The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking hard about trying to make it to this one. There are just too many variables involved for me to commit right now. We're closing on a new house the Friday before Christmas and I don't know how the budget will be by Summer. However, I'm leaning hard toward trying to make it.

:good: :good:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey WC. Great work, again. How's the track day coming along? If we can put it together, how much additional fee do you suppose will be required? Most of these I've attended were between $125 ~ $175, and sometimes depended upon how many were attending.

As you probably know Reno is the USBC National Bowling Center!  A biggie to bowlers anyway.  My wifes team will be there sometime about then.  Maybe they can fly and I will use the time for a great ride thru the desert.  Maybe we could get a Texas caucus for the ride.  Just thinking ahead if anyone is interested.  I just might see ya'll there!
Fiveoon05
Just booked the Motogp tickets for the weekend before so will be travelling west earlier. Anyone else lined up for the race?

I have done the registration thing !!!!!

I want to know if I can use all or part of my 2500 miles for one of the saddle sore or bun burner runs ??

also are there any riders coming for the east that would like to hook up for the ride ???

I want to know if I can use all or part of my 2500 miles for one of the saddle sore or bun burner runs ??
Sure!

As long as you get 1,000 of them in less than a 24 hour period (or 1,500 in 36), you keep gas receipts, and you get witnesses at both ends (I would certainly volunteer on the Reno end).

You would want to bone up on the Saddle Sore and/or Bun Burner rules by clicking here.

thanks Ignacio ,,

your on for the witness in Reno ,,

I have been preping for this kind of ride all summer and fall ,,

I am looking forward to adding my name to the list of hard assed riders

I'm very much considering this event. 2250 miles one way from Ohio ain't too shabby. Only real question is can my butt handle it?

If it can, and you can do 2,000 miles of it in less than two days it would officially be transmuted to iron....as in Iron Butt Association. See here if you want to try and document the journey. Clearly, you'll have a gaggle of witnesses to choose from at the end of your ride.

Me thinks the folks that turn the event into IBA rides would need to get a special shout out at dinner.

And, who knows.....you might like it and then think about trying a Bun Burner Gold on the way back. Long distance obsessions have started with lesser events.

Ignacio,

Thanks for the encouragement! That's one farkle missing from my bike (the IBA plate!). An SS2000 would be quite the achievement as a first timer :)

We have also decided to offer a couple of different SaddleSore 1000 routes for those who want to go after there IBA membership while *at* WFO-5.

Since these will be routed all within Nevada, you're likely to be able to finish up your ride in, um, a very short period of time. :D

The majoirty of WFO-5 staff are IBA members, so there will be no shortage of official IBA Witnesses for you at the Start/Finish of your ride. Suspect most of the riders will likely take off sometime late Thursday afternoon, to return well before the first banquet on Friday night so they can rest up a bit before festivities.

I can also easily imagine a shout-out to the folks that accomplish IBA rides at the Saturday banquet as well.

I'd like to make this ride. I did a ride to Sturgis last year. It took 4days to get there. I went with 4 others, would be great to drive with a group of FJR's out and back. I'd be hailing from CT. Also rode to the EOM in September and would like to see if any of them would be interested in a really long ride too!

Hello,

Since this will be Andrew (OrangevaleFJR) and my first WFO, I have a question or two. I was perusing the very cool site Warchild built about the event...

How much are the banquet fees?

Are there fees for the FJR1300 Track Day? What date is that going to be?

How big is the block of rooms that are reserved for us? (Trying to determine how quickly we need to get registered)

I think those are all my questions for now. Any info you can provide is appreciated.

So, speaking of marketing, why isn't Yamaha jumping to be a vendor at this event?

Thanks,

Sherri

Pillion Photographer :)

Actually I was pondering my trip ticket and the choice was to hook up with the "island" crew in Vicotia via the Ferry or take the long drive down. My best plan is there could easily be snow in the real world at that time so the Ferry to Hardy makes sense. When you look at the bucks the ferry from Victoria to the Olympic Peninsula is reasonable even if you have to strap your bike to the side of the ship. The ride down the peninsula as i recall is pleasent at worst so it might be I will come out in Wasington State. :)

We need to definately form a squad of canucks from washington so lets try to hook up there. That is assuming you can make it through homeland security :)

(thats gonna draw comment...............................................)

oh yeah and in case you wonder where the fjr is parked it is on east sannich road in victoria bc. right behind the beehives and the guiniee bird hen house.

Status
Not open for further replies.