The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Registered!!! Let the planning begin!!! Mayve we can hookup with some of those west-bound east-coasters on the way out!

:good: :telephone: :scenic: :mmm:

Registered, too. After fighting with paypal for 30 minutes, finally got the $10 sent as well :yahoo:

Have the hotel codes been emailed yet?

Registered, too. After fighting with paypal for 30 minutes, finally got the $10 sent as well :yahoo:
We're trying to automate this process, but for now, HMarc has to manually email your Reno Hilton room discount code to you.....

Registered, too.  After fighting with paypal for 30 minutes, finally got the $10 sent as well :yahoo:
We're trying to automate this process, but for now, HMarc has to manually email your Reno Hilton room discount code to you.....
No problem.

FWIW: If you have a CC number on record with paypal where the exp. date is wrong/passed (i.e. you've just not updated it), paypal will fail with all kinds of strange errors, none of which say "Bad exp. date".

Hey Rich,You forgot to mention the best feature of all: The Hilton has its own driving range! Or, were you saving that for later? Might be a bit of a pain getting your sticks there though... :D
FJR_Golf.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dunno why I didn't notice his post before!

Yep, there are two opportunites to play golf... and you don't even have to pack your clubs:

Guests can work on their golf game without leaving the hotel thanks to our aquatic driving range, Hilton Bay. Putting some splash back into your game, this driving range features four island greens of varying distance and difficulty. Golfers good enough to land a hole-in-one are rewarded with prizes, while those with room for improvement can enlist assistance from our staff of PGA and LPGA professionals, all available for private instruction. Equipment rental and snacks are on hand, so you need only pack your sense of competition.
And then there is the "Bunker" virtual golf courses. Ignacio and I checked this out when we did an on-site visit last September. The "Bunker" kicks serious ass!

uf_7162_Main_5BF40172F46E4BB9B91F8A30A159F476.jpg

Enjoy the championship courses the pros do — Pebble Beach®, Kapalua, Harbour Town, Pinehurst II — without having to worry about keeping up with Tiger Woods. Our virtual, indoor golf courses allow you to play simulated courses using regulation equipment. The advanced technology makes this game almost as good as the real thing — follow the flight of your ball over the fairway, alter your swing to avoid all the hazards. PGA and LPGA instruction is available.
FEATURES:

* Virtual renditions of 36 championship courses

* Full play with regulation clubs and balls

* Club rental

* Putting green

* Private parties welcome

* PGA and LPGA instruction is available

All,

I just called the Hilton with my registration code in hand and they had no idea what I was talking about. The lady said that there was no WFO-5 listed in the system and that my code didn't mean anything to her. :eek:

What now?

Cheers,

Jim V

Did you use the specific phone # assigned to WFO-5? You must use that, and only that phone # to get the discount.

I called our Sales Rep at the Reno Hilton.... their Contracts department have not sent the WFO-5 Account down to the Reservations Department due to some red tape snafu (some dates were misprinted and need to be re-done)

HOLD OFF on making reservations until next week. We have several hundred rooms reserved for now, so no worries, everyone will get your rooms.... :(

Hi all,

I've just returned from riding from Seattle to Albuquerque via eastern Oregon and central Nevada. Having not ridden this route before I was surprised at the number of high passes I crossed riding from Winnemucca down through Eureka, Elky, and over to Utah. Some nice sweeping mountain pass curves mixed in the straight highways in between. I could've done FJR nominal if I wanted to but the temps (down right cold at 90mph) kept me from going faster. B)

If you'll be coming from the east you might want to consider that route over to Reno.

Hi guys and gals,

Want advice for getting to WFO-5.

I am planning to ship my bike from Nova Scotia out to Vancouver and then drive down to Reno. Anyone want to offer suggestions on how many days I should plan for that ride? I want to ride some good roads and see some sites but don't have anything in particular in mind.

When I did my trip this summer I got many suggestions and plotted them out with my Map Source software. Then I mixed and matched as time went along so I got to the places time would allow. I am hoping to do the same thing on this trip. After the WFO-5 I will ride back home across the US. So I will have to start planning that too I guess. Right now though I am just wondering about Vancouver to Reno?

Thanks

gypsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost 900 miles. 2 days. Or 1 if you want the Burnt Butt plate frame...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning to ship my bike from Nova Scotia out to Vancouver and then drive down to Reno. Anyone want to offer suggestions on how many days I should plan for that ride? I want to ride some good roads and see some sites but don't have anything in particular in mind.
When I did my trip this summer I got many suggestions and plotted them out with my Map Source software. Then I mixed and matched as time went along so I got to the places time would allow. I am hoping to do the same thing on this trip. After the WFO-5 I will ride back home across the US. So I will have to start planning that too I guess. Right now though I am just wondering about Vancouver to Reno?
I just fired up Microsoft Streets and Trips and in 5 minutes I found a nice 2 day sight-seeing ride from Vancouver to Reno via Mt. St. Helens, WA; Bend, OR; and Alturas, CA that is mostly devoid of slab riding (except through Seattle).

That time of year the chance of rain are very slim and although quite doable with FJR velocities--a real tourist treat if you have 2. First half is moutain twisties and once you get to Lakeview you're into desert riding.

A picture of the route to whet your appetite for the ride....and MS&T. 971 miles. Add 30 and do it one day and you're into a SaddleSore.

vanctoreno.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.