Tyler down in serious condition in Idaho!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best wishes coming your way Tyler. It always sucks to see something like this happen to one of our FJR Family. Get well soon!

Jaime, Thank you for posting the informational updates. That is good news her job and insurance is coming through. One less thing for her loved ones to worry about. I have not met Tyler, but she is from the same area as I, and I spent 35 years in the South Bay Area, and I feel a kinship as a rider and growing up in the same area. Indeed, I will donate blood, my Church is having a drive as the 4th is coming up and the need increases around holidays.

Tyler we left you a message this morning at the care site and we are still praying for you. And I might ad to pray for the truck driver and their family as well as this is devestating as a professional driver.

As a truck driver of days past this is all too familiar a scene. Even with spotter mirrors and waiting to make a turn as it sounds that this driver did, that area from the right front wheel to the front rear drivers is a very difficult area to manage.

Our CMA chapter is on prayer duty too. Get well soon Tyler. We all love you here! May the Lord keep you and protect you. PM. <>< :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler we left you a message this morning at the care site and we are still praying for you. And I might ad to pray for the truck driver and their family as well as this is devestating as a professional driver.
As a truck driver of days past this is all too familiar a scene. Even with spotter mirrors and waiting to make a turn as it sounds that this driver did, that area from the right front wheel to the front rear drivers is a very difficult area to manage.

Our CMA chapter is on prayer duty too. Get well soon Tyler. We all love you here! May the Lord keep you and protect you. PM. <>< :love:
Great post PM.

I have been looking for the words to describe this feeling i have about this whole thing, And i can't quite put them together.

This tragedy has sucker punched me twice. Once as a professional driver, And once as a fellow FJR Rider.

Heal quickly Tyler!

===== HEY OM ========

When you see Tyler, tell her I said, she won't be as much fun when stalking her.... if she is just going to lay there !!!!

she will understand......... ;>

B.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:50 AM, MDT

More good news, I'm glad to report. Tyler is still showing improvement, to the point that her doctor thinks they'll be able to fly her out perhaps tomorrow or the day after. I'm putting this up as soon as I've learned it so that all of you sweet people who are whirling around making travel plans know to kind of stand down & sit tight. The other good news is that now it's looking like she'll go to either Santa Clara Valley Med or U.C. Davis, both of which are good places for her in the doc's opinion. He was especially complimentary of VMC's rehab unit, so that's his first pick.

We (Susan, Michael & myself) are in the cafeteria waiting for Ty's dressing change to be completed. (Not really something I'm up for watching. :) The doctor said he is, once again, really happy with her progress. Her lungs continue to improve and they've been able to decrease her meds some. The lung improvement is critical because the goal is to get her off the ventilator. Haven't seen her yet this morning, but will update on her when I do.

Keep those prayers / good thoughts / special juju coming her way - they're clearly working, as is Tyler. She's a tough girl and it's paying off in spades right now.

-Jaime

All are excellent Hospitals. Both my wife and I worked at them at various points ( My late wife was a Microbiologist and I was a Respiratory Care Practitioner). It was some years ago but the staff's at all were top notch as well as facilities. The only other thing to keep in mind for all is at some teaching hospitals , ( University of Washington up here for instance) your care is directed by the attending Physician and implemented by Fellows or other Residents and even Interns some times. Not really a bad thing , but if you have ever wondered why some hospitals have a herd of Docs following around and chatting and examining a patient in front of them; speaking out loud that is why. It is a learning situation for all. Most of the time the Fellow has a group of Residents that do the actual care. However all care is discussed with the Residents , Attending and Fellows together. The reason I mention it is many people worry needlessly because of all the activity with a patient and why so many people are around. Wherever Tyler winds up I am sure she will be happy with the care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lotta crashes going on, maybe we should slow down, be more careful, pay more attention, and not assume anything.

Too many competent and seasoned riders taking the plunge in here.

We have a million mile push going on, how about a zero crash push?

We have a million mile push going on, how about a zero crash push?
word.gif

Just checked into the board and saw this. I am so sorry this has happened. Prayers to enable patience and the focus on a complete recovery.

I sure don't wanna make this about "me", but I'm just sick to my stomach reading this.

The FJR Forum has become my retreat and entertainment for the past 4 years, giving me time to enjoy "family" and friends I've made here, as the "life" I live here is in many ways better than my "real" life.

That's when news like this snaps me back to reality and I am forced to remember that every avatar, every nickname, every wise-ass response represents a real person. And when these people get hurt, or worse, it's like a member of my real family has suffered.

