The Crap Just Won't Go Away.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It only gets better.

He contacted me in private mail and asked me some questions that I spent a very long time answering so that they would be neutral and deal with the issues at hand (not personal).

[interesting that what I sent in mail was very close to what Windjammer posted publicly. When asked what we expected of him (just turn off the lights?), I simply suggested he drop all discussions, stop the bans, "un-ban" accounts, clear out the auto-blocks to references, and let the issue "go away". Then just not respond to any baiting or questions about it. Given enough time, the issue would whither away and interaction between it and all non-commercial sites would be like they were before the jihad (yes, I used that word). Maybe not as satisfactory to some as a stand-up appology would be, but a way to burry the hatchet and move on.]

After all that effort his response was as if I'd sent a blank message. When I asked him why I bothered to spend time answering him when it was clear his course of action was pre-determined and locked in place, he simply asked if I thought he should turn the lights off over there. I again spent some time answering about how his board got references from others and the whole litany of things discussed here (that dealt with coexistance). For that effort I didn't even get an acknowledgment, just a request to edit all my messages that had the link to here in my sig block.

I had to explain that EZ Board was so FUBARed that once a message was saved the first time, you can't change the sig even if you edit your preferences. He actually wanted me to delete them and recreate them with a modified sig. EZ Board doesn't let a user do that either. But by that time I'd had a gut full and wasn't going to play his games. I told him if he chose to delete my posts, then that was his choice, not mine. I mentioned in passing that, once he has things the way he wants there will be no content left and his scorched earth policy will do the very thing he think's he trying to prevent (kill the board). :****:

I've heard of soup sandwiches less fucked up than that {tm/WC}.

Last edited by a moderator:
he simply asked if I thought he should turn the lights off over there
bunkergallery12_hzoomjpg.jpg

The Remains of the Bunker

Sightseers walk amid the ruins of Newman's bunker, sometimes referred to as Newmans "tombstone," after a detachment of FJR army engineers blew it up on July 11,2005. The ventilating tower of the shelter (a cylinder with a conical top) is at right. Stones from the shattered bunker, where Newman and his mistress, Eva Braun, reportedly committed suicide, spattered the broken walls of the Reich Chancellery (background), and a few landed in the middle of the huge room that once was Newman's office.

Oh, well..... guess I'll be banned shortly... whatever....
Yea, well, you probably should....

You're all acting so poorly over this.

I spoke as loud as most about the issues with EZBoard, but the pack mentality/gangbang attitudes I've seen demonstrated by the membership towards Marc has made me sick. You can't get your way so instead of acting like adults, you choose to call names, personally attack people, and generally act like spoiled brat children. Not that Marc acted a whole lot better. However, when you're the subject of such abuse, you can only take so much.

To everyone who slammed Marc: shame on you for acting like such JACKASSES. If you wanted to leave, then just freakin' LEAVE already and quit being such gutless, bile spewing little twits.

To Marc: shame on you for failing to see what the forum really needed. Additional shame on you for using your powers of censorship to press your case rather than just eliminating the offending posts quitely.

All this was so easily avoided. Geez....can't we just let this die and get back to the bikes???

You all remember the bikes, don't you...?

Geez, I wish I were smart enough to rise above all this like you TX.

All this was so easily avoided. Geez....can't we just let this die and get back to the bikes???
Wait a minute here.... :huh:

shame on you for acting like such JACKASSES.

...well, I have been working on finding my inner a-hole. I must be getting close to finding it! And, my name's not 'Jack'.

radman: That's friggin' hilarious! (The Bunker reference, that is.):clap:

To everyone who slammed Marc: shame on you for acting like such JACKASSES.  If you wanted to leave, then just freakin' LEAVE already and quit being such gutless, bile spewing little twits. 
To Marc: shame on you for failing to see what the forum really needed.  Additional shame on you for using your powers of censorship to press your case rather than just eliminating the offending posts quitely.
You think you and your name-calling makes you any better than the ones you are critisizing? I think not.

BTW, how does speaking one's mind make one "gutless"?

Piggy

That's your opinion, which you're certainly entitled to.

Still, we should really concentrate on what is truly important here, which is..... TWN has now reached FJR Squadron Leader status!!
crylarfing.gif

To everyone who slammed Marc: shame on you for acting like such JACKASSES.  If you wanted to leave, then just freakin' LEAVE already and quit being such gutless, bile spewing little twits.
Whut the fuk!???

What's with your "Love it or Leave It" mentality? It's just as bad as censorship. It may get ugly, stupid, and iditotic, but telling everybody to leave it alone will get you the same response as Marc's World. It's just throwing gas on the fire.

We don't want to shut up about it, because the stupidity, censorship, and banning is still going on. In fact, it's getting worse. His guidelines are capricious and he'll continue to be questioned. It may be his right, but it still sucks and we can all go on as long as we want. :p

I guess I could tell you that you don't have to open up this forum....that if you don't like this page you shouldn't read it...... but I wouldn't do that. We're all uniquely American, rubber-neck at car wrecks, and get riled up when anti-democratic and free speech cases come up.

This issue will die down when it needs to die down.

Pack mentality or gang? I see it us as a coalition against censorship. I see us as a demented intervention group suggesting Marc go back on his meds.

Sometimes free speech is not pretty, but given the alternative of somebody deciding what is and isn't OK--I'm glad the admins have chosen to open and supportive of free speech. :clap:

Not only is this board full of important FJR and misc bike info ....... lately it is just getting down right FUN!!!! :argue:

Continuing whoring...

I believe I will add a new smilie in honor of TWN: 

upyours.jpg

You jealous bastards! Face it, if you learned to type with your fingers instead of your dicks you'd be further along than me! :p :D ;) :****: Not to mention your keyboards wouldn't be sticky, either!

@radman, what can I say? It was humid that day and I was having a bad hair day. My makeup held up well though...

@nusman, You moron! It's Vicodin and Jack Daniels for me, St. Joseph's Asprin (the chewable kind) and KoolAide for the radster.

PW,TWN - Out!

Oh, well..... guess I'll be banned shortly... whatever....
Yea, well, you probably should....

I spoke as loud as most about the issues with EZBoard, but the pack mentality/gangbang attitudes I've seen demonstrated by the membership towards Marc has made me sick.
TXFJR - Apparently you understand little of human nature. The thing that made EZBoard so good, so special, was the personal involvement and passion of its members.

Then along comes the site owner with new rules. Bad timing. Another FJR board had just been created, using superior technology. Oh look, mass exodus. Surprise, surprise.

Now come the negative comments. Let's see, hundreds of people putting in a lot of effort to answer questions, organize rides, help newbies, all the while getting paid nothing; and now their services are no longer valued by the site owner. I'm sorry but the reaction to the management of EZBoard is very understandable.

I left EZBoard after 30 months of membership and joined this forum because of the people. The superior technology here is just a nice bonus.

Larry

In times like these, I just wear my MASSIVE TINFOIL HAT!

:alien: :alien: :alien:

tinfoil.jpg

:alien: :alien: :alien:

I've been quiet on this over here for some time. I wanted to reach out to Marc as a fellow biker and see if it would help the situation. I've exchanged a few PM's with him since placing my public posts on EZboard.

It's apparent that Marc intends to stay his course for the time being. I'm not shocked, it's hard to rise above anger and have the courage to stop something like this. But I'm disappointed that this will continue, at least in the immediate future. So be it, I tried my best.

Bounce, my hat's off to you for trying to discuss this rationally with Marc. Your posts lead me to believe that the responses you got from Marc were somewhat similar to the responses I got. But I also believe he considered our views, at least he told me as much. I'm still hoping he'll change his mind.

TWN, rad and stef, I gotta admit that your efforts to add levity to the situation have been well, er, um, damn funny IMHO. Gotta admit I laughed my ass off at some of the cartoons you guys put up. I've seen you guys turn the humor on yourselves too, so my perception is that you were just having fun. It's fair to say that Marc doesn't appreciate the humor, and probably regards these as more personal attacks. But unless he chooses to put an end to this crap, he'll have to deal with the negativity of hanging on to his current course of action.

And so it goes on another episode of "As the FJR turns". In case y'all haven't figured it out, I'm not playing fence sitter in all this. My personal preference is for this board, has been since I signed on and as this place continues to grow and evolve it gets better than EZ every single day, IMO. The quantity and quality of posting continues to grow, as does the format, and it's exciting to watch. This place has only been here, what, a little over a month? Look at it already, and imagine, if you can, what it will look like in 6 months, or a year. Wow!

I don't hold this opinion because of anything Marc said, or anything anyone else said. My opinion is based solely on this: Over here, you see growth, improvement, dynamic thinking, not to mention the humor and comraderie that used to exist on EZ. Over there, it's the same old same old format, and the posting really has dwindled. The magic that was there is now gone, at least for me.

Tune in for next week's episode!!

WJ

TWN, rad and stef, I gotta admit that your efforts to add levity to the situation have been well, er, um, damn funny IMHO. Gotta admit I laughed my ass off at some of the cartoons you guys put up. I've seen you guys turn the humor on yourselves too, so my perception is that you were just having fun. It's fair to say that Marc doesn't appreciate the humor, and probably regards these as more personal attacks. But unless he chooses to put an end to this crap, he'll have to deal with the negativity of hanging on to his current course of action.
There have been many concise, on point, definitive arguments posted on That Other Board II concerning the move here, the reasons for it, and this by many intelligent, long time contributors to the EZ board.

These have been dismissed by the boards Chief Admin.

The staff at the EZ board were fired from their duties due to their reluctance to conform to the program laid down by this same Chief Admin, to the loss of all who still visit there. The removal of them and their contributions to the board on many levels was noted by the old hands that remained.

This made no difference to The Chief Admin.

As time goes on, more and more Fjr-ians find reasons to visit, hang for a bit, and move their belongings here. There is good reason for this: freedom attracts, authoritarianism repels. My bunker pic at the top of this page was somewhat in jest, but was also a comment on what I see happening at That Other Site II. The stand is being made, the decisions The Chief Admin have made will remain until the spirit I found when I first came there has dissolved like so many wisps of morning fog, exposed to the bright sunlight of free, progressive thought, like that I find here. This is sad, but realists understand that to stay with The Chief Admin means to go down with him, and all that that entails. Me, I choose to breathe free, operate with as few constraints as are acceptably possible, and enjoy my time with my friends wherever they may be, and this place is where that happens to be. I visit That Other Site II less and less, and find less and less to justify my time there. Decline is not fun to watch or participate in.

Look, you have 3 options. You can stay here, you can leave, or you can visit both. Whinning is not an option (here). I'm so tired of this crap.
I think the bunker doors are starting to close.

The stand is being made, the decisions The Chief Admin have made will remain until the spirit I found when I first came there has dissolved like so many wisps of morning fog, exposed to the bright sunlight of free, progressive thought, like that I find here.

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you the Walt Whitman of FJRForum.com.

Seriously, for just a moment, well put radman. I keep trying to post something akin to what you've written, but every time I start I start to get PO'd or just shake my head, chuckle and finally wind up saying to myself, 'Self? Eff it, it ain't worth it'. I have a new home where the 'wisps of fog' have lifted to a clear and sunny new day...

Sheesh, that's sappy!