SW-FOG 2010 Shirts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so a couple of things.

1. Sorry, there are no pictures of the design on an actual shirt. The thing will be about 2x2 I think. It won't be overly large or small...That would be stupid. I'm betting about the same as the badges and divisions he does for my department. They are very tasteful.

2. I'm thinking of just a little tweaking. Like "SW-FOG" only on the top, and then putting "Taos, NM" underneath the date. Other than that, I think it's perfect.

I saw the actual size of the emblem, it looks to be about 3"X 4"; located on the left side about breast high!

If you wanna know how or why I got to see it, because I'm special!!!! :****: :****: :haha:

[SIZE=24pt]AND here's the mockup Romo came up with:[/SIZE]
SW-FOGMockup.jpg

Obviously the color will change if the shirt is black or red, or the colors don't stand out, and there is NO digitizing fee because he was able to do it himself with a photo I sent. So, the prices already quoted on here are the ones we'll go with. Let me know what you think...And add your name to the list.

I'm open to reasonable suggestions, so if something doesn't sit right, let me know. If by Monday afternoon, we are good with this, I'll start collecting money and get these ordered and done. Personally, I think they are pretty cool.
Editing needed here. A space is required between the coma and NM.

Is this logo intended for the sleeve or the pocket area?

I sure hope it is not for the shirt back.

I was hoping for the "Avatar to be used for the SW-FOG 2010" to appear on the back but with the speed limit sign reading 69 instead of the 60. Be a little creative.

Which is it? :ermm:

Editing needed here. A space is required between the coma and NM.
Is this logo intended for the sleeve or the pocket area?

I sure hope it is not for the shirt back.

I was hoping for the "Avatar to be used for the SW-FOG 2010" to appear on the back but with the speed limit sign reading 69 instead of the 60.

Be a little creative.

Which is it? :ermm:
I covered this a post or two up...This was just a fast, "hey dude, here you go, what do you think?" kind of thing. I actually liked the design and without the digitizing fee, it is cheaper than trying to add an FJR that is multiple colors that will have to be adjusted for each type of shirt. I thought it was good enough that we should stick with it. Tasteful, to the point, and somethign I will wear out of the house.

Left Breast...I may have forgot to mention that.

Shirt back? Seriously? Why would I do that? Regardless of what Bust or Don say, I am not too dumb.

That would take a lot more money and commitment than I am willing to incur, and a logo that involved the size we are talking would probably end up just being a jumbled mess. I think to really look good, it would end up being so big that it would look like a Virgin Mary tattoo on a gang bangers back. Way too much involved. Also...This is the first I have heard anyone mention that idea. My first thought was to put an FJR in the middle, but that's more money and time.

Not trying to be an asshole here, but if at any time you would like to take this over, I'll give you Romo's number. Believe it or not, I have other commitments up to my ears right now and this just adds to the stuff I gotta complete. I also don't want to **** this up since people I know and don't know are depending on me to do deliver what I said I could deliver. On this type of time frame, for a small number of shirts, and not costing too much money, what you see is as creative as I get.

Which is what? EVERY question you have asked was already answered in the posts I updated above. We're keeping this simple and easy since getting a rally shirt was not part of the SW-FOG rally fee. It was a last minute thought that grew, and is one of those things that if you like the shirt and want one, you are welcome to order one. If you don't like it, or don't want to spend the money, you don't have to get a shirt. I prefer being able to decide if I want a shirt or not, since I have some shirts from some gatherings that were included in the fee and turned out to be butt ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
HotRodzilla (AJ),

I agree with you on how technical it would be to try and cover the back of the shirt with the SW-FOG logo I made. Sure, it would look cool, but no way is it feasible in a embroidered application. I also go to Utah and ride ATV's and had a simple hat made with my ATV embroidered on it and it cost me $50. To have the 2010 SW-FOG embroidered on a shirt would easily cost over $100 each and take over an hour or two to produce for each shirt.

I purchased shirts at several other functions and they all had a logo about 3"X 4" on the left side of the shirt where a pocket would normally be. Pegscraper may be taking about an "Iron-on" or Decal, which last through a few washings and then they start looking pretty bad. The person you know may not do the decal type of shirts.

All I know is I appreciate your efforts to arrange for these shirts to be made as you first submitted to the interested Forum members. You definitely didn't have to and we all appreciate your taking the lead on this project.

Thanks AJ

HotRodzilla (AJ),
I agree with you on how technical it would be to try and cover the back of the shirt with the SW-FOG logo I made. Sure, it would look cool, but no way is it feasible in a embroidered application. I also go to Utah and ride ATV's and had a simple hat made with my ATV embroidered on it and it cost me $50. To have the 2010 SW-FOG embroidered on a shirt would easily cost over $100 each and take over an hour or two to produce for each shirt.

