Sliders-2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks R for your generous offer. I tried to PM you and it said "Failaner cannot receive PMs"...

You would think the fairing would have been designed with the cutouts in place, since they are on the under side and are not visible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, a shout from Germany. Yesterday I signed the contract for the 2013! My 2007 Dark Cherry is now history. I will be having the Yamaha sliders put on mine as well as the color coordinated foot guards installed prior to pick-up in February. I bought the color "Magnetic Bronze" (VDO0M1) I will state there is no, repeat no cutting necessary for either farkle if you are using the original Yamaha equipment. I will be installing the sliders from Yamaha for the 2013 and the part number # is 1MC-211DO-00-00. If any of you guys are serious and want original Yamaha sliders or foot guards (in your bike color) that go directly on your bike without cutting, ect, and the US doesn't have them, perhaps I can be of assistance. Again, no cutting, easy direct mounting on both items. Okay, outta here....Happy Holidays!
WRONG.......you do have to cut the fairing to install the Yamaha sliders......this is me doing just that......

file-63.jpg

file-42.jpg

vot say you now?

R

My humble apologies (please pass the salt and pepper...... this crow I am now eating needs a little spicing up!) Cutting is required to install the original Yammie sliders on the 2013 FJR. My trusted and respected Yammie dealer of 6 years stated he misunderstood what I had asked and said that only the color coordinated foot guards will not require any type of cutting on the fairing to be installed. I hate to be wrong on issues such as this and went to discuss the matter with Yamaha. So after a serious discussion with the dealer today, I expressed my concerns about cutting the new fairing and the fact that he didn't know what he was talking about, I will have my sliders delivered and installed on my 2013 at no charge!
smile.png
Happy New Year all!!!

Thanks R for your generous offer. I tried to PM you and it said "Failaner cannot receive PMs"...

You would think the fairing would have been designed with the cutouts in place, since they are on the under side and are not visible.
PM is now cleared out...

R

My humble apologies (please pass the salt and pepper...... this crow I am now eating needs a little spicing up!) Cutting is required to install the original Yammie sliders on the 2013 FJR. My trusted and respected Yammie dealer of 6 years stated he misunderstood what I had asked and said that only the color coordinated foot guards will not require any type of cutting on the fairing to be installed. I hate to be wrong on issues such as this and went to discuss the matter with Yamaha. So after a serious discussion with the dealer today, I expressed my concerns about cutting the new fairing and the fact that he didn't know what he was talking about, I will have my sliders delivered and installed on my 2013 at no charge!
smile.png
Happy New Year all!!!
No problem....Skooter and I were on our 2nd bottle of wine when i posted that......

They are nice and easy to install, hopefully the dealer will not break and tabs off while he is doing it.....If they do you know they ain't gonna tell you.

R

Received my sliders and mirror mounted Yamaha handguards:

i-qgTKHs6-XL.jpg

What's hard to see in the above picture, is the presence of rubber bumpers that attach to the flat sections and rest against the mounting surface (which is the front lower end of the frame and not the engine itself, see pic below). You can see in the event of dropping the bike, the impact is not concentrated on the solely on the mounting bosses.

The right side mounts in place of the 2 large bolts at the bottom right and upper left:

i-pSGF65n-XL.jpg

Left side: mounts to the 2 large bolts, lower left and upper right:

i-hGnx8vj-XL.jpg

Given the bit of work required to remove the fairing and no instructions given on how to do so, I'm not sure I'm going to mount these.. I might end up posting them for sale.
sad.png