Tyler down in serious condition in Idaho!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Tyler reached a milestone today. She swung her legs over the edge of the bed. It may not sound like a big deal to most of you but, for those of us who have been though recovery from a major injury knows different.
That's awesome!!

Keep it up, Tyler!

:clapping:

:yahoo:

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylerrisk/journal

Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:05 PM, PDT

Thursday, 9:30PM

Good evening everyone,

And the neighborhood expands…

Tyler and I spent our typical three hours together this morning. Her attending doctor dropped by to report her kidneys are performing much better. She also told us that it was nothing less than a miracle they are doing so well without the aid of dialysis. Tyler’s response was “If your kidneys had as much good mojo, juju, and prayers as mine have had, they would perform a miracle as well”. Well done all of you.

This evening Susan learned Tyler’s ever expanding neighborhood now includes taking a quick spin around her room in a wheel chair. WOW….at this pace she’ll be racing the other patients down the halls in short order.

Today was a fabulous day in Tyler’s neighborhood.

Night night,

Sue

Thanks for the update, good to know Tyler is doing so well.

Soon she will need a spot tracker so that you guys can find her

:lol:

Next time you see Ty sent her best wishes from us.

Chris and Di Chapman

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylerrisk/journal

Friday, August 21, 2009 10:56 PM, PDT

Howdy, folks. Jaime here. :) I'll open with a "report" from Ty's first visitor of the day, the lovely & talented CC:

"I had a brief but quality visit with T this morning, and ...she looked and sounded the best I've seen her so far :)

When I got there at 8:30, she was still snoozing and I puttered around quietly, then not so quietly, then started talking to her. She opened her eyes once around 9 and went back to nappy land, and then woke up for good at 9:15 when the nurse came in to give her her morning meds and such. The nurse asked her "Hi there, how's your pain this morning?" and T responded in a somewhat caustic tone..."It was great..I was asleep!" I started laughing and told her she was a smart *ss.

We visited for a while and she ate a bit of the cottage cheese & strawberries I brought, then they came in at 10 (a little early) to do the bandage change, and by then the drugs were strarting to kick in. She wasn't particularly happy about not getting her shower prior to the bandage change, but was told she'd have one before the afternoon change. Which kind of surprised me, as she said she just had one yesterday. For whatever reason I assumed they wouldn't do them that frequently, but good for her!"

Good to hear they're keepin our girl clean - a lady must always feel fresh! I visited Ty this evening after work and walked in to see adorable Shannon, all masked & gowned up, quietly sitting while her Momma slept, diligently reading a book she'll need to read for one of her classes this coming semester (she hasn't even started back to school yet - what a good girl! :) I had vowed to let Ty sleep if that was the state in which I found her, but I couldn't resist & gave her a little (masked) kiss on her forehead (I hadn't been able to see her for a couple of days thanks to bandage changes & much-needed napping whenever I visited...) She slowly opened her eyes & my eyes smiled at her (I'm masked, ya'll!) and I apologized for waking her but told her I couldn't help myself. She smiled & propped herself up (she'd been listing a little...) and we chatted a bit. I then encouraged her to go back to sleep & she told me no, only if I kept stroking her hair! She's laid up in the hospital & still calling the shots - guess those kidneys ARE feeling better! LOL Speaking of which, Ty did tell me her doctor came in this morning simply gushing over Ty's lower kidney numbers, VERY pleased with Tyler's progress. Yay - the specter of dialysis seems to be fading more and more each day - attagirl.

Shortly after I arrived, Susan G. showed up with a scrumptious-looking salad from Boston Market. Ty brightened up and said, "Oh I love their salads." After Susan & Shan left to go take Shan's senior pictures with Michael, Tyler then proceeded to direct me in how exactly she wanted the salad cut up. (See above re: calling the shots. ;-) I was happy to please her Highness, and as she munched away, (after directing me exactly where she would like the plate-o-salad & her 7-Up/cranberry juice cocktail - yes, m'lady) in walked Sue P & Erin. We joked about cocktail hour in Ty's room on a wild Friday night, and that she needed paper umbrellas & little plastic monkeys for her drinks now. A short time later, Robert & ... Lisa(? - sorry if I'm getting that wrong!) showed up, so I took my leave - too many cooks in the kitchen, ya know! I knew she had a great crew of friends to keep her company and, after all, the chicken was cut up so my work was done! LOL

Looking forward to another visit with her tomorrow, and facilitating a surprise visit from Cynthia that Tyler has no idea is going to happen. (Shhhhh! Hee hee hee....)

Sweet dreams, all. Hope your lives are full & happy.

xo Jaime

To hell with it. Going down there. With a wig and a surgical mask, I can tell them I'm Jaime,and I'll get in for a visit.
Let me know how that works for ya. :)

The nurses might be just a little protective with their star patient...trying to keep some cross dressing old guy away. But you go ahead and give that a try.

The nurses might be just a little protective with their star patient...trying to keep some cross dressing old guy away. But you go ahead and give that a try.

If I saw some uninvited cross-dressing old guy coming to visit one of MY patients, there might be trouble. If there were no big hefty male nurses in the unit, the security guys would be showing him the door. Then again, if the patient recognized the weirdo and wanted to see him.........

To hell with it. Going down there. With a wig and a surgical mask, I can tell them I'm Jaime,and I'll get in for a visit.
You don't need a wig Mike, your hair is long enough -- some Grecian Formula might help though. Just wipe your lipstick off before putting on the mask -- it makes a terrible mess my female RN friends tell me.

Are you going to wear your FMP's (**** me pumps)?

:D ;)

Oh, take pictures. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need a wig Mike, your hair is long enough -- some Grecian Formula might help though. Just wipe your lipstick off before putting on the mask -- it makes a terrible mess my female RN friends tell me.

Oh, take pictures. LOL
TMI !!!! ;) :lol:

Oh, take pictures. LOL
You owe me a keyboard shiney. Mine is covered in vomit.

If I saw some uninvited cross-dressing old guy coming to visit one of MY patients, there might be trouble. If there were no big hefty male nurses in the unit, the security guys would be showing him the door. Then again, if the patient recognized the weirdo and wanted to see him.........
Jill and Mark, You two have obviously never seen Old Michael in an evening gown: Absolutely stunning! I am with Shiny, go with the red FMP's. OM, go for it: It will make Tyler's day to see a dear and faithful friend there to cheer her up. Good man!!!

Don't most hospitals have a psychiatric ward..............................Just sayng, may be a longer visit than planned. B)

So glad to read these positive updates on Tyler's status. Work has me within driving distance of San Jose; is Tyler up for visitors outside of family? If so, what are the hours as I'd like to take a few minutes to visit tomorrow.

thx,

Wayne