SOLD OUT! Skooter G and Papa Chuy ride FJR's to Cabo San Lucas!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo Papa Chuy on your newly developed skill in posting up photos.

A buddy of mine sent me these pics. Apparently he has sailed with this migration of the sting rays near Lareto.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Maybe next Spring might be the time to re-visit Baja? May only have 10 days free in late March.

Saludos!

Hola Jorge, do you know the exact dates in late March that your ten days fall on? Skoot and I are throwing out the proposed month of April, but late March is way close enough for us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Papa Chuy, add me to the list of seriously interested. '11 is light on epic adventures on my calendar. This would help round things out. ;) I'm open on dates. I've been interested in Mexico riding, but have no experience and have wanted to go with someone or some group that knows the ways of our Southern neighbors.

Papa Chuy, add me to the list of seriously interested. '11 is light on epic adventures on my calendar. This would help round things out. ;) I'm open on dates. I've been interested in Mexico riding, but have no experience and have wanted to go with someone or some group that knows the ways of our Southern neighbors.
Sounds great, Eric; you are definitely on the list, along with Old Michael!

I was so impressed with your photography, I finally started the procedure to obtain my Passport so I too can go along on this Mexican adventure. I hope to have my passport within 6-8 weeks. At least that is what I was told yesterday.

Add me to the list.

One question, if I go along will I look 16 (not in dog years either) again like Skooter does in his photos?

Hola Senor~Chuy-

Sorry I cannot yet decide on this, it's complicated for me! My wife wants to go, but not (all the way) by MC. Her vacation is a little less flexible than mine, so she wants to fly to Lareto or La Paz and I pick her up there. I want to ride the whole thing all the way to Cabo and back to Cali by FJR. Favorite spot (for the wife), besides La Paz is to visit Todos Santos! Need a support vehicle to carry all the sh_t?

Academic Calendar will probably allow it between March 16, thru 25, 2011 or something like that?

See? It ain't gonna be EZ! :angry2:

Time is not a problem for me, but early April is a bust as it is my wedding anniversary. I really think money would be the problem. But as time draws closer I'll see. Fecking rich, retired, handsome, hung-like-a-draft horse feckers kill me with these trips!

KJ - I undestand. What a great trip this would be...
Mis Amigos George and Don, I've gone back to Post #1 and modified the Title to read March of 2011. I'd really love to see you two go with us on this trip and March is still a perfect time for the Baja Peninsula. If it's just down and back, the 10 days of 3/16-3/25//2011 will work. Need more days if we ferry to Mazatlan on the Mainland.

ShinyPartsUp, Next to SkooterG and Brian B., you're my very best friend in motorcycling! You and Kat, and your kids, showed my Son Seth and I incredible hospitality when we stayed up in Oregon with you fine folks last month. If you can make this Baja Run, you'll have NO costs for lodging; you will room with me rent free!

Regarding Our Significant Others: My girlfriend Donna is afraid of Mexico, which puts a cramp in my Mexico trips. However, if Donna does go with me, she was always going to fly into La Paz. If this was just going to be a ten day trip, she would fly back to Phoenix from La Paz. If this was going to be a fifteen day trip, utilizing the night ferry to cross from La Paz to Mazatlan, she would fly back home from Mazatlan. I think flying our significant others makes good sense. However, Brian "El Jefe" Boles wife Melanie "La Reina", will ride all the way with BB, she and BB have ridden all over Mexico with Papa Chuy and she is a real trooper!

Todos Santos: As I have previously mentioned before, Cabo San Lucas has turned into a vastly overgrown "Tourist Trap" IMHO; I first visited Dos Cabos in 1972 on a surfing trip to ride the waves of Playa Azul for a week, best week of surfing I have ever had! But, between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo is now wall to wall hotels, golf courses, resorts and spas. Todos Santos is still a pleasant coastal village on the Pacific Ocean. Todos Santos will make a great "base camp" for us to take our gals out on day rides around Dos Cabos.

https://www.todossantos.cc/ Here is everything you need to know about Todos Santos. https://www.hotelcaliforniabaja.com/ We can stay where the Eagles wrote this hit song.

Spring Break goes on in March! Being Cabo is a hot spring breaker destination, won't that make obtaining lodging difficult and overly expensive?

During Spring Break the hotels here in Havasu triple in price!

Mi Hermano Dan, You're right Big-D, going in March will make the lodgings more expensive and we'll need to book by February 1, to ensure we have lodgings in the Cabo Region, even Todos Santos!

But, if it allows our good friends George and Don to go: Then we just have to roll with it and plan/reserve in advance. I usually don't ride through Mexico this way, planning stops/lodgings in advance.

As you can see below though, Spring Break is a time when our friends at AZ Beemers and FJR Riders Group can make this trip. Mi Amigo Back Road Bob can only make this run at the Spring Break!

Spring Break goes on in March! Being Cabo is a hot spring breaker destination, won't that make obtaining lodging difficult and overly expensive?
During Spring Break the hotels here in Havasu triple in price!

Don, Count me in. Since you are going in March I can make it.

Bob
Sounds great, Back Road Bob; glad to hear that you can join us for Baja Expedition 2011!

Well Compadres, this March Ride to Dos Cabos, Baja California Norte y Sur is now "SOLD OUT"! SkooterG and I were only going to lead sixteen riders, seven apiece for us, and we've gone +1 past this!

If you want to go on this Baja Mexico M/C trip, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 480-440-4666, and I'll put you on a waiting list, in case one of these riders "Fairlaner's Out"!!!

Hey...How the Hell do I know what you and Don talk about during the afterglow? You two sick bastards! However, I now have the KLR sitting in the garage just waiting for a place to go, so gimme some information. I may jump in on this trip.
AJ, We're looking at March 16 thru 25 to ride the length of the Baja Peninsula. Those are the dates Khunajawdge-George and dcarver-Don Carver can get off from their teaching jobs at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo; my old Alma Mater. This 10 days will let us go down to Dos Cabos and back in an easy traveling manner, time to stop as often as we want and enjoy Mexico!!!

As I have previously mentioned, my gal Donna is afraid of Mexico; so that puts a cramp in my riding style. However, I am going to have her fly in and out of La Paz; so she can enjoy riding the beautiful Cape Region of Baja California Sur. I am suggesting to the group that we make Todos Santos our "base camp"; Cabo San Lucas is just too much of a "tourist trap" for Papa.

Here's the current list of now "potential" FJR Riders Baja March 2011 M/C Run:

SkooterG - Greg

BeemerDonS - Papa Chuy

Old Michael - Miguel

ShinyPartsUp - Michael

amansker - Andy

Big-D - Dan

Khunajawdge - George

dcarver - Don

HotRodZilla - AJ

Patch308 - Alex

Back Road Bob - an AZ Beemers Member

Max - BMW R1200GS Rider

BB - Brian

LomaCat - an AZ Beemers Member

OCFJR - Eric

canucklehead-biker - Griff

Rushes - Russ

Don, the question remains.
Is it possible to make this ride "All pavement", that said with the full understanding of the quality of Mexican pavement.
Jesu Cristo, I'm starting to think that you work for Microchip or something; Que Lastima! Of course it can be all pavement, Mexico Highway One has been paved for over 35 years now! Is everyone signed up for this trip going to ride the pavement all of the way? I sincerely doubt it! For example, when we get to San Ignacio: The FJR's and Lead Wing will continue on 1 to Loreto to our hotel. When dirt donks such as Rushes, Patch308, Back Road Bob, HotRodZilla, Max and Papa Chuy reach San Ignacio with our dual sports: We will take the West Side Highway along the Pacific Ocean past Scorpion Bay - Bahia San Juanico to La Purisima; then the dirt road to San Isidro connecting with Mexico Ruta Uno, we'll meet you at Loreto hotel!

Dates are on the calendar, and will have to sort out the flight arrangements for my back-seater, as she is unlikely to have all the time off necessary to do the whole trip but sure as Hell will want to get at least part of it in...

Might have to (GOD FORBID!!!) put the Feej on a trailer and haul south for a day or so at that time of year to get out of the snow zone. Should be ok coming back though...

Need to coordinate this with another cross-country camping trip planned in conjunction with CFR11, which rumour has it will be in New Brunswick...

Griff