SW-FOG 2010 in Taos, New Mexico; September 16-19

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Fellow Southwest FJR Owners Group Riders coming to SW-FOG from West and North. Enjoy.
Subject: 6 routes on the way to SW-FOG from the West Coast, Specific North Wet and Montana!

1) Zion National Park, Utah. = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUNEr3NxvaA

2) Utah 95 (Glenn Canyon), Utah. =

Damn, blocked at work again to view these routes.

But we do plan taking this route from SoCAL:

boring I-15 to Zion NP

Torrey, UT via hwy 12

Durango, CO via hwy 24, 95, 191, 491 and 160

Taos, NM via 160, 84 and 64

We've done the Zion & Torrey rides many times and been to Durango & Taos by other routes, so this segment will be a new adventure. :yahoo:

Dear Fellow Southwest FJR Owners Group Riders coming to SW-FOG from West and North. Enjoy.
Subject: 6 routes on the way to SW-FOG from the West Coast, Specific North Wet and Montana!
Many thanks beemerdons. I was just thinkin how I am going to get there. Big D offered to ride with me. Not sure which way to go yet. I am taking 2 weeks of vacation for this fine event. Only thing missin at this point is female companionship but I could stop in Nevada. Not for me but for me friends.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :blink: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

1) Zion National Park, Utah. = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUNEr3NxvaA

2) Utah 95 (Glenn Canyon), Utah. =

Funny I see no sheep along the way. What's a guy to do if'n he gets lonely Gomer?

I tell ya, If we ever have a function up this way rest assured there will be ports mentioned fer I&I along the way

:jester:

Hell, when I saw Bust had paid us homage, I thought he may have decided to show up at the SW-FOG. But nooooooooooooooo! No Bust! Oh well, I guess he missed the sheep shepherd herd & breed contest going on in Taos that same weekend.

Hell, when I saw Bust had paid us homage, I thought he may have decided to show up at the SW-FOG. But nooooooooooooooo! No Bust! Oh well, I guess he missed the sheep shepherd herd & breed contest going on in Taos that same weekend.
ATENCION BUSTANUT JOKER, You Sorry Jackass!!! I'm proposing a deal for you and Sheila that you just cannot turn down. Plan on Mr. & Mrs. Barry Clark flying into Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport on Wednesday, September 15. I'll pick you Michiganlanders up and you'll stay at mi casa en Ciudad de Chandler; Seth and I now have a 2K sq. ft. house, with 4 bedrooms, one which is a guest bedroom.

At daybreak on Thursday 9/16, to beat the Phoenix summer heat, we'll super slab it over to Taos; my girlfriend Donna and I on Miss Lucy Liu, our 2003 FJR. You and Sheila can pick what you want to ride: Either Ingrid, our 2005 R1150RT or Pamela Anderson, our 2002 Harley-Davidson FXD. Both of these fine machines will be listed in Cycle Trader for sale when we return from Taos; I have to make way for my new Ducati Multistrada 1200 arriving in December. You may also select one of the BMW GS's, but they're not the most comfortable for 650 mile days. I recommend the RT or the Harley!

Sunday 9/19 we'll ride back to AZ and you can fly back home to Owosso on 9/20. ADDED BONUS: On video of New Mexico Route 64 is a scene shot on the boundary of the World Famous HotRodZilla Armadillo and Burro Ranch Emporium. Some of the finest armadillo and burro concubines are raised on AJ's spectacular Hacienda. He said he'll spot you a discount, complete with some very cute outfits!

Last edited by a moderator:
ATENCION BUSTANUT JOKER, You Sorry Jackass!!! I'm proposing a deal for you and Sheila that you just cannot turn down. Plan on Mr. & Mrs. Barry Clark flying into Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport on Wednesday, September 15. I'll pick you Michiganlanders up and you'll stay at mi casa en Ciudad de Chandler; Seth and I now have a 2K sq. ft. house, with 4 bedrooms, one which is a guest bedroom.

At daybreak on Thursday 9/16, to beat the Phoenix summer heat, we'll super slab it over to Taos; my girlfriend Donna and I on Miss Lucy Liu, our 2003 FJR. You and Sheila can pick what you want to ride: Either Ingrid, our 2005 R1150RT or Pamela Anderson, our 2002 Harley-Davidson FXD. Both of these fine machines will be listed in Cycle Trader for sale when we return from Taos; I have to make way for my new Ducati Multistrada 1200 arriving in December. You may also select one of the BMW GS's, but they're not the most comfortable for 650 mile days. I recommend the RT or the Harley!

Sunday 9/19 we'll ride back to AZ and you can fly back home to Owosso on 9/20. ADDED BONUS: On video of New Mexico Route 64 is a scene shot on the boundary of the World Famous HotRodZilla Armadillo and Burro Ranch Emporium. Some of the finest armadillo and burro concubines are raised on AJ's spectacular Hacienda. He said he'll spot you a discount, complete with some very cute outfits!
Do it Bust! I'll even sneak a few California sheep in for after dinner fun. :dribble:

This is a damn fine offer Don!

If I wasn't a broke mofo I'd be all over it! Time wouldn't be a problem as we slow down then..

I'm going to see if I can call in a favor from one of my siblings an see who's got the most frequent flier miles. Who knows?

Then again, it's only about 75 plaques to sell...

I'm going to try & make this if I can get some more money by then . . . Promised the wife & kid a motorhome month (July) in the Aspens, probably CO. My Army buddy has some acreage at about 9k ft just north of Cortez/Dolores near Groundhog resevoir.

If I wasn't a broke mofo I'd be all over it! Time wouldn't be a problem as we slow down then..

I'm going to see if I can call in a favor from one of my siblings an see who's got the most frequent flier miles. Who knows?

I'll up Don's offer...If you come down, I'll cover your room. I'll even throw in a free night of all the Armadillo/burro group-sex you can handle.

I'll up Don's offer...If you come down, I'll cover your room. I'll even throw in a free night of all the Armadillo/burro group-sex you can handle.
Bustanut joker, this's an offer you just can't refuse. Get up your airfare, gas and food money: And SW-FOG is a done deal for you! However, none of us can afford your booze bill! Burro/Armadillo Orgies!

However, none of us can afford your booze bill!
I'll throw in $50. That should at least float him through the first hour...

Right?

1/2 hour?
Well Dave, since $50 will only cover Fairlaner's bar tab for about 15 minutes, I would say that Barry's drinking prowess is probably right up there with Richards's: Maybe 20 minutes tops for fifty bucks!

You guys are killin me! Miler lite? Well I haven't drank one of those in 20-25 years so possibly just a dozen. Been drinking the bud swill...

As far as Armadillos, I'm just going to say no to those ugly fukers! Now a burro does have a certain appeal :)

I've got airfare to south kali covered for November.. Still might be enough left for this if I'm nice..

Oh Nice D Sneak one in whilst I peck.. If I'm going high class with the colt ya might better toss in some MD 20/20 or Thunderbird

Cometman Mark,

I know you had mentioned you may take a trip up north to visit one of your kids prior to heading to Taos. Let me know if you still plan on doing that. I am still planning on arriving in Taos a day early so I can monitor Pinhead's beverage consumption. Those skinny fellas don't have much tolerance ya know! I see you mentioned two weeks vacation. That opens up ideas.

Dan