SOLD OUT! Skooter G and Papa Chuy ride FJR's to Cabo San Lucas!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, if we just had a hot red headed nurse to accompany us on this ride, we'd be all squared away on Medical Preparedness side; maybe a La Canadiense para Nuevo Brunswicko!?
Hubba, hubba.

:unsure:

Pancho Grande, are there plenty of bladder-relief stations along this route?

Seeing the guest list, and knowing how "seasoned" are many of these hijos de puta .....

Now, if we just had a hot red headed nurse to accompany us on this ride, we'd be all squared away on Medical Preparedness side; maybe a La Canadiense para Nuevo Brunswicko!?
Hubba, hubba.

Pancho Grande, are there plenty of bladder-relief stations along this route?

Seeing the guest list, and knowing how "seasoned" are many of these hijos de puta .....
Outstanding Mick, nice to see you speaking Spanish! Hijos de putas...Sons of bitches!

This is going to be a pleasure cruise, plenty of time for photo opportunities and pissing.

Who in the world ever told you that was a dirt road? Don't listen to dcarver, he just wants it to be a dirt road!

Rudy Lopez (who may also want to go as he speaks fluent New Mexican) drove over the road you mention to Bahia de Los Angeles 2 years ago with his truck towing a boat. He said it jiggled his BB's all the way to the playa. The pic you send is of a good piece of it!

We are on the same page Don, just don't expect perfection when you are try to line up all these wet cats and lead them out of the lake. I may be one of the worst in terms of compliance, but for now, I'm with you Papa Chuy!

BTW, It will be Whale watching season in March.

News Flash! They may be running out of Tequila in the next 20 years or so due to the bulldozing of the Agave in Baja. Apparently, corn is the new cash crop for the production of Ethanol. Maybe I'll try to drink my fill this year (instead of Slibivitza), before the Sonoran desert runs dry?

If anyone is interested, here's a write up from my last Baja Fiasco.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;hl=Baja+Trip

Firefox sucks!

Who in the world ever told you that was a dirt road? Don't listen to dcarver, he just wants it to be a dirt road!
Rudy Lopez (who may also want to go as he speaks fluent New Mexican) drove over the road you mention to Bahia de Los Angeles 2 years ago with his truck towing a boat. He said it jiggled his BB's all the way to the playa. The pic you send is of a good piece of it!

We are on the same page Don, just don't expect perfection when you are try to line up all these wet cats and lead them out of the lake. I may be one of the worst in terms of compliance, but for now, I'm with you Papa Chuy!

BTW, It will be Whale watching season in March.

News Flash! They may be running out of Tequila in the next 20 years or so due to the bulldozing of the Agave in Baja. Apparently, corn is the new cash crop for the production of Ethanol. Maybe I'll try to drink my fill this year (instead of Slibivitza), before the Sonoran desert runs dry?

If anyone is interested, here's a write up from my last Baja Fiasco.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...mp;hl=Baja+Trip

Firefox sucks!
Hola Jorge, Please tell Rudy he is cordially invited to join this ride! Please look at Post #139 and Paragraph Three above. With Mi Sobrino Enrique coming along, we now can expand this trip to accept more riders. With Henry being a Native Speaker en Espanol he will lead the first group of seven, The Cisco Kid will take the middle group of seven and Pancho (Papa Chuy) will lead the last group of seven; total now of 24. I will take the jerkoffs in my group: Old Michael, HotRodZilla, ShinyPartsUp, Tucson Joe, dcarver, Big-D and Yourself!

Three muy Bueno points, Khunajawdge: 1) Si, the picture RJ took is of the very best section of the Highway One to BOLA Road! Senor Lopez is correct: This road is a real nut slapper, though it was paved only ten years ago, it was a very cheaply done paving job. ATENCION, MUY PELIGRO: I know full well that this Roster List contains FJR jockeys with heavy throttle hands, but you absolutely cannot ride anywhere near 100% in Mexico without winding up in an ambulance. Take this road as an example, looks great in this picture and you could ride this section at 160 kilometers an hour. BUT AMIGOS, just ten klicks down the road you will encounter potholes a foot deep and breakout sections of asphalt than can be a meter across! Wherever we are at on the Roadways of Mexico, never forget the potholes and breakouts.

2) Jorge is also correct, we stand an outstanding chance of seeing Las Ballenas (whales) on this trip. If there is enough interest, we can modify the Itinerary for a whale watching trip.

3) Que Lastima con Tequila. Khunajawdge is also right on this very serious issue, we of the FJR Forum (after we have secured our bike keys each night!) must drink as much Tequila as we possibly can on this trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hubba, hubba.

OM - you're : unsure : about the "Hubba, hubba"?

Bite me

:D ( :unsure: )

Edit: beemerdons - I'm here for you, baby :wub:

626689201_QFWvw-Th.jpg

I just think he's unsure about using the term properly and with the correct amount of respect and adoration that beemerdons does. ;)
Miss Tyler, I believe you fully know I've a real fondness for beautiful red headed Irish lasses, with dazzling smiles such as yours. Por favor, you are also cordially invited to join us on this Baja California Expedtion. Ai Caramba, I will kick off one of these hairy legged and ugly Pachucos to make room for you on this trip. Starting with OM, dcarver and ShinyPartsUp!

