The Million Mile Challenge. Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wed. 15 Jan, a nice little 170 miles to Hercules, Ca and back along Suisun Bay, the Carquinez Straits and the levees of the Sacramento River.
Today a lovely 201 miles to Sonora, CA and back.
So, that knee is working itself loose, then? When are you back to work?

Uhm...2 hours on the way home is about the "limit". I need to plan on stretch-breaks every hour as I have no travel pegs in the Winter, the footguards are now installed.

Back to work Tues., Jan 22.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm...2 hours on the way home is about the "limit". I need to plan on stretch-breaks every hour as I have no travel pegs in the Winter, the footguards are now installed.

Back to work Tues., Jan 22.
I am so glad to hear you are 'on the mend' Mike. I fully understand all the words behind the words..

As of 1/20/2008 I racked up 475 miles this week.

The weather has been nice.

Looks like rain for all next week so I may wimp out and ride less.

Year to date - 640 miles commuting to work on secondary rural roads - fjr

good idea!

Misc. riding this weekend...2x trips to the store, 1x trip to fix my Mom's TV, 1x trip to church and 1x trip to visit a buddy = 55 miles. Put me down por favor.

Any time on the motorwackle is a good thing!

Rex

RLTW!!

Add 2 miles for me today! Test rode my newly reassembled FJR after the GPS/general service work. :)

TWN,

That may be the 2 miles we need to push us over the edge at the end of the year. Btw...is that an SF window decal in your videos?

Rex

RLTW!!

Btw...is that an SF window decal in your videos?
Rex

RLTW!!
Yup, respect for my brother, Der Colonel. He's SF based at SOCOM at MacDill. I'm flying out Thursday to attend his retirement ceremony. 52 and retiring on a colonel's pension. Fucker. Cigars, golf and broads on the beach... Fucker.

:lol:

I'm finally on the board for 205 miles. Nice ride up and around the Skagit river area.

Everyone to this point is in the log. We're at 9851 miles. Wouldn't have broken 9850 if it wasn't for that last bit by twowheelnut! Come on the rest of you . . . show us your miles!

I'm in first ride this year! Had to try my heated grips and V-Strom hand gaurds 101 miles 35 degress when I started and 27 when I got home! I like the new parts! My dogs would even let me pet them.

I'm in first ride this year! Had to try my heated grips and V-Strom hand gaurds 101 miles 35 degress when I started and 27 when I got home! I like the new parts! My dogs would even let me pet them.
Got you posted in the log.

Ok...not sure if this thread is going to survive...I like the concept, so I am going to keep posting. I did 150 miles today. Great weather and fantastic company on the ride.

Marcos, I hope you got out, enjoyed the weather and rode today?

Btw...no commuting last week...weather was a tad too harsh for me. Going to try to get some miles in this week though.

Rex

OK, 1,175 YTD. Only got in 250 this week b/c we had some snow one day that forced me to take the car...it was a damn ice rink out there with the freezing rain and snow. Took the bike the next day and discovered very quickly what Black Ice is on on a motorcycle and it's ill effects...needless to say a trip to WalMart for new underwear was in order when I got to work. :)

A low of 4 degrees on Thursday AM had me rethinking whether I should have participated in the group buy for heated gloves!

Ok...not sure if this thread is going to survive...I like the concept, so I am going to keep posting.Rex
Me too. Thanks for everyone who is posting. I know there are more people riding out there. We're at 11,810 to this post. I've got a bunch of big rides planned this year:

Seattle to Tucson

Seattle to NFO

Seattle to Jonesboro, Tn

Seattle to Skagway

That should be about 18,000 miles this year. We'll see.

Cheers

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.