Soltek HID Light Kit Night Photo's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you do your testing, give us some indication as to how they perform leaned over in a bit of twisties. Would the adjustments allow some side to side adjustments, to see into corners more?
I'm thinkin' corner vision isn't much of an issue, since it pretty much makes daytime, except for the dropaway stuff that you couldn't see over anyway. But yeah, they're very adjustable. You could point 'em like Marty Feldman eyes if you want.

I had the chance to see these in the daylight at a FJR ride yesterday. Over 30 FJR's in balmy 75 degree day through the Napa Valley. The lights seem as bright as welding flashes even in the daytime. And Ian's brackets are magnificent. The lights look big in pictures but no so much on the FJR when viewing up close. The power draw is only 75 watts and the output is awesome. Standing 50 yards away in the daytime you could barely look directly at them they are so bright. Gots to have a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the chance to see these in the daylight at a FJR ride yesterday. Over 30 FJR's in balmy 75 degree day through the Napa Valley. The lights seem as bright as welding flashes even in the daytime. And Ian's brackets are magnificent. The lights look big in pictures but no so much on the FJR when viewing up close. The power draw is only 75 watts and the output is awesome. Standing 50 yards away in the daytime you could barely look directly at them they are so bright. Gots to have a set.
You bastages... Don't be telling me about no 30 riders and 75 degrees and shit. :****:

Glad to hear that you need welding goggles to see those puppies. So, Fjrvtx1300s, what did you think about the size and appearance of the ever so elusive, soon to be coveted Fuegos? Big? :good:

Now I know some of you guys were checking out this light kit today at the meet point for the Napa ride and I saw more than a few cameras clicking.
Cameras? how long does it take to get a picture on the Internet now-a-days? I wanna see the mounts please. (where is my checkbook)

As you do your testing, give us some indication as to how they perform leaned over in a bit of twisties. Would the adjustments allow some side to side adjustments, to see into corners more?
I wish I had a decent camera mounted on my bike. :(

Cameras? how long does it take to get a picture on the Internet now-a-days? I wanna see the mounts please. (where is my checkbook)
You DO realize that Skyway only has the prototypes on his bike and not the finished product. These are still in the testing stage and then will be sent on to the Official FJR Tester who will install them on "Deerslayer" and then proclaim "thumbs up" or "thumbs down".

There were several who did take some pictures, so, "Patience, Grasshopper." Uhm, BTW, in case anyone has misunderstood, these lights will no-way be legal for street use, as in: they are not driving lights for the public highways. If they're on, a police helicopter from 3 miles away will spot you. Did anyone mention they are really bright?

BTW, Skyway, nice job on designing a mount where the lights are protected in case of a "vectervp1" parking moment.

I wish I had a decent camera mounted on my bike. :(
Yeah, we could have witness 2 incidences of ROAD RAGE on video. :angry2: That would have been cool. :eek: Of course the Fuegos won't help cause they may be pointed the wrong direction. B) And we don't see enough cameras shooting from behind. :glare:

Oh, were you talking about real world pics of aux light performance? :blink:

You DO realize that Skyway only has the prototypes on his bike and not the finished product. These are still in the testing stage and then will be sent on to the Official FJR Tester who will install them on "Deerslayer" and then proclaim "thumbs up" or "thumbs down".

There were several who did take some pictures, so, "Patience, Grasshopper." Uhm, BTW, in case anyone has misunderstood, these lights will no-way be legal for street use, as in: they are not driving lights for the public highways. If they're on, a police helicopter from 3 miles away will spot you. Did anyone mention they are really bright?

BTW, Skyway, nice job on designing a mount where the lights are protected in case of a "vectervp1" parking moment.
Yes Mike, I know they are prototypes, but I've been following this for a while and was curious to see what Skyway ended up with for a mount. And I know that using something like downtown ain't a good idea, but I have a 50 mile commute to work, 25 of it is on deserted back roads in rural Amish country. I often see more wildlife than cars on my way home, and something like this would be great.

Curiously yours, B)

Tom

I have a pic of Skyway's bike with the lights mounted. If he wants to give his permission I'll post up a frontal shot of the lights. It's still to be "approved " , so in essence it's a prototype fitup at this point, but it would give you guys a better idea of light size / placement.

Allright....here's the super secret spy photo's posted with Sky's permission....wipe up your drool will ya guys! :D

IMG_1314.jpg

Ummm... that's a photo... not photos... :rolleyes:

Looks like a nicely positioned job... at least from that angle and perspective. :thumbsup:

As big honking lights go..... they don't look over powering to the eye....

looks like I am going to have to start saving more pennies quicker

+1 I like the narrow mounting
The narrow mounting is the only way they can be mounted without contacting the mirror stalks. This does place then inboard slightly over the other offerings, but at night they seem to light up pretty good.

Also, judging by the exhaust GB that just came tumbling down, I'm not sure where this project is heading? But all I can say is that if anyone starts a pissing parade on anything that I'm involved in, think ahead and don't get involved. I won't be as polite as some around here, regardless of how my karma meter ends up.

Yeah Groo... now you can offroad your FJR again...this time in the dark ! :D
I'll pass on that :) , but am stashing cash for the eventual procurement of these (Texas is being overrun with forest rats) and Skyway's aux cell...

Hey Ian, how much time do these take to remove/install? Could these be something you put on when you know you'll be driving at night, then take off (say if you'll only be doing daylight/city driving for a month or so...)?

Hey Ian, how much time do these take to remove/install? Could these be something you put on when you know you'll be driving at night, then take off (say if you'll only be doing daylight/city driving for a month or so...)?
They're mounted by using the 2 mirror mount holes on either side. The light itself is mounted to the bracket with a single 12mm hex head bolt. Time for removal would be as quickly as you could remove panels B & C and remove/reinstall the 4 mirror mount bolts.

Allright....here's the super secret spy photo's posted with Sky's permission....wipe up your drool will ya guys! :D
Nice! Those things are so bright it looks like someone put a 5 watt H4 bulb in the stock headlights!

I would love to see a photo that shoes the details of the actual brackets. Not just two glowing orbs. Does anyone have a "side-view" spy photo that Sky would let them post?

- Colin