Sliders-2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those do not look like I expected. This is what I was looking for.

d-1_zpsdc420a53.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the look of those Fairlaner, nice job! Looking at your photo's I can't tell where you needed to cut the fairing. Is the cut visible after everything is reassembled?

The cuts required on both sides of the fairing are at places you can't see unless you are on the ground looking up. No big deal.

I knew there could be an advantage to a higher VIN# my 2013 FJR has the clearance for the slider already made at the factory. So, no cutting required if I would decide to install these sliders....
smilingsmiley.gif

I knew there could be an advantage to a higher VIN# my 2013 FJR has the clearance for the slider already made at the factory. So, no cutting required if I would decide to install these sliders....
smilingsmiley.gif
are you sure Petey?

I think you are looking at this part on the left of the picture...

file-29.jpg

R

Thanks Richard for the pictorial...

Well. I'm totally disappointed.. I really don't want to be removing the fairing and cutting it.. I may have to wait for a better aftermarket solution.

For sale: Gen III OEM Yamaha sliders, brand new, never installed!!
sadsmiley02.gif

smilingsmiley.gif
are you sure Petey?

I think you are looking at this part on the left of the picture...

file-29.jpg

R
Richard, I stand corrected, the clearence cut is done on the right side, correct? I was looking on the bottom of the left side...sorry..carry on.

I do not like the looks of this option, (too Gold Wing/Pacific Coast style). I have emailed R&G to see when they expect to have conventional sliders available.

Merry Christmas all!!

Thanks Richard for the pictorial...

Well. I'm totally disappointed.. I really don't want to be removing the fairing and cutting it.. I may have to wait for a better aftermarket solution.

For sale: Gen III OEM Yamaha sliders, brand new, never installed!!
sadsmiley02.gif
How much?...

Actually Petey you have to cut both sides of the bike...

Here

file-62.jpg

and here

file-32.jpg

It is very easy to do once you get the fairing off.

R

Do they at least provide you with instructions on how to remove the fairing?

Do they at least provide you with instructions on how to remove the fairing?
Good question! And about how long did it take for you to complete the job?

My sliders just arrived, I am planning on installing them this Saturday.

Thx

Guess I should have added that they were shipped to a friend's, have had packages disappear before off the front porch, so I cannot reference the instructions to see if they include removing the plastic...

No they do not include those instructions......

but thats why i have a cell phone....PM for the number.

R

"not sure what you mean by ISSI number?????"

Sorry Failiner thought you were in the UK. On the Police bike there was a piece of yellow tape on the handlebar stating ISSI ............

That is the individual radio number in the UK Police communication network. You would have to be on the inside to make that call if you know what I mean

ahhh now i do.....I spent my first 29 years in UK but then came to my senses and moved to California.....

Come back for Vacation almost every year hence the picture...

R