Tech Day in Southwest Virginia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this might delay my departure an hour or 3 on Friday morning...

weather1april11.jpg

Wish I had a paved driveway would post a pic if I knew how. After raining for 3 days you need 4wd an atv or a dual sport bike,to get down the 1/2 mile of mud and ruts. Yes neighbors are not into buying gravel and at $400 a load cant fuss at them to hard. :dribble:

It looks like we are going to have a great tech day. If everybody is able to show up we should have around 15 people from 6 states. The weather is looking a little iffy right now, but I hope that will change. I'm looking forward to meeting every body and learning a lot of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you darksiders planning to attend? It's going to be a bit cold and we need some car tires to burn for heat!

Anybody coming with an '05. We can raise the tank and let everyone stand around your running motor.

:D

Well boys and girls, the weather forecast for Friday and Sunday has improved a bit. That's good since many, if not most people will be traveling on those days. We'll be huddled indoors around FJRs doing surgery on Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning how to keep my bikes serviced. Here's hoping for an even better wx forecast as the week progresses. See you Saturday!

Damn weather and totally different forecast depending on where you look. I will there even if I have to install a studded car tire to make it.

Current weather.com report is calling for SNOW :dribble: . I don't mind wet so much, as long as it is not in conjuntion with COLD. I am hoping for a break in the weather.

If mine were an 05 I would run mud tires on it !!

Got trailer lights working with sandpaper and a screwdriver (bad ground) thank God. So the Econo Lodge has a hot tub I sure hope so cant wait to pull out. :yahoo:

I just reviewed 3 different weather forecast and they all look more favorable than they did 24 hours ago. :yahoo:

Hopefully everyone coming from the surrounding states will have good forecast as well.

Extrememarine might have a different forecast to deal with up in his neck of the woods, but with the dirt bike tires he posted earlier mounted, he should be able to make it. :unsure:

Looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday.

Extrememarine might have a different forecast to deal with up in his neck of the woods, but with the dirt bike tires he posted earlier mounted, he should be able to make it. :unsure:
Clothes packed. check.

Tools packed. check.

snow flurries tonight. check.

So long as I can see concrete when I open the garage door Friday morning, I will be south bound and hammer down...

Wayne

Be safe everyone, checking my list now looking forward to meeting everyone my g/f loves bikes and learning to.