The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode up to the top of Sonora pass last weekend... I have a few digital photos from up there... I am not sure how to go about uploading on to this site as am very new...
Click here to learn. Then post up for your final exam. Looking forward to the pics. Haven't been up there since 9/11/05. Coincidentally, the day I dropped my bike.

TJ -

Email HMarc Lewis, please... this is his area of responsibility.

He can be reached at: marcl @ micapeak.com (remove the black spaces, obviously)

Coming from Indianapolis I will leaving on the 22 heading to DesMoines then to Keystone, SD to see Mt Rushmore, next to Cody, WY then through Yellowstone to Jackson, WY and then on to Reno. I have never been through that part of the country and would appreciate any info on bed and breakfast type places to stay and ways to avoid interstate highways and still make good time. Also I would like to hook up with others who will be traveling our direction and maybe ride together.

@Bluebullet...

FJRChooser and I did that trip (backwards) this summer on our return from WFO. Once you reach the Sturgis area you can take backroads and see some very scenic parts of the country. We did not make any hotel reservations the entire trip, only snag was staying at Sturgis during bike week, which we had not planned anyway. Staying off interstates, figure on only making 4 - 500 miles per day. PM me if you'd like any more specific information.

--G

I registered for this event just a few days ago. I am really looking foward to meeting everyone since I am new to the FJR. I sold my 2004 BMW R1150RT and I have put my money down on a new 2006 FJR. I can't wait to make the trip from Arizona to Reno on my new bike with my wife. Ride safe everyone and we'll see you all there.

Andy

Well, I've finally convinced my wife that she won't die if I leave our Oregon beach vacation week a day or 2 early and head to Reno on Thursday. Since she isn't going with me I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who is renting a room by themselves and wants to cut their cost in half. I'm a non-smoker and don't sound like a train coming thru when I'm asleep. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Cycleward

Well, I've finally convinced my wife that she won't die if I leave our Oregon beach vacation week a day or 2 early and head to Reno on Thursday. Since she isn't going with me I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who is renting a room by themselves and wants to cut their cost in half. I'm a non-smoker and don't sound like a train coming thru when I'm asleep. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.
Cycleward
I've got a room for just me but I'm a smoker (They wern't sure the would have a smoking room available) and I sound like a 747 taking off.

Cycleward
I've got a room for just me but I'm a smoker (They wern't sure the would have a smoking room available) and I sound like a 747 taking off.
Liar. MM2 says it's more like a Saturn V booster... :****:

Just wear your earplugs to bed and you'll sleep through the cacophony. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self.

If sleeping at the Iron Butt Motel first check to see if Rogue is anywhere in the area. If so, ride to the next rest stop with picnic benches.

Reg Paid, Shirts Paid. Waiting for the Banquet to post.

Note to self.
If sleeping at the Iron Butt Motel first check to see if Rogue is anywhere in the area. If so, ride to the next rest stop with picnic benches.
Better make sure the next rest stop is 10-15 miles away. :p

Sorry got a flooded message and it told me to wait. I did and it posted the message twice. This is a correction note.

Thanks

As you probably know Reno is the USBC National Bowling Center! A biggie to bowlers anyway. My wifes team will be there sometime about then. Maybe they can fly and I will use the time for a great ride thru the desert. Maybe we could get a Texas caucus for the ride. Just thinking ahead if anyone is interested. I just might see ya'll there!

Fiveoon05

Yes I am interested in one way there. My son lives in San Carlos and would like to spend time with him after the gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.