The Million Mile Challenge. Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 of us did 200+ miles from Elk Grove to Sonora and back, in the low clouds and scattered showers. MM2, Last Chance, gfran and Sacramento Mike, so that'd be 800 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
75 miles of running errands. Is there any better way to do "chores" and run errands, than on a motorwackle?

Rex

OK, well, I should probably at least get some points on the board. I'll be doing more later, I don't remember what I did earlier in the year, so I'll just start with this.
FJR to work and back + visiting a dealer + Riding the Husky around so the battery stays alive. Total was only about 15 miles.

I'm not counting my commute, cuz it's mostly on a scooter (sometimes on a bike, but the scooter is really the most practical vehicle here....)

-colin

Well, going to Motorcycle Show, some errands, gave me 20 miles.

+5 for picking up the Brutale from the last service.

25 total for this post.

yeeeeha....up to 40....getting there.....

438 miles this week.

-257 today w/ CADMAN...rode backroads in lower alabama & had a great time.

-the rest was general scooting

438 miles this week.
-257 today w/ CADMAN...rode backroads in lower alabama & had a great time.

-the rest was general scooting
I wish you had let me know you were coming this way. Next time?

629 since last post. Warmer weather is good, but it also means more yard work. :angry:

As of 4/1/08, which updates me from the last time I posted (March 12 even though my calculations at the time were off) put me down for 1762 miles.

This includes 1100 miles of fabulous weather and roads in the Hill Country over three days during Easter. Also a "commute" down to Corpus Christi for work. Still going strong, I'll check in at the end of the month

BD

I'll play.

I went 466 miles today, to attend funeral services for fallen Los Angeles Fire Fighter Brent Lovrien, killed in an explosion initiated by some old, faulty electrical equipment. The ride was nothing to be envious about, but the experience in L.A. was nothing short of incredible. I got to march in a walking procession, at the front of the color guard, just behind the California Professional Fire Fighters' Pipe and Drum Corps. If you like the sound of bagpipes, imagine 12 of them in unison, along with taps and drums. Very moving. I'll try to get some more pictures later, but here's a few I took at the reception.

IMG_0385.jpg

Engine 95 was his assignment:

IMG_0383.jpg

And it was converted to carry his casket in the procession:

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

I figure I'll try to keep the logged miles kinda interesting. Hopefully more about riding and less about funerals in the future....

Toe,

Sorry to hear about Brent...that is very sad. God Bless him, his family and friends. My prayers have been sent for all of them!

RIP Brent...thank you for your service.

Rex

Instead of doing the Van Pool thing Thursday I rode in as I had a Dr's App. after work. After I left the Doc's instead of riding the twenty or so miles home I chose the 120 mile route nice ride it was almost fifty Degrees out. So put me down for a one hundred and fifty mile day.

36241 from 37181 = 940 miles since last post. Went up to Kanab UT & over to Las Vegas last weekend. Got rained out on my plan to go across 12 - 24.

Total 11693 miles this year

OK, well, I should probably at least get some points on the board. I'll be doing more later, I don't remember what I did earlier in the year, so I'll just start with this.
FJR to work and back + visiting a dealer + Riding the Husky around so the battery stays alive. Total was only about 15 miles.

I'm not counting my commute, cuz it's mostly on a scooter (sometimes on a bike, but the scooter is really the most practical vehicle here....)

-colin

Well, going to Motorcycle Show, some errands, gave me 20 miles.

+5 for picking up the Brutale from the last service.

25 total for this post.

yeeeeha....up to 40....getting there.....

Tire changing errands, 19 miles.

Ride to Mount Fuji today on Brutale, 144 miles.

163 miles total for this post

203 total....

Status
Not open for further replies.