I purchased shirts at several other functions and they all had a logo about 3"X 4" on the left side of the shirt where a pocket would normally be. Pegscraper may be taking about an "Iron-on" or Decal, which last through a few washings and then they start looking pretty bad. The person you know may not do the decal type of shirts.

All I know is I appreciate your efforts to arrange for these shirts to be made as you first submitted to the interested Forum members. You definitely didn't have to and we all appreciate your taking the lead on this project.

Thanks AJ
Well spoken Big-D and I too sincerely appreciate the work HotRodZilla has put into our SW-FOG 2010 shirts! AJ, please go with what you have now! Tasteful, appropriate and I'll wear this shirt with pride!

Ok...Two things:

1: My Pay-Pal account is just waiting on account confirmation and will be ready to go. For some reason, it wouldn't let me do the instant account confirmation, so by Wednesday at the latest. Anyone know if I can start receiving money before the account is confirmed? All I've ever done with it is send money.

2: I'm going to have Romo make mine and my wife's shirts and post them up so the final product is actually shown. Should be ready by Monday or Tuesday. I'll post them up.

HotRodZilla,

Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

I was only thinking of the iron on graphics I've seen at other rallies.

Yours is much more classy, I must admit, and will not fade away after a few washings.

And sorry dude, I did not take the time to read the previous posts spelling out things I asked again.

If this embroidered decal is to applied to a burgundy colored polo, what color lettering do you have in mind around the circumferance?

Maybe burnt orange?

HotRodZilla,Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

Yours is much more classy, I must admit, and will not fade away after a few washings.

And sorry dude, I did not take the time to read the previous posts spelling out things I asked again.

If this embroidered decal is to applied to a burgundy colored polo, what color lettering do you have in mind around the circumferance?

Maybe burnt orange?
I can get my panties in a bunch if I want to :p ...Really dude...Did not mean to be short, it was late, and I was tired. I didn't realize you were thinking of the "iron-on" stuff. I'm guessing that's the same as screen-print? I did ask Romo about that, but for the small number of shirts, he advised against it.

As far as colors, honestly, I'll probably leave that up to Romo. You can ask Bid-D, but Romo uses this gold thread that really pops against dark colors. He may use that for the letters or the logo on the darker shirts; I don't know. I will make sure he is up to speed, but he really is very good at using colors that do not blend together, and I'm thinking he's going to make the logo a different color than the letters. If I was worried that he would use red letters on a burgandy shirt, I wouldn't have asked him to do it. I'll try to remember to ask him when I talk to him next. The art stuff is definately not my expertise. I keep it simple because I'm no good at it.

They were working a gun show today and I couldn't get ahold of him, but I will have at least two shirts made by mid-week and post them up. The reason I haven't posted pictures of shirts I already have is because they are all work shirts and I don't want to post a picture of my badge with my unit insignia out in the open on the internet.

HotRodZilla,Don't get your panties all in a bunch.

Maybe burnt orange?
Really? "Burnt orange"? For God's sake man, this is a MANLY (mostly) forum..."burnt orange" is something we do on a bar-b-que grill by accident! Men only have a few colors...red, blue, green, ORANGE, brown, black (it's every manly man's favorite if asked), and "freakin' awesome" (kinda covers the rest of what MEN like). Henceforth, there will be no more mention of "burnt orange", mauve, fucia, lavender, etc. on this forum!

Now, go collect your balls from wherever you stashed them and pick a nice shirt. I'll even get your first manly beer at the rally...please don't wear pink.

AJ,

Although I have not yet met you in person, I think you will turn out to be a straight-up guy. I like your disposition and attitude. I lived in Albuquerque for a little over five years and miss it a out. See you in Taos!

Looking forward to having that beer with you, especially since you'll be buying.

Dan

AJ,
Although I have not yet met you in person, I think you will turn out to be a straight-up guy. I like your disposition and attitude. I lived in Albuquerque for a little over five years and miss it a out. See you in Taos!

Looking forward to having that beer with you, especially since you'll be buying.

Dan
Dan,

Ai caramba, Amigo: Has HotRodZilla ever got you fooled hook-line-sinker, hombre. SkooterG, Bustanut joker and Papa Chuy will give the lowdown on this muy Loco Vato! Straight-up Guy? Chingon, ese!

Don

PS: You have got to be confusing AJ with patch308!!!

Ya know if you'd wear men's underwear they wouldn't bunch up like the frilly undies you wear AJ....

Hey Don? why don't you send him some of those WWll issue canvas undergarments you were issued back then?

:jester: