday at his tech meet, we also installed the Canyon cage on another bike, my Canyon cage will be waiting for me when I get home the cage was less than the sliders, $255.00 with the group buy.

Richard installed his sliders yesterday at his tech meet, we also installed the Canyon cage on another bike, my Canyon cage will be waiting for me when I get home the cage was less than the sliders, $255.00 with the group buy.
And, it most likely will give better protection than the sliders.

Hey, a shout from Germany. Yesterday I signed the contract for the 2013! My 2007 Dark Cherry is now history. I will be having the Yamaha sliders put on mine as well as the color coordinated foot guards installed prior to pick-up in February. I bought the color "Magnetic Bronze" (VDO0M1) I will state there is no, repeat no cutting necessary for either farkle if you are using the original Yamaha equipment. I will be installing the sliders from Yamaha for the 2013 and the part number # is 1MC-211DO-00-00. If any of you guys are serious and want original Yamaha sliders or foot guards (in your bike color) that go directly on your bike without cutting, ect, and the US doesn't have them, perhaps I can be of assistance. Again, no cutting, easy direct mounting on both items. Okay, outta here....Happy Holidays!
WRONG.......you do have to cut the fairing to install the Yamaha sliders......this is me doing just that......

file-63.jpg

file-42.jpg

vot say you now?

R

ok guys wine always kicks my ass and right now i am on my 2nd glass of very good cabernet......

Having said that...the slider install yesterday was NOT that hard to do and they look cool.

file-100.jpg

file-99.jpg

R

And easy is not a term i would use for the installation....take it to a dealer for installation and you will probably get your bike back missing a few tabs on the fairing.....

R