I just think he's unsure about using the term properly and with the correct amount of respect and adoration that beemerdons does. ;)
Miss Tyler, I believe you fully know I've a real fondness for beautiful red headed Irish lasses, with dazzling smiles such as yours. Por favor, you are also cordially invited to join us on this Baja California Expedtion. Ai Caramba, I will kick off one of these hairy legged and ugly Pachucos to make room for you on this trip. Starting with OM, dcarver and ShinyPartsUp!
Ah, Don, mi amigo, thank you for the invite. I actually considered it but realized it will conflict with a previous engagement (I'll be performing a musical - first time in about 15 years!) so I will be unable to attend this time. So those hairy legged Pachucos are safe... for now. ;)

Some very nice shots taken on the fly by SkooterG! Fast Eddie getting ready to pass Skooty, on his BMW GS From Hell! Hombre, I wish I could shoot M/C photos on the move as well as Greg does!!

Baja058.jpg

Baja053.jpg

Baja178.jpg

Baja200.jpg

Baja065.jpg

Bienvenidos mis Amigos, Skooter G-The Cisco Kid and Pancho-Papa Chuy welcome you to our Mexico. Tour is now open to 24 riders, so let us know if you want to join up with Los Vatos Locos ese!

Baja095.jpg

Baja097.jpg

Atencion: I wanted to let the Baja Travelers know "old Pilot" Fred is now part of the group. He asked a very pertinent question regarding daily costs of this trip. Figure at least $110+ for daily expenses.

"Hola Fred, que Paso:

Past experience over many years shows me it runs me $100 a day in 2010 to M/C travel in Mexico. When I first rode into Mexico 40 years ago, amount was only $35 a day. Just for grins and giggles, I'd forecast a cost of $110 in 2011, I can't imagine it costing much more than that. Based upon a double occupancy of the lodgings!

Daily Lodging, shared with somebody: $40

Daily Mexican Insurance and Mexico Tourist Permit Card ($20 and is good for 180 days), based on 10 days of bike insurance secured: $15

Daily Fuel Costs, based upon 360 miles a day: $25

Desayuno y La Comida Noche, Papa doesn't do Lunch: $20

Papa Chuy's Daily Tequila, Cerveza y Kahlua Allotment: $20

Naturally, excursions will cost more per person: Figure $60 a day for the Whale Watching Excursion at Scammon's Lagoon, $40 a day for your share of a sport fishing boat for a day's rental with Skipper and Deck Hand (based of a group of 8 anglers!), figure $20 a person for a Sunset Cocktail Cruise of Loreto Bay, La Paz Bay, Bay at Ensenanda, Bay at Cabo San Lucas, etceteras! $80+ for Whorehouses.

Recuerdos y Suerte,

Pancho, aka Papa Chuy

Cell: 480-440-4666

[email protected]

Beemerdons,

This ride sounds like fun & I would be very interested, could meet up with Rushes here in ARK and make our way southwest. As an old fart on a limited fixed income my concern is the cost.

Do you have any estimate of the total costs for lodging and any required fees? I drink cheap beer and love arroz con frijoles negro so can keep my food costs low.

Thanks,

Fred"

Atencion mis Amigos: I just wanted to verify and confirm that ShinyPartsUp is indeed on the list of Baja Travelers. Old Michael called me up all upset because he thought that SPU was not going to Mexico with him, OM said he would cry himself to sleep every night if Shiny wasn't there with him. I am not quite sure who is on top with those two "Happy" Irishmen!!!

Atencion mis Amigos: I just wanted to verify and confirm that ShinyPartsUp is indeed on the list of Baja Travelers. Old Michael called me up all upset because he thought that SPU was not going to Mexico with him, OM said he would cry himself to sleep every night if Shiny wasn't there with him. I am not quite sure who is on top with those two "Happy" Irishmen!!!
That gold digger Old Michael must have lied again. He told me that he sleeps with your picture under his pillow every night. :lol:

DonOn my last trip in April of '07 the immigration office down by the harbor was for people arriving by boat only. They said I should have gotten the tourist card at the border but a few Yankee dollars cleared up the "misunderstanding". You didn't have bribes on your daily expense list. ;D
Max, I have ONLY gotten my Tourist Permit Card at the Ensendada Harbor for my Baja travels; then I have walked up the Bank next to Hussong's to pay my $20 for it. But thanks for the heads up, I will definitely check this out before we go. Also, these days you can get your Mexico tourist card at the Consulate on Camelback here in Phoenix, in advance. I may just get mine in advance and ask about FM-T at border crossing in Tecate.

I found out the hard way on a previous trip with AZ Beemers to Mexico you CANNOT turn in your vehicle permit at Tecate anymore. I would've had to have ridden West to Otay Mesa to turn in my less than 180 days vehicle permit. Instead, since we were returning to Arizona via Rocky Point anyway: I turned in my MEX PVMT at the Immigration Station on the road between Sonoita and Santa Ana on Mexico Ruta Dos. Thanks again, Brother Max!!

This looks like a great ride and I'd like to join you, but I won't have the time unless I retire by then. I'm hearing rumors of a retirement incentive but I can't count on that until it happens. I guess I'll just have to follow along and enjoy from my laptop.