I may make a serious point of avoiding similar threads in the future because I just don't want any of my FJR "buds" leaving my "life", even for a little while.

But to Tyler, God Bless and get well soon, y'hear???

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:39 PM, MDT

The attached photo is of Ty & Shan w/her nurse from yesterday, Andrea. (And sorry guys, but Andrea's spoken for & getting married in a couple of months. ;-) Tyler has been & still is a one-on-one patient who gets a nurse all to herself. She'll love to know she was the center of attention, I'm sure. In the pic, Shan's wearing a LifeFlight sweatshirt that I couldn't get her out of once I got it for her. She keyed in on it right away and how could I say no?! Enjoy it, cutie.

Right now, I'm sitting in Ty's room & she's still pluggin' along. Her lungs continue to show improvement. They've reduced her meds so that she's "only" on lots of morphine right now. They up that when they do dressing changes, etc. They're fixin' to move her back into a regular bed because now that she's not so doped up, the movement of the Tilt-a-Whirl kind of freaks her out. Doc says given her improvement, no need to keep her in a bed that makes her feel like she's gonna fall out every 20 minutes. :) It's nice to be here & be able to talk to her & reassure her when she has her reactive moments.

There have been a couple of occasions where she's tried to get up out of bed or pull the mouth tubes out (her arms are still restrained to prevent that) which is actually a good sign in the sense that she can move her legs & of course, has got that ol' Tyler kick in her still.

Her day nurse today (Kelly) is a rider herself, so that's even more good mojo in the room. I'm sure Ty would love to chat her up if she could. One of the things the nurse was talking about with Susan & Michael is the fact that Ty's injuries illustrate vividly the importance of zipping your pants to your jacket *whenever* you're in motion on your bike. Ty's weren't, which resulted in her basically getting pantsed by the truck's wheels and unfortunately her skin went right along with them. (Insert joke about Tyler getting pantsed by a trucker here. ;-) Susan & Michael agreed that's something people naturally get a little lazy about, but that this has reinforced in them the need to be vigilant.

When I hear more re: her move, I'll of course get it out here immediately. Keep the faith...

-Jaime

I sure don't wanna make this about "me", but I'm just sick to my stomach reading this.
The FJR Forum has become my retreat and entertainment for the past 4 years, giving me time to enjoy "family" and friends I've made here, as the "life" I live here is in many ways better than my "real" life.

That's when news like this snaps me back to reality and I am forced to remember that every avatar, every nickname, every wise-ass response represents a real person. And when these people get hurt, or worse, it's like a member of my real family has suffered.

I may make a serious point of avoiding similar threads in the future because I just don't want any of my FJR "buds" leaving my "life", even for a little while.

Yep, Howie, I understand completely.

I haven't been here very long, but hit that "view new posts" with happy, excited anticipation.

You, Howie, along with many others, are what makes this place special. Cyperspace and Internet worry me in some ways as a parent of teenagers, but for me personally, I thank my lucky stars it exists because of this forum and the special people I've met in cyberspace who as you say, are real breathing people, with real lives and points of view that are quite warm and interesting (well, about Bust and Odot, no comment).

We all think the greatest about "our" Tyler, and I think we mostly repress the vulnerability we experience doing what we do. I'm shocked to see anyone here hurt or worse, but then that is tempered by the love, care, and generousity shown when there's a need. Geez, someone posts a question or want, and it seems to be taken care of by someone most all the time. The way these opportunities to serve one another are filled makes the investment in each other so worthwhile.

I don't watch or read the news much anymore because the negativism has become the philosophy and method by the media. Their motives are obvious.

But all of your motives are obvious as well; and in such a positive spirit, I am honored to take part in any way I can.

And you, Mr. Howie, are a big part of it.

Cheer up...Tyler ain't going anywhere...it's just a (big) bump in the road...pun intended

And a grand opportunity for each of us to serve in some small way as we are led and see fit.

Just our words of support and encouragement are big. Katrina taught me that as cyberspace buds felt led to serve me and my family during a very difficult time.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike

(in Nawlins')

+1

we are all fighting with you tyler and I hear your going home soon. wooooooo hooooo :yahoo:

So sorry to hear of this. Tyler, please stay strong and get well soon.

We all miss you here on the forum.

Steve

Tyler,

I have been a forum member here for a relatively short time but more than enough to read many of your posts, see pictures and know the impact you have on others and true love/respect they have for you. I am so sorry to hear of this horrible accident and send you all the good thoughts and energy I possibly can for a complete recovery.

I look forward to continued positive reports on this new road you must travel.

Sincerely,

Mark