Smuggler Alternative

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny80s

Turtle Gears
Reaction score
While looking for a smuggler alternative called the Tail Gunner Case for my GS1200 I came across this website.

GSessories.com

They sell a small lockable trunk that can be mounted to the rear rack or probably in place of the rear seat if you had a few skills. I think mounting it to the rear rack would be pretty straight forward. They make a special rack for mounting it to a GS in place of the rear seat. You can buy the case without the mount for $189 for the grey case and $199 for the black case. They have other colors too.

Hope this helps out some of you with smuggler envy.

IMG_1678.jpg

I have a smuggler and this makes me a little envious. When day tripping two up no saddle bags this would provide a place for stuff. Not quite as big and clunky as a top case.

Joe

Thanks Johnny! Me Likey! It'll do what a smuggler will do without sacrificing the rear seat. I want one. It'll be the perfect Birthday/Christmas present for myself! I deserve it! :lol:

Thanks Johnny! Me Likey! It'll do what a smuggler will do without sacrificing the rear seat. I want one. It'll be the perfect Birthday/Christmas present for myself! I deserve it! :lol:
WHAT??? No jimmykicks from the North Pole this year???
Jesu Cristo RadioHowie, I would have thought that majicmaker would have gotten himself a larger black "thermos" bottle at the very least!

Johnny you gonna get a pink one?

R
No shite, Sherlock! Papa Chuy wants every Forumite to know the BMW R1200GS johnny80s now owns was once owned by a muy macho y mucho malo Hombre named Enrique "Henry" Garza.

This action picture is of Señor Garza blasting across the Salt River at 60 mph, Goombah johnny80s "El Puto Grande" wouldn't cross a kiddies pool let alone tackle a water crossing like this one!

CRW_4002.jpg

WHAT??? No jimmykicks from the North Pole this year???
Jesu Cristo RadioHowie, I would have thought that majicmaker would have gotten himself a larger black "thermos" bottle at the very least!
Howie, Nope! No jimmy kicks as of yet. I'm in charge of my Christmas list! :lol:

Papa Chuy! :finger: :

Johnny, is the base plate universal to all of the boxes? I can attach it to my Top Case plate easy enough. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
They give dimensions on site. Yes it will hold a thermos and there would be room for a spare pair of gloves as well as some of Bust's rubber toys. Now if I can get them to make a pilon mount, or I can modify my spare rear seat pan.....

Last edited by a moderator: