The Evil that is 13....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some happy news... whew! :D

I now think there is enough spare mirror bolt length to allow sufficient spacer buildup for the aux light brackets, while still allowing the fastener to hold things securely! :D :D

First, as suspected... after all bolts/push-pin fasteners are removed, cowling removal is *still* a tedious, painstaking task - all slots, tabs and recesses. Use care... or you'll be snapping plastic: :rolleyes:

LtFrontDashTabs.jpg

Fortunately, this came off in one piece, revealing the farkling area under the cowling... a photo a lot of us have been waiting to see! :D Note the two mirrors bolts in upper left of photo... threads in excess of 5mm!

UnderDashArea.jpg

WIth the mirror bolts several turns past the end of the 10mm retaining fastener, here is the gap available for spacers/aux light brackets!!

MirrorBracketGap.jpg

FJR1300 Aux Light users, rejoice! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The classic, traditional FJR1300 aux light mounting points now appear to be continued into the Gen III bikes! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
First, as suspected... after all bolts/push-pin fasteners are removed, cowling removal is *still* a tedious, painstaking task - all slots, tabs and recesses.

LtFrontDashTabs.jpg
This is why we can't have nice things. :huh:

Seriously, it makes me smile when I see the first bike of the next generation opened up for farkling activities. And it took you a whole 20 hours to tear apart your new $15,000 toy! ;)

I'm glad the spacer idea has merit for auxiliary light brackets. The Gen III just keeps getting better! :yahoo:

FJR1300 Aux Light users, rejoice! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The classic, traditional FJR1300 aux light mounting points now appear to be continued into the Gen III bikes! :yahoo:
You mean the same mounting points that cause Gen II front subframe destruction??? :p :p :p

You mean the same mounting points that cause Gen II front subframe destruction when forum geniuses mounted huge ass-lbs of Solteks to create huge-ass momentum arms???
Fixerated and accuratized. :lol:

First, as suspected... after all bolts/push-pin fasteners are removed, cowling removal is *still* a tedious, painstaking task - all slots, tabs and recesses.

LtFrontDashTabs.jpg
This is why we can't have nice things. :huh:

Seriously, it makes me smile when I see the first bike of the next generation opened up for farkling activities. And it took you a whole 20 hours to tear apart your new $15,000 toy! ;)

I'm glad the spacer idea has merit for auxiliary light brackets. The Gen III just keeps getting better! :yahoo:
ummmmmm you mean the 2nd bike of the next generation....... :p :p :p :p :p

R

Cruise control 50 to 180 KPH (31 to 112 MPH) in 3rd through 5th gears.

https://www.yamaha-mo...x?view=features
That link is for the European market.

North American FJRs are often different (e.g. Canadian and U.S. customer only get one color per year). And a Canadian Yamaha website says cruise control works 50 to 128 KPH (31 to 80 mph)

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/products.php?model=4217§ion=ft&group=M#contentTop

Hopefully, (as Warchild may have demonstrated) that specification is incorrect.....if Canadian and US FJRs are the same. Assuming so, this would be the second or third time their marketing material didn't quite match up with what's released (e.g. the number of catalytic converters)

ok I was just making sure that the dealer didn't forget to do something......Would i be correct in thinking that it must be something like the Wing suspension before i did the AK upgrade?

R
Probably not that bad. Those Hondapotamus forks suck moist ass cheese, I had one... a half-assed cartridge on the right and a million year old damping rod fork on the left with an anti-dive valve for a 900 lb. bike. Both had no damping adjustments.

All damping lost on the left fork..... dunno what they were thinking. Now we'll need the superbrace??

Edit - Thought I detected the left fork compression damping boss on the lower fork... can you confirm there is no adjuster screw hidden in there? Thx.

PS - Congrats you two doodes on your new machines.

And now for some bad news..... :( :( :(

. I made a very unfortunate discovery ....

.... I am sad to report the Gen III glove box is simply too small....

.... to hold one of the latest, thinnest CCW weapons on the market, the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm...... :( :( :( :(

shield9mm.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Obviously an unfortunate oversight... you should contact the manufacturer immediately!! ;)

.... to hold one of the latest, thinnest CCW weapons on the market, the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm...... :( :( :( :(

shield9mm.jpg

.Thats why they make inside jacket pockets. Sure like your new toys.

shield9mm.jpg

shield9mm.jpg

Crap! I guess that rules out my Ruger Redhawk 44mag 7.5" barrel. Then again I'd have trouble fitting that in the side bag. :gun:

.Thats why they make inside jacket pockets. Sure like your new toys.

shield9mm.jpg

I bet a Walther PPK will fit